Off-Topic - Page 46 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #676
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold
Re: Off-Topic

Vera tweeted a few hours ago:

Quote:
Hi everyone! It's my birthday and I got a lot of nice wishes from you!!! I appreciate all of them a lot! Thank u! Luv u!
Quote:
And......will I get a birthday cake today??? )))))
NoExit is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #677
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold

Normally i post Vera's tweets, but here's my two most recent tweets as of this posting for those of you who don't have twitter:

Quote:
@AnorakGrrl @MashaBeezz @RS_Faria @Daszmarelli @postaljellyfish @fsfikke @queenberen Oh yeah baby, Serena wins singles GS #15 & US Open #4!!
Quote:
@AnorakGrrl @MashaBeezz @RS_Faria @Daszmarelli @postaljellyfish @fsfikke @queenberen Woo woo woo, you know it!!

Congrats to Serena. And i certainly hope to one day soon being tweeting messages like this about/for Vera after a GS singles victory.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #678
country flag Pvt. Kovalenko

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of

^

Is really impressive what she's doing this year. Since April she's dominating the circuit.. Despite the "accident" in Roland Garros..

She could be #1, but I think she don't give a damn for it..

In other hand, my respect for Vika grow considerably, after this match.. WTA has a #1 that deserves the Top Spot..

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Sorana Cirstea / Petra Kvitova

Anastasia Myskina / Maria Sharapova / Elena Dementieva
Pvt. Kovalenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #679
country flag lizziewtafan

lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Kovalenko View Post
^

Is really impressive what she's doing this year. Since April she's dominating the circuit.. Despite the "accident" in Roland Garros..

In other hand, my respect for Vika grow considerably, after this match.. WTA has a #1 that deserves the Top Spot..
This ...and kudos to Serena of course she is too big for this sport, she has done so much....i feel like im forgetting something.... oh jeez my avatar, i need a new one
lizziewtafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #680

lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExit View Post
Here, maybe this will help you: THIS HERE POST IS TO REMIND YOU TO CHANGE YOUR AVATAR, LIZZIE!! DON'T FORGET!!
Done
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #681

Quote:
If Vera was to sit out the rest of this season, she may be able to get a wild card come the Australian Open. At any rate, whatever is best for her and/or she decides to do is fine by me, ill support her regardless.
I dont think she'll need a wild card for the Oz Open, till the end of the year she only defends finalist points in Tokyo, QF in Kremlin Cup and SF in Istanbul, so i dont think she will drop out of top 30....
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #682
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Serena is the best, no question, one of the best there will ever be. So congrats to her. Vika is the most consistant player on the tour, makes sure she wins big tournaments and collects enough points at other tournaments, no question she is the rightful number one in 2012, so congrats to her as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziewtafan View Post
I dont think she'll need a wild card for the Oz Open, till the end of the year she only defends finalist points in Tokyo, QF in Kremlin Cup and SF in Istanbul, so i dont think she will drop out of top 30....
If Vera does not play anymore this year, she will surely drop out of top 30. If she plays, she will still have to do similar to the results you mention to maintain her current position. Keeping in mind she will not play YEC and lose 400 points anyway. Vera is currently at position 19 in ranking, with 1875 points. Take the 1100 points off she has to defend the rest of the year, she will be around ranking 100. As it stands now, she will only play Beijing and Tokyo.

Valeria Savinykh

Vitalia Diatchenko - Ekaterina Makarova - Masha Kirilenko - Masha Sharapova - Alisa Kleybanova - Alexandra Panova - Ksenia Pervak - Valeria Solovyeva
Good luck to all russian players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 02:07 AM   #683
country flag NoExit

Quote:
^

I don't think Serena really cares about her ranking either. Plus everyone knows when she's on fire and at her best, like she has been throughout this summer, that Serena is the best in the world and the real #1 no matter what her ranking says.
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #684
country flag NoExit

And so Fred Perry is the last Brit to win a men's singles GS title no more. Congrats to Andy Murray on his US Open victory and finally winning a GS singles title. Andy's worked real hard and Ivan Lendl has done wonders for Andy as his coach.
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #685
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

Not a great fan of Vika, but was hoping she would win to stop that artificial carry on by the other at the end.
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #686
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
And so Fred Perry is the last Brit to win a men's singles GS title no more. Congrats to Andy Murray on his US Open victory and finally winning a GS singles title. Andy's worked real hard and Ivan Lendl has done wonders for Andy as his coach.
Absolutely. Lendl's a fantastic match up for Andy.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #687
country flag Pvt. Kovalenko

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of

I guess is the best..

https://twitter.com/Rus_tennis_news/...28439761715200

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Sorana Cirstea / Petra Kvitova

Anastasia Myskina / Maria Sharapova / Elena Dementieva
Pvt. Kovalenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #688
country flag NoExit

Quote:
Obviously at this point i don't yet know why Vera's calling it a season, but i think it'll probably be a good thing in the end. It'll kill her ranking, but she'll have plenty of time to rest, relax, recover & heal and then to train, prepare & be at her best for the 2013 season. Here's to Vera having an amazing 2013 season!!
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #689
country flag Milk_Shakespeare

Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I knew it from the start.

She only played the Olympics because it is so important to her.

I hope she can make an awesome comeback in 2013.
Milk_Shakespeare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #690
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well, after she was not on the EL for Kremlin cup, I feared a bit she would not play anymore this season. What I don't understand though is she was on the EL's for the US open series and had to pull out because of an infection, and mis the US Open. She was on EL's after the US Open, so her intention was still to play, I guess. But anyhow, like you all say, it is probably for the best. Her main goal was to go to the Olympics, and she did that, probably at any cause. She played with injuries while she should not and that may lead to her early end of the season. Long way now to the beginning of 2013 to see Vera play again. Her ranking will be crap and because she did not have a 6 month injury break, she cannot use any PR's, so she even might have to play some qualies next year. I hope despite that, she will be motivated as hell, than I can see her returning to the level we are used to from her. Still hope to hear from her soon how she feels.

Valeria Savinykh

Vitalia Diatchenko - Ekaterina Makarova - Masha Kirilenko - Masha Sharapova - Alisa Kleybanova - Alexandra Panova - Ksenia Pervak - Valeria Solovyeva
Good luck to all russian players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote