Sacha Jones now an Aussie - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #31
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all
Re: Sacha Jones now an Aussie

Sachas talented (& pretty!), welcome to Australia

Kinda feel sorry for tennis nz but!
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #32
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting quotes from Erakovic regarding this.

"To tell you the truth I was in shock and I still am in shock: it was out of the blue for me."

"I read some things in the paper but I still don't see why she's done it."

"We really do not have a Fed Cup team now. It's hard, it's hardest on all of the people that have been supporting her over the years."

"I really don't know what to say: if she thinks this is the best option for her and this will make her achieve her goals, then that's great and all the best to her, but New Zealand and Australia are in the same part of the world and I don't really see the difference there. I am really disappointed by this."

"It's always hard and especially tennis players from New Zealand because tennis isn't a priority for Sparc."

"But you know what? If you're good and talented you can find a way."

"I've done quite a lot of work and I've sort of made it and I don't want people to say one of our top players is leaving so that means you can't make it here, because that's not true."

"You can make it and this is just a real shame, really."

If Jones was good enough, she should have been able to make it.

I wish her luck, but I don't want her back. If she fails to make it now with all of the funding and coaching TA will throw at her, she simply isn't good enough.
Kind of rich considering she actually was offered coaching by Chris Lewis a couple of years ago, but turned it down so she could be coached by her brother GD Jones.

Last edited by Mana : Dec 29th, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
Mana is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #33
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Marina makes good points.

And it's all so quick: Sacha will appear as Australian in the next WTA rankings release!
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #34
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and it will be interesting to see what reception she gets when she takes to the court in Auckland
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #35
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I feel quite sorry for NZ supporters, I'd be pretty pissed if the same thing happened to us. I had no idea she was half-australian, but anyway...this feels more sad for new zealand than happy for myself as an Aussie.

I'll support her, but I already did as a Kiwi anyway...As I do with most kiwis, apart from Erakovic, can't latch on to her for some reason
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 04:26 AM   #36
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani12 View Post
Oh I feel quite sorry for NZ supporters, I'd be pretty pissed if the same thing happened to us. I had no idea she was half-australian, but anyway...this feels more sad for new zealand than happy for myself as an Aussie.

I'll support her, but I already did as a Kiwi anyway...As I do with most kiwis, apart from Erakovic, can't latch on to her for some reason
I agree with you Dani12 and feel the same way. It was always nice to see someone apart from Erakovic do well for NZ. I can't seem to warm to Erakovic either. Let's hope for the Kiwis that Westbury does well and does not depart for Thailand as someone has suggested on another forum.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #37
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

I feel sorry for the Kiwis, but I had to laugh at what one of the NZ officials said yesterday in a report about perhaps trying to charge Sacha for the $-assistance she's received in the past.

Something about New Zealand being 'a breeding ground for champions' where other countries would steal their best players. Delusional much?
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 03:17 PM   #38
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

GL this week sacha!
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 12:17 AM   #39
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

She should've done this to begin with. I don't agree with her stringing the kiwi's along for years, then ditching them simply for financial gain. She's basically admitting she's only using TA for money. I don't know what this girls character is like, but this all leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 02:59 AM   #40
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

"Instead it will be up to Jones to carry the flag in the ASB Classic singles, ironic perhaps given this is her final tournament before she swaps the classic Southern Cross for an ugly six-starred ensign."

Classy New Zealand journalism as per usual.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 03:19 AM   #41
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

^ Poor NZ.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 03:22 AM   #42
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

She lost the first set 2-6.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 03:51 AM   #43
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Competing better than the rest of our girls so far (bar Olivia and to a lesser extent Monique). Still see her having a decent shot at the top 100 and it wouldn't particularly bother me if she went back to NZ after achieving some success. I don't have a problem with peope doing what they can to get the best out of themselves if its all within the rules.

Marina makes some good points though, and she proved that it can be done without the support.

*edit* her half Aussie dad seems to have given her the choking syndrome as well.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA

Last edited by Keadz : Jan 2nd, 2012 at 04:06 AM.
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 04:38 AM   #44
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Jones v. Baltacha 2-6 6-4 3-4*

Sacha was down 1-4 in this set. This is a good effort against the world number 51.

Jarmila Groth, Anastasia Rodionova, Isabella Holland, Olivia Rogowska

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 04:48 AM   #45
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Her attitude is still negative. I thought she may have sorted this out by now.