Who here has Social Anxiety/Phobia or exhibit the symptms of it? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #76
country flag Number19

Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute Number19 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who here has Social Anxiety/Phobia or exhibit the symptms of it?

I'm sure I have this.
Number19 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #77
country flag KeepCalmLetItBe

KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light

I do. Its the worst thing ever cause you cant have a group of friends...
KeepCalmLetItBe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #78
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

I'm coming off my anti-depressants at the moment. I feel the time is right . I've got something to look forward to which is important. I've got a place I can perform music regularly (well, once a month anyway ), and I'm joining the tennis club soon (about time, as I've had lessons for a few years now ).

It's important to have interests like that . Take up a sport or music or something is what advice I'd give. Even if you suck at first if you keep working at it you won't suck forever .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #79
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have social anxiety - I'm fine around all sorts of people - but I probably have another form of anxiety. I have bad dreams quite often.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #80

KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light KeepCalmLetItBe is a glorious beacon of light

Yes im joining a tennis club too...
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #81
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepCalmLetItBe View Post
Excellent .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #82

well its actually kinda different, its called padel, you need 4 players to play hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB97Or6XpSE
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #83
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondtieva View Post
I'm coming off my anti-depressants at the moment. I feel the time is right . I've got something to look forward to which is important. I've got a place I can perform music regularly (well, once a month anyway ), and I'm joining the tennis club soon (about time, as I've had lessons for a few years now ).

It's important to have interests like that . Take up a sport or music or something is what advice I'd give. Even if you suck at first if you keep working at it you won't suck forever .
Me too right now actually after being on them for a bit over 6 months, though I'm going cold turkey. I just decided one day that I didn't want to take them anymore. Aren't the withdrawal symptoms a bitch though? During the first few days I seriously felt like falling over all the time from all the vertigo, dizziness and these "brain zaps" that come with the SSRI withdrawal. It's the weirdest feeling, whenever I stood up, made a sudden movement or even moved my eyes quickly I had these weird sensations of spinning or that I was about to faint even. Another one of the awful withdrawl symptoms was the insomnia, I would hardly sleep at all! =/

Beside that though, like Diamondtieva, I feel like I'm in a much better place now and I don't need to rely on them to stop me getting stuck in those awful negative thinking patterns. Now that I've been off them for about a week and a half the withdrawal symptoms are basically gone, my sleep seems much more normal and I just feel freer if that makes any sense. On the drugs I wasn't depressed but I didn't really have that many extreme highs either, rather I was sort of stuck in this mediocre middle zone. Saying that though, they definitely ARE a good tool when used in the correct circumstances and I don't regret using them at all. It's good to know there is something out there to help me if I ever get to a dark place like that again and can't seem to shake it off.

But yeah like Diamondtieva (aka Aaron) says, people with social anxiety definitely need to try and keep themselves busy and try to keep social (well as possible as you can in your specific situation). Otherwise if you don't you can start just getting much worse and it may get much harder to fix and even start causing other problems like depression, if it hasn't already. I was almost at the stage of being a hermit during my earlier University days but now after a bit of help from a psychologist, anti-depressants/anti-anxiety medication and pushing myself a little I feel much better. Though I'm not really done with my therapy yet and am nowhere near the most socially outgoing person, and probably never will be, I'm starting to get to a stage now where I can go out and do normal things like any old normal person without being left paralysed by my anxiety.

My best suggestion for you if you really want to get better would be to firstly go and see your doctor and see if they can refer you to a good psychologist. It's probably pretty scary, it took me months to make this step, but it definitely is the right one if you want to at least try and get better.

Omg essay!
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #84
Hot Messes Need Love

Cold turkey seemed too scary to me because of the withdrawals. Even coming off them slowly I got very slight withdrawal a couple of times . Last week I went from 2 a day to 1 a day, and now this week 1 every second day, until Sunday which will be my last day of taking one .

Also know what you mean about the effects. Anti-depressants don't make you happy, they keep you stabled .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #85
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #86
Shadowcat

Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's great

“If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.”
― Flavia Weedn
Shadowcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #87
Shadowcat

Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie_Dude View Post

“If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.”
― Flavia Weedn
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #88
Hot Messes Need Love

Quote:
well its actually kinda different, its called padel, you need 4 players to play hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB97Or6XpSE
That looks like a fun game . Like a cross between tennis and squash . I'd never heard of it before now .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #89

Does anyone have slight speech issues because of SA? like my mind starts racing so i talk very fast and sometimes i dont pronounce all the syllabes if it makes sense?

Instead of saying "Hey, how are you doing?" sometimes I'll say "Hey how are#@ doing?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondtieva View Post
That looks like a fun game . Like a cross between tennis and squash . I'd never heard of it before now .

its cool but i think it only exists in spain and south america
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #90
Shadowcat

^^

I does that sometimes. Like just now I blush and stutter and couldn't look at the staff nurse who I'm working with when I said goodbye to them. Such an embarrassment.

― Flavia Weedn