Starting the year in Sydney Qualies - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #1
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute
Starting the year in Sydney Qualies

So Kiri is actually in Qualies.

(1/wc)Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
Erika Sema (JPN) v Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)
Iryna Bremond (FRA) v Anastasija Sevastova (LAT)
Monique Adamczak (AUS) v (10)Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU)

She plays 2nd tomorrow. I'll be there

Last edited by Nikkiri : Jan 5th, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
Nikkiri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #2
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of
Re: Starting the year in Sydney Qualies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agronsky. View Post
She plays 2nd tomorrow. I'll be there
Great, hopefully you could be her lucky charm there

by the way why is she not in MD ? late registration, not good enough ranking (even so she's top30) ?

Come on Maria
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #3
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Strong field she was only like 3 out of MD. Basically the whole 20 is there minus like 3 players.

I hope I am. I'll take lots of pics
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #4
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

Who are the WC?

She better qualifies...
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #5
country flag Nikkiri

There were 2 top 20 WCs but no one took them so they go to the top 2 alts Hantuchova and Safarova. It's kinda better for her to play Q's instead of straight in MD anyways.
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #6
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

Okay, that's fair. Yeah, maybe playing matches against less good players will give her rythm before the MD and we'll see how ready she is after her training/holidays in the USA.
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #7
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

I think qualies will be good considering she didn't play this week. Make it to the main draw Maria!
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #8
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

lets start off 2012 with a nice win.
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #9
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

fuckety fuck. Kiri is about to lose to Lepchenko in the Q1. AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #10
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

nevermind...she came back from 2-5 down in the third, saving matchpoint to win in tiebreak.

that's our Kiri!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #11
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

good to get the win. Watching kiri on livescore is rough.
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #12
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMasha23 View Post
good to get the win. Watching kiri on livescore is rough.
I knew she was playing this night (in France), thanks to this 10h lag I was sleeping and not following the livescore

Glad she finally won after being 2-5 down in 3rd

Hopefully she will improve for next match.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #13
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
nevermind...she came back from 2-5 down in the third, saving matchpoint to win in tiebreak.

that's our Kiri!
For reals?

I didn't even realize that she was playing today.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #14
country flag Remix13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
For reals?

I didn't even realize that she was playing today.
Hard to believe she has to play qualies ^^
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #15
country flag Nikkiri

She should have been up 4-0 in the final set. Had gps and break points but couldn't convert. Lepchenko kept getting coaching even after her coach came down twice, he was standing on the balcony where players can sit and watch giving her all kinds of hand signals. I can't believe she saved mpps and won, she's a fighter. Her serve needs some work. Far too many annoying DFs. At one stage she let out the biggest sigh.

I'll upload some more pics later.

Last edited by Nikkiri : Jan 6th, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Nikkiri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote