Brisbane 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #1
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold
Brisbane 2012

About time to start a new thread, no?
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #2
country flag skymnos

skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice
Re: Brisbane 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
About time to start a new thread, no?
Yes! The counting is almost over!
skymnos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #3
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

She will play her first match on Monday. The night session at Brisbane
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 02:40 AM   #4
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

I have a really bad feeling that she's going to crash out in the second round. But I almost always have that feeling so it probably doesn't mean anything. Can't wait to see the draw and spend ages working out all of the possible ways it can fall apart for Sam
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #5
country flag Dazza01

Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post

I have a really bad feeling that she's going to crash out in the second round.

Don't we all? We're Sam fans, it's our duty to expect she'll under-perform.

Quote:
But I almost always have that feeling so it probably doesn't mean anything. Can't wait to see the draw and spend ages working out all of the possible ways it can fall apart for Sam
...or all the possible ways Sam can lose a match based upon the height of her opponent and how flat they can hit.

Amélie Mauresmo - Samantha Stosur
Dazza01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #6
country flag skymnos

skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice skymnos is just really nice

Quote:
I have a really bad feeling that she's going to crash out in the second round. But I almost always have that feeling so it probably doesn't mean anything.
Who doesn't? How come we never get used to it?
BTW, you just reminded me of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HERZHiKDMKw
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #7
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have a really bad feeling that she's going to crash out in the second round. But I almost always have that feeling so it probably doesn't mean anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza01 View Post
Don't we all? We're Sam fans, it's our duty to expect she'll under-perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymnos View Post
Who doesn't? How come we never get used to it?

No way!!! In 2012 Sam is going to stop losing to scrubs and that's going to make all the difference ....

Quote:
Can't wait to see the draw and spend ages working out all of the possible ways it can fall apart for Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza01 View Post
all the possible ways Sam can lose a match based upon the height of her opponent and how flat they can hit.
... as will finally outfoxing the tall flathitters by standing a bit further back and mixing up her shots so they can't get any rhythm against her. I can't wait for 2012. Bring it on!!!!
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #8
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

counting, counting, counting the days!!
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #9
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

2 Days till she plays
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

Old Dec 30th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #10
country flag skymnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
No way!!! In 2012 Sam is going to stop losing to scrubs and that's going to make all the difference ....
From your lips to God's ears...
I am pretty confident that 2012 will be ever better than 2010 or 2011, too. I just worry about everything . I can't help it.
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #11
country flag plokploky

plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold

I hope she can make two slam finals and at least win one of them. I can't wait for her 2012.
plokploky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 01:00 AM   #12
country flag Chris93

She draw Yakimova first round in Brisbane. Same half as Williams same quater is Clijsters.

Old Dec 31st, 2011, 01:09 AM   #13

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite
No way!!! In 2012 Sam is going to stop losing to scrubs and that's going to make all the difference... as will finally outfoxing the tall flathitters by standing a bit further back and mixing up her shots so they can't get any rhythm against her. I can't wait for 2012. Bring it on!!!!

I keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment. But I secretly also want her to win that golden slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbal View Post
She draw Yakimova first round in Brisbane. Same half as Williams same quater is Clijsters.
Sammy beat Yakimova in 2005 comfortably on carpet - and she is only 5"5' so I think that's a pretty good first round match up.

Might be a good chance to get a win over Clijsters. I would hate to see the vitriol in GM in the lead up to a Sam-Serena rematch.

Old Dec 31st, 2011, 01:12 AM   #14

Here is the entire draw. Sam is clearly in the half of bloody death. Potential second round match up with Safarova is dangerous.

(1)Stosur v Yakimova
Benesova V Safarova
Ivanovic v Paszek
Halep v (5)Clijsters

(4)Williams v Scheepers
(wc)Dellacqua v Jovanovski
Q v Czink
Hantuchova v (8)Cibulkova

(6)Jankovic v Suarez Navarro
Zakopalova v Q
Voskoboeva v Q
Pervak v (3)Schiavone

(7)Pavlyuchenkova v Hercog
Q v Kanepi
(wc)Rogowska v Zahlavova Strycova
Peer v (2)Petkovic

Old Dec 31st, 2011, 01:18 AM   #15
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post

... as will finally outfoxing the tall flathitters by standing a bit further back and mixing up her shots so they can't get any rhythm against her. I can't wait for 2012. Bring it on!!!!
You are completely right, of course. Sadly I won't see her domination of Brisbane - barely one bar on a 3G connection here in northern NZ - forget about TV or wireless.

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote