Can anyone list Kuznetsova's biggest choke jobs? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 21st, 2011, 03:10 AM   #1
country flag MechWarrior2k

MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of
Question Can anyone list Kuznetsova's biggest choke jobs?

Folks say she is a choker, a headcase, and a mental midget. We'll see if that's fact or fiction.

I'm only aware of a few of her "coming up small" moments. Her "bad Kuzzy" moments are too much to fill in a post.

Fed Cup 2011 vs Kvitova (from up 3-0 in the 3rd set to losing the last 6 games)
AO 2009 vs Serena (shriveled up the rest of the match)
USO 2009 vs Wozniacki (I'm still fuming over that one)
USO 2011 vs Wozniacki (sums up Kuzzy's career at critical moments)

Last edited by MechWarrior2k : Dec 21st, 2011 at 04:31 AM.
MechWarrior2k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2011, 03:49 AM   #2
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can anyone list Kuznetsova's biggest choke jobs?

The Serena one at the AO was pretty bad, but that's more of less the roofs fault. Probably USO in 2009 cause she probably would have made the final if she had won that match
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 04:08 AM   #3
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Kuzzy choked at all at the 2011 US Open. She was just dead tired by the end of that 2nd set. She put everything she had into the first set and a half and then wilted after that.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 04:09 AM   #4
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWarrior2k View Post
Folks say she is a choker, a headcase, and a mental midget. We'll see if that's fact or fiction.

I'm only aware of a few of her "coming up small" moments. Her "bad Kuzzy" moments are too much to fill in a post.

Fed Cup 2011 vs Kvitova (from up 3-0 in the 3rd set to losing the last 6 games)
AO 2009 vs Serena (2 MP, then shriveled up the rest of the match)
USO 2009 vs Wozniacki (I'm still fuming over that one)
USO 2011 vs Wozniacki (sums up Kuzzy's career at critical moments)
She never had match points in that match.

Other Kuzzie chokes I can think of off the top of my head:
-2004 French Open 4R, blew a match point against Myskina
-2004 China Open F, blew a championship point against Serena
-2005 French Open 4R, blew a match point against Henin
-2010 Carlsbad F, won the match, but choked away 3 MP badly in the 2nd set vs. Radwanska
-2011 Australian Open 4R, blew 6 match points against Schiavone

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 04:32 AM   #5
country flag MechWarrior2k

MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of MechWarrior2k has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetAndMatch View Post
She never had match points in that match.

Other Kuzzie chokes I can think of off the top of my head:
-2004 French Open 4R, blew a match point against Myskina
-2004 China Open F, blew a championship point against Serena
-2005 French Open 4R, blew a match point against Henin
-2010 Carlsbad F, won the match, but choked away 3 MP badly in the 2nd set vs. Radwanska
-2011 Australian Open 4R, blew 6 match points against Schiavone
Kuzzy was 2 points away from winning the AO match with Serena.

I wasn't sure whether to call that LONG AO match with Schiavone bad luck or a choke.

Last edited by MechWarrior2k : Dec 21st, 2011 at 04:57 AM.
MechWarrior2k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 05:16 AM   #6
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWarrior2k View Post
Kuzzy was 2 points away from winning the AO match with Serena.

I wasn't sure whether to call that LONG AO match with Schiavone bad luck or a choke.
2 point away, yep. Not too match points up

I like Kuzzie, so I refer to the AO match with Schiavone as a great effort where she came up short. She said herself she barely knew the score deep in the third because she was so exhausted. Six match points is a ton though, and I can't help but wonder what kind of year she would have had if she had won that one.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 05:24 AM   #7
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

AO 2011 was kind of a choke but it was such a grueling match, for the same good Schiavone had failed to convert that mp at 15-14 and Kuzzy had won
#1 Mayo Hibi - Current Player: Stéphanie Dubois (CAN) - #2 Daria Gavrilova (RUS)
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Pironkova - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Gajdosova - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 05:59 AM   #8
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest chokes?

Hmm, Wimbledon 2008 R4 against Radwanska. 4-1 final set lead.

More to come as I remember them.
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 07:19 AM   #9
country flag Yarden

Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute Yarden has a reputation beyond repute

there are so many...

• Shahar Peer • Aravane Rezai Severine Brémond •

Pennetta • Zvonareva • Bartoli • Dokic •

Lisicki • Dellacqua • Watson • Petkovic Glushko • Oudin • Malek •
Yarden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 08:10 AM   #10
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

The most painful one to watch has to be the 4th round against Caroline this year at the USO textbook self destruction.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 08:38 AM   #11
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

The worst part about the 2011 USO one was that you just KNEW she was going to choke right around that point. I've never been so sure someone up a set and 4-1 was going to lose a match in my life

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 09:33 AM   #12
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsova View Post
The worst part about the 2011 USO one was that you just KNEW she was going to choke right around that point. I've never been so sure someone up a set and 4-1 was going to lose a match in my life
Yup. I really didn't want to believe it but as soon as she missed that overhead it really was NID.

Last edited by vozas : Dec 21st, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM   #13
country flag rimon

rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light rimon is a glorious beacon of light

The 2009 AO against Serena was the biggest, IMO. I remember, even when she was up 7-5, 5-3, I knew that she would lose.

What was hilarious, though, was that Nicole Pratt was commentating, and was asked if Kuznetsova had a habit of choking, to which she replied, "I don't think so".
rimon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM   #14
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

after seeing all those chokes, she really has underachieved, should have won another major or two.
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 01:40 PM   #15
country flag vozas

I'm not sure which majors she could've won. If it weren't for Justine she'd definitely have at least a couple more FOs by now, but other than that I don't know which other slams she could've won... Maybe the 2009 AO but... nah.