Sydney 2012. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #16
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sydney 2012.

Hopefully Sam plays better this week. A bit unlucky to play a leftie so early into the season. Also the commentator of her R2 match (either Rennae or Sam Smith) mentioned that the PRA plays alot like an indoor court which is not to Sam's advantage as well. I suppose of all the 'dangerous' players to draw for R1, getting Franny is better than say Pennetta/Goerges or Bartoli. At least Sam has a favorable h2h record against her. Can't wait to watch Sam play again!

Last edited by annetcl : Jan 7th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #17
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

I think the Sydney field will fall apart due to injuries, as it does every year...
If she loses early I won't be that disapointed to be honest.
Gets her to Melbourne quicker to prepare
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #18
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Very tough draw for Sam in the light of her recent and past record in Australia. Fran has an unfortunate knack of getting inside Sam's head, and even though she's got a good record against Dani their matches are usually close, so if Sam's level drops off a bit she could struggle there as well. And a potential QF match with Kvitova speaks for itself. But if Sam can get that far and at least make a match of it against Kvitova, that might be all the preparation she needs for the AO. In fact she doesn't really want to go all the way this week, because then she could be overcooked by the time play starts in Melbourne. Go Sam!!!
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #19
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Not with the dreams again

Although previous experience suggests that Sam infiltrating the subconscious of TF users is a sure sign of unexpected glory!
Really? I don't remember much from the USO 2011. All I remember is terror, followed by hope, followed by terror, followed by hope etc
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #20
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Sam is playing 4th on CC tomorrow. Waking up at 5 am it is then
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #21
country flag skymnos

skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
Sam is playing 4th on CC tomorrow. Waking up at 5 am it is then
You will be all day!
skymnos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #22
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Very tough draw for Sam in the light of her recent and past record in Australia. Fran has an unfortunate knack of getting inside Sam's head, and even though she's got a good record against Dani their matches are usually close, so if Sam's level drops off a bit she could struggle there as well. And a potential QF match with Kvitova speaks for itself. But if Sam can get that far and at least make a match of it against Kvitova, that might be all the preparation she needs for the AO. In fact she doesn't really want to go all the way this week, because then she could be overcooked by the time play starts in Melbourne. Go Sam!!!
You're back!

Terrible things happened in your absence.

You're right, the match with Dani could be very difficult, especially as she seems to play quite a lot like Benesova with the clean hitting and slender frame. At least she's not a lefty, although she is a better player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21 View Post
Really? I don't remember much from the USO 2011. All I remember is terror, followed by hope, followed by terror, followed by hope etc
I didn't realise Sam was capable of inflicting memory loss on fans trying to suppress traumatic experiences
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #23

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

COME ON SAM

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #24

Ooh new dress. I quite like it, simple and fits well, she looks nice.

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #25

Oh Sam. Bad footwork and unnecessary errors. Franny breaks 1-0.

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #26
country flag Towanda

Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future Towanda has a brilliant future

ugh, broken already
Towanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #27
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

I forget how lovely Frannie's one-handed backhand is

Still doesn't change the fact that I want Sam to crush her
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #28

Breaks right back with some good play. Hopefully has settled a bit.

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #29
country flag Theodoropen

Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold Theodoropen is a splendid one to behold

A break back at love!
Theodoropen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #30

Her BH this year has just been terrible. Right back to 2009 levels, it's like the last two years never happened.