Ana Ivanovic ends glorious 2014 ranked WTA No.5 ! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 10:26 PM   #1
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Ana Ivanovic ends glorious 2014 ranked WTA No.5 !

Well guys I guess it is time for new thread, since the USO hard court season for 2014, is over.

There were bright moments like beating Sharapova in Cincinnati semifinals after saving multiple match points, but it ended as disappointment with Ana going too soon from US open, falling to Karolina Pliskova in R2.

Now we move to east as Ana goes to Asia to try to secure her spot at YEC Singapore.

Her schedule is:

Tokyo P470
Wuhan P5
Beijing PM
Linz Int
Moscow P470
YEC Singapore

I hope that at the end of this thread in October/November, we will be celebrating Ana's successfull season. She has to give 500% from now on! It's a final countdown!

Last edited by Gentleman : Oct 25th, 2014 at 02:54 PM.
Gentleman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 10:29 PM   #2
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Final countdown: Ana fights for YEC in Asia and Linz!

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 10:32 PM   #3
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on her draw, I want nothing less than a final in Tokyo

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 10:36 PM   #4
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

Ana currently holds 8th and last place that leads to Singapore, but Wozniacki, Jankovic and Errani are all in the mix for Singapore after making good runs in US open, with Kerber hanging on there as well.

There are rummors that Li Na will prossibly retire during some of the upcoming tournaments in Asia, so just maybe, there will be one more spot in Singapore, but we don't want Ana to rely on that.

Ana has to find her inner fighter and give it all to make it to the YEC. If it happens, it will be Ana's 3rd YEC appearance, following 2007 semifinals and 2008, when she failed to pass the group stage.
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 10:45 PM   #5
Gentleman

I have recently heard this song from Nicole Scherzinger and I think it perfectly matches Ana's 2014 season and her career overall. It will be all fine if she reaches her goal and makes it to the Singapore.

"The world spit me out and I was spinning around, lost in a free fall
Forever going down, and breakin' through the ground
When I thought I reached the end, I start to fall again

But I was taught to never surrender when it's hard to get up
Gonna fight till I can stand and say

Oh, you can turn me down, you can throw me now
The harder out, the harder I come back around
You can break my heart but you can't scratch my name
I can take the hit cause I'm a boomerang
Oh, whoa, oh whoa, oh whoa I'm a boomerang
Oh, whoa, oh whoa, oh whoa I'm a boomerang..."

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:52 PM   #6
country flag Roctennis

Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold Roctennis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
Ana currently holds 8th and last place that leads to Singapore, but Wozniacki, Jankovic and Errani are all in the mix for Singapore after making good runs in US open, with Kerber hanging on there as well.

There are rummors that Li Na will prossibly retire during some of the upcoming tournaments in Asia, so just maybe, there will be one more spot in Singapore, but we don't want Ana to rely on that.

Ana has to find her inner fighter and give it all to make it to the YEC. If it happens, it will be Ana's 3rd YEC appearance, following 2007 semifinals and 2008, when she failed to pass the group stage.

is li na really considering retiring? I feel so sad for her she is such a great player i will miss seing her matches actually!

But i really think ana will bounce back. She must. She has been doing so all year long. Hoping for a good result in tokyo. And to be honest i am weirdly confident that she will make the yec!!!!! Who's playing tokyo btw anyone know?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Roctennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 01:31 AM   #7
country flag Jizynovic

Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold Jizynovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Wow! that's such a news for me.
But of course Ana has to fight for it herself.
Though I'm a lil bit pessimistic about her chance in the WTA Finals if she somehow make it there.

Are you from Indonesia? Join us in this Facebook group.
Indonesian Tennis Fans
Jizynovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 04:38 AM   #8
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, it took long enough for this thread to be made.

We're still gonna have to wait until the end of the USO to see how's the exact situation.

The good thing we'll get rid of one of Errani or Wozniacki during the QF. But whoever ends up going the furthest in NY will be the threat during the Asian swing.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:16 AM   #9
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Oh, it took long enough for this thread to be made.

We're still gonna have to wait until the end of the USO to see how's the exact situation.

