Tamira 2012 Cheering Thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #76
country flag swim4life227

swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamira 2012 Cheering Thread

I am still getting over that first round match. After playing one of the best WTA finals I've seen in quite some time, she plays one of the best women's slam match I think I've seen since Elena v Serena @ Wimbledon 09. Insane, she's really converted me into a fan these past 2 weeks.
swim4life227 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #77
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Tamira
So proud to be your fan
Amazing win over Caro. One of my favorite matches from any player. Wimbledon magic . Just like last year against Fran

I didn't see the Cornet match today but I'm sure she played well . I love Yanina so I'm not really going to cheer for anyone, although a fully expect Mimi to win

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #78
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Also she's playing doubles with McHale and they beat Cornet/Parmentier in R1

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #79
country flag hellas719

Also I know we all want to enjoy Wimbledon now, but how ridiculous is it that Mimi can't play OG?

ITF said no to Mimi even though she played Fed Cup. Erakovic didn't play FC yet they still let her play . Same with Cetkovska and Zakopalova

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #80
country flag Eleganter

Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all

Of course, being a German I was hoping Kerber would win against Paszek in Eastbourne. But I was really impressed, how she managed to win that match after so many match points against her. She deserved to win, she was the better player that day. And now in Wimbledon against Wozniacki she was even better and I definitely became a big fan since I saw these two matches. I hope for her to go really far in this tournament.
Eleganter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #81
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Tamira into Wimbledon R3 !

Cornet is a bad player. Wickmayer will be a lot tougher. Auf geht`s

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #82
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Pavel's certainly turned something on in her. She looks like a totally new player on the court. The strokes are the same, but she is playing much more aggressively and her tactics are better. It even looks like she's being more aggressive with her first serve--it's not ever going to be 120mph, but she's placing it very well, and mixing up the location effectively.

I would like to see her be a little more aggressive on some of those loopy returns she hits with swinging volleys, taking them out of the air instead of letting them bounce, but I know this goes against natural thinking for a short player. Still, I think she could win a few more points easier by taking those shots out of the air and taking away time from her opponents.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #83
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Tamira beat Wickmayer 2-6 7-6 7-5 !

Great fight. R4 again. Now please don`t lose to Vinci

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:43 AM   #84
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravanecaravan View Post
Pavel's certainly turned something on in her. She looks like a totally new player on the court. The strokes are the same, but she is playing much more aggressively and her tactics are better. It even looks like she's being more aggressive with her first serve--it's not ever going to be 120mph, but she's placing it very well, and mixing up the location effectively.

I would like to see her be a little more aggressive on some of those loopy returns she hits with swinging volleys, taking them out of the air instead of letting them bounce, but I know this goes against natural thinking for a short player. Still, I think she could win a few more points easier by taking those shots out of the air and taking away time from her opponents.
I've seen her take a good amount of balls out of the air at this tournament, save for the last match. I think Pavel's been working with her on that a lot.

God, I hope her run doesn't end to Vinci.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM   #85
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

The Tamira Train keeps rolling on grass! She beat Vinci rather easily 6-2 6-2 today to gain the QF for the second year in a row. Well done, Mimi! I think she is playing well enough and with enough confidence that she has a decent chance of pulling an upset next round, especially since she'll get a nice rest from all the long matches.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 02:04 PM   #86
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Who'd have thought this time last month that she would have defended her QF points?
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM   #87
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

She was on fire today...lot of beautiful BHs and FHs.

I hope she at least makes it competitive against Azarenka.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM   #88
country flag rucolo

6-2 6-2 against Vinci is impressive. Tamira into Wimbledon QF !

Tamira on grass is a totally different player. Nun viel Glück vs Azarenka

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM   #89
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

So close in the second set, but a great fight and couple of weeks from Mimi.

Hopefully she can keep it going for the US Open series.
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM   #90
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Great tournament and fought very well today!