The Ending Marks A New Beginning: Jelena retires and becomes a coach - STATEMENT 18/6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2014, 02:34 PM   #1
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute
The Ending Marks A New Beginning: Jelena retires and becomes a coach - STATEMENT 18/6

Coaches Gavrilova. Apparently it was known for months!

http://www.federtennis.it/DettaglioN...p?IDNews=68028

Expected. Although she could have informed her all-time fans earlier to end the false hopes of a return.

Why do you want to join tennisforum.com? Hidden/Required

"I love tennis and want to follow Jelena Dokic's journey back to the top"

This is what I wrote when I registered here 6 years ago.

And to conclude my last thread on TennisForum:

Jelena's big comeback to tennis in 2008 may not have reached the success of her early Golden days, but I think just to be able to come back was a victory itself, as she easily could have retired back then.
However she did reach a Grand Slam QF, won a WTA title and showed glimses of absolute top level from time to time, just luck was never really on her side.
To follow her career from a fan point of view was like a long journey filled with dramas, frustrations but also excitement and joy, and it was different from any other career.
I think most of her fans will have some everlasting memories, including me.

While I'm deeply saddened it's really over, I am also truly happy for her since I think working as a coach is the perfect choice for Jelena and a great transition into a new career and life! I always imagined her to be a succesful coach and maybe even open an academy in the future. Glad she's heading towards that direction.
Good luck in everything and thank you.

Last edited by DokDi : Jun 17th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.
DokDi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #2
hawkeye

hawkeye has disabled reputation
Re: The Ending Marks A New Beginning: Jelena retires and becomes a coach

I agree she could have told her fans that she had retired but the news is not a surprise bearing in mind she has been working with Tennis Australia for a while now.
Its sad that we will not see Jelena playing on the tour again but maybe in a few years she will dust off her racquet and play some senior matches.
Anyway lets wish Jelena all the best with her new career as a coach and wish Daria Gavrilova success with her tennis which will doubtless benefit from having Jelena onboard.
hawkeye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #3
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

I wonder will Jelena or TA confirm her retirement and appointment as coach?

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #4
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, she gained a lot of weight. Good luck, i guess.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #5
country flag Dokisit

Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all

Thanks for unearthing this info. I hope she has a long and successful career as a coach.
Dokisit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 01:53 AM   #6
country flag rada

rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute

We already know this doesn't mean she isn't going to play again.

Good luck Jovana Jaksic, Sabine Lisick, and flavia pennetta

Monica Seles the real number one always
Good luck to all the Aussie girls Oi Oi Oi
rada is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 06:54 AM   #7
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Todd Woodbridge said she is training for a comeback in August. I question the credibility of this non-english article.
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 08:11 AM   #8
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she plays AO 2015 as her last tournaments, for the fans
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #9
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Todd Woodbridge said she is training for a comeback in August. I question the credibility of this non-english article.
Well, if that pic is recent, she is doing everything but training.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #10
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
That's the official site of the Italian Tennis Federation. Daria is training in Terrenia (Italy) with a fitness coach (right) and her main coach (Jelena) who is appointed by TA.
The journalist attended the session and talked to them.

For sure it's more credible than a comment from Todd to a local blog some months ago.
People need to accept the reality even if it hurts...

Btw: Video of Daria's session yesterday: http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/h...17475244_n.mp4
In the end you can hear Jelena coaching 'let's go over to the left"

Last edited by DokDi : Jun 12th, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
DokDi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 12:13 AM   #11
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post
I hope she plays AO 2015 as her last tournaments, for the fans
It's kind of pointless if she isn't in any sort of playing shape. She could play an exhibition doubles match to say goodbye without having to use a wildcard that could go to a young Aussie.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 08:06 AM   #12
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertytx View Post
It's kind of pointless if she isn't in any sort of playing shape. She could play an exhibition doubles match to say goodbye without having to use a wildcard that could go to a young Aussie.
Who would lose in R1, but I get your point.
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #13
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post
Who would lose in R1, but I get your point.
Yeah, I must say it's disappointing for her to succumb to injury (or perhaps other distractions). I sense a lot of her fans want her to be out there more that she herself does, although it's important to remember it isn't the fans who have to put in the work to get in world class shape either.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2014, 11:35 PM   #14
country flag Just Do It

I think she had it in 2011, she won Kuala Lumpur and reached another WTA final in Holland on grass. After that she lost a tight match to Schiavone at Wimby, she was unfortunate with the draw. After that .... she disappeared again! If only she had a full time schedule, if only ...
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:54 AM   #15
country flag doktor

doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute

At least we finally know.

Bye Jelena.