The good thing we'll get rid of one of Errani or Wozniacki during the QF. But whoever ends up going the furthest in NY will be the threat during the Asian swing.
Thanks to new Anapolis star Belinda Bencic Kerber and Jankovic both were stopped to pass her on race or rankings. There are still different options of how WTA rankings and race may look like, but it seems like Wotniacki/Errani winner remains the only real threat.

All in all, Ana really had so much luck as it seems like her early elimination at USO will not be punished too hard.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:18 AM   #10
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roctennis View Post
is li na really considering retiring? I feel so sad for her she is such a great player i will miss seing her matches actually!

But i really think ana will bounce back. She must. She has been doing so all year long. Hoping for a good result in tokyo. And to be honest i am weirdly confident that she will make the yec!!!!! Who's playing tokyo btw anyone know?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizynovic View Post
Wow! that's such a news for me.
But of course Ana has to fight for it herself.
Though I'm a lil bit pessimistic about her chance in the WTA Finals if she somehow make it there.
Well it was not official statement, it was a speculation of some commentator who apparently "heard" that Li is probably going to retire at some of the Asian tournaments. Nothing is official yet.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:26 AM   #11
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever happened to the previous thread?
Quote:

Even if Li Na doesn't retire she would still need to win some points in Asia to get to Singapore. She's ahead in the Race by 400 points and this gap can be already closed significantly in Tokyo.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 07:57 AM   #12
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks to new Anapolis star Belinda Bencic Kerber and Jankovic both were stopped to pass her on race or rankings. There are still different options of how WTA rankings and race may look like, but it seems like Wotniacki/Errani winner remains the only real threat.

All in all, Ana really had so much luck as it seems like her early elimination at USO will not be punished too hard.
So happy and proud of Belle.

Anapolis should honor her after this fortnight.

As for the situation in the rankings.. If Errani or Wozniacki reach the USO final, they will pass Ana. But only one will be able to do it since they're playing each other in the QF.

As for the race, Errani will pass Ana if she makes the final. Wozniacki will pass Ana if she wins the title.

I'm so rooting for the winner of Bencic/Peng to make the final. I know this the least of the probabilities who cares. Who would've thought that Sara or Karolina could make another major final? Yet here we are.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 12:06 PM   #13
Gentleman

The best possible final for race situation (and Stacey's career) is Serena def Peng.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 12:21 PM   #14
Gentleman

Okay, first upcoming tournament is P470 in Tokyo. Starts on Monday, Sep. 15th.

As of right now, Ana should be 2nd seed there. Should Wozniacki or Errani reach the final at US open, Ana will be 3rd seed behind Kerber and Caro/Sara. Other players who participate are Jankovic, Azarenka, Cibulkova, Safarova... So it a pretty good field.

The most important thing is that Ana is probably going to be among top 4 seeds which provides her 1st round bye. In order to gain points there, she must reach semifinals, which means that she will have to win 2 matches.

Kerber defends final and Kvitova title (but does not play this year), Wozniacki defends semifinals, so it's a good thing for ranking situation. Ana defends nothing, as Tokyo is not among her countable results.
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 12:25 PM   #15
country flag Panther24

Quote:
Okay, first upcoming tournament is P470 in Tokyo. Starts on Monday, Sep. 15th.

As of right now, Ana should be 2nd seed there. Should Wozniacki or Errani reach the final at US open, Ana will be 3rd seed behind Kerber and Caro/Sara. Other players who participate are Jankovic, Azarenka, Cibulkova, Safarova... So it a pretty good field.

The most important thing is that Ana is probably going to be among top 4 seeds which provides her 1st round bye. In order to gain points there, she must reach semifinals, which means that she will have to win 2 matches.

Kerber defends final and Kvitova title (but does not play this year), Wozniacki defends semifinals, so it's a good thing for ranking situation. Ana defends nothing, as Tokyo is not among her countable results.
All of them DO NOT defend those points at this year's Tokyo event.

They will defend those P5 points during the week of Wuhan. Meaning, everyone will gain new points in Tokyo as a new "Premier" tournament.