Changing the coach - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #16
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all
Re: Changing the coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
I can tell you already understand, because you are worried about Sabine, but I still would not go so far as to represent a change of coach as umumgänglich. Rather, they must now re-match practice and gain confidence from their game and see especially the most important thing: Please no more injuries or illnesses?"

Sounds funny, but comprehensible, I think for our English speaking Boom Boom friends.
Yay Mojo!
Gotta love google translate!
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #17
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Think I preferred the post in German!!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #18
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

I'm sorry that I've wrote it only in german, but my german is much better than my english, loddhar would say

I think we should trust in Sabine, that she sees it by herself, if there are things like the coach that she have to change.
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #19
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

I've been thinking about that, there is only one solution, she has to swap coaches with Wozniacki, Mr.Wozniacki can teach her to hit less UE's and push the ball in if necessary and Dr.Lisicki shows Caro how to hit winners and aces all over the place.
and maybe most importand, they would get a needed change of tone, Caro gets the all nice encouraging talking and Sabine the rough commanding arttitude of Piotr.

A Win Win situation imo !!

daddys need to let there daughters go at some point.

Don't hit me with a shovel please
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #20
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
I've been thinking about that, there is only one solution, she has to swap coaches with Wozniacki, Mr.Wozniacki can teach her to hit less UE's and push the ball in if necessary and Dr.Lisicki shows Caro how to hit winners and aces all over the place.
and maybe most importand, they would get a needed change of tone, Caro gets the all nice encouraging talking and Sabine the rough commanding arttitude of Piotr.

A Win Win situation imo !!

daddys need to let there daughters go at some point.

Don't hit me with a shovel please
I can only assume you are kidding because IMO; Piotr needs to stay the fuck away from Sabine. We think she feels pressure now? Imagine the pressure she would feel with him yelling at her in Polish on coaching time outs. No thanks. I'd sooner coach Sabine than... that. I generally dislike Caro, but feel sorry for her with a father that controlling.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #21
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
I can only assume you are kidding because IMO; Piotr needs to stay the fuck away from Sabine. We think she feels pressure now? Imagine the pressure she would feel with him yelling at her in Polish on coaching time outs. No thanks. I'd sooner coach Sabine than... that. I generally dislike Caro, but feel sorry for her with a father that controlling.
100% d'accord avec toi (as well concerning Caro as her choleric father)

But when I fancy Wozzyfather scolding to Sabs like he does with his daughter, I'm sure Sabs would kill him not only with evil eyes
Can't really imagine how anybody (like wozzy) bears that kind of angry cursing with such a calm

different temperaments need different trainers and Sabs needs a calm one (like Angie has)

Last edited by maturedgirl : Mar 18th, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #22
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
different temperaments need different trainers and Sabs needs a calm one (like Angie has)
maybe, but how can you know that, she only had a calm trainer to date and i'm not impressed, especially with the on court coaching at all, her dad doesn't get through to her during those coachings.
Sometimes one needs to be broken and rebuild mentaly, thats what Piotr could do, it doesn't need to be Mr. Wozniacki of course, just someone who is a bit more strict and doesn't hold back like daddy does.
Ive seen her practice once with her father, i can tell you she clearly was the boss during that practice session, she was the commanding one, not him
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #23
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
Sometimes one needs to be broken ...

Ive seen her practice once with her father, i can tell you she clearly was the boss during that practice session, she was the commanding one, not him
concerning first one: thats not my approach to successful coaching of an adult and independent athlet, it reminds me to the way eastgermans philosophy of coaching, but it's not possible to "brake" an independent, free autonomous mind like Sabine Lisicki

How practice takes off probably depends on form of the day but IMO a hot-blooded mind needs cooling-off counterpart...from my personal experience
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #24

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

If I'm really honest, I've always hoped that Sabine would hire the amazing Heinz Gunthardt. It may have something to do with the fact Steffi was the first tennis player I was a fan of, but also seeing how well he worked with Ana Ivanovic and how he "rescued" her from her really bad slump back in 2010. She won two titles during the short time they worked together. I also get the sense he would be good for calming her nerves when it comes to pressure-- after all, he worked with the greatest tennis player of all time for many years (who rarely cracked under pressure)... he must know a thing or two about that. Plus, he has a great work ethic from the stories I've heard about his practice sessions with Ana. Sabs probably needs that too.

One of the downsides, I realise, would be the expectation from the German media if she were to hire the former coach of the Great Steffi Graf. The Steffi 2.0 articles/comparisons would be rampant.

I don't know... just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. It'll never happen but I'd be the happiest person on Earth it did.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #25
country flag Ziva

no you can't and shouldn't break her mind for sure, i meant you have to break her mental blockade, if she starts crying during a match, she needs a kick in the arse not someone who nearly starts crying too, at first this will be hard, but in the end she'd gain a lot from it, look at Petkovic, she cried a lot and lost her game completely when she wasn't playing well, she changed that after she hired a good team and is now much much more consistend and mentaly stronger than ever.

Sabine is carrying that mental package through out her whole career now, look at 2010 before the injury, she was high in the rankings and started to show nerves all the time, especially when facing opponents she normally beats easily, it's the same now....

so obviously something needs to be a changed, if thats possible with the current team, fine, if not she needs to try new personnel.

Or this whole discussion is useless, because it's just how she always will be playing, going down the rankings and come back with a Bang.
If that Bang will get her a GS sometime, i could live with that
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #26
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If I'm really honest, I've always hoped that Sabine would hire the amazing Heinz Gunthardt. It may have something to do with the fact Steffi was the first tennis player I was a fan of, but also seeing how well he worked with Ana Ivanovic and how he "rescued" her from her really bad slump back in 2010. She won two titles during the short time they worked together. I also get the sense he would be good for calming her nerves when it comes to pressure-- after all, he worked with the greatest tennis player of all time for many years (who rarely cracked under pressure)... he must know a thing or two about that. Plus, he has a great work ethic from the stories I've heard about his practice sessions with Ana. Sabs probably needs that too.

One of the downsides, I realise, would be the expectation from the German media if she were to hire the former coach of the Great Steffi Graf. The Steffi 2.0 articles/comparisons would be rampant.

I don't know... just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. It'll never happen but I'd be the happiest person on Earth it did.
Interesting contribution to this thread, girl!
I'd rather see some Steffi 2.0 happen than some Wozniacki coaching!! Even though I'm not a fan of The Woz I really feel sorry for her that she has to put up with that shit her father says. No one needs that! Espeacially not a player who is about to have a slump - and I'm talking about Caro! I wish for her that her father would have let her work with Sanchez w/o interfering. Just look at Petrova of late... She served like 10+ aces in that match against Stosur. Eeek.

Re: Steffi 2.0 - with so many German girls on the rise I don't think the expectation will all be on one! And that is very good!
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Interesting contribution to this thread, girl!
I'd rather see some Steffi 2.0 happen than some Wozniacki coaching!! Even though I'm not a fan of The Woz I really feel sorry for her that she has to put up with that shit her father says. No one needs that! Espeacially not a player who is about to have a slump - and I'm talking about Caro! I wish for her that her father would have let her work with Sanchez w/o interfering. Just look at Petrova of late... She served like 10+ aces in that match against Stosur. Eeek.

Re: Steffi 2.0 - with so many German girls on the rise I don't think the expectation will all be on one! And that is very good!
I know this is slightly off-topic, but I watched a practice with Caro, Piotr and Sanchez in Perth and if you didn't know any better you would've thought Piotr was her coach and Sanchez had been hired to fetch the tennis balls for the world #1. I'd imagine if Sabine ever hired a new coach-- Dr Lisicki would never interfere like that. I would like him to still travel with her from time to time.... he deserves that after the great work he did to get her to where she is today.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #28

Quote:
I get the feeling with Angie doing so well lately, and Petko (hopefully) coming back soon the pressure should be lifted off Sabine's shoulders. I hope.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #29
country flag jasonwright25

jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all

Quote:
I get the feeling with Angie doing so well lately, and Petko (hopefully) coming back soon the pressure should be lifted off Sabine's shoulders. I hope.
Pressure is just stress that one cannot handle. She needs to learn to attack "pressure" and not run from it. If you want to be a champion and reach your potential, you can't be the underdog forever. Sabine just needs to find some mental toughness and her natural talent will take over the rest.

And she needs a coach that will give her the "tough love" approach.
jasonwright25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #30
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwright25 View Post
Pressure is just stress that one cannot handle. She needs to learn to attack "pressure" and not run from it. If you want to be a champion and reach your potential, you can't be the underdog forever. Sabine just needs to find some mental toughness and her natural talent will take over the rest.

And she needs a coach that will give her the "tough love" approach.
I think I know what you mean. And even though I don't think I know what's best for her I kinda agree with your observation.
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote