Carol Plakk - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 03:03 PM   #1
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Carol Plakk

Time for the thread
Carol is a very promising Junior IMO At 12 years old, she is achieving some great things in 12U and 14U on the Tennis Europe Junior Tour Just this week she is into her 1st 14U SF She only turned 12 on February 28 This tournament she beat a girl ranked #195 6-2 6-4 and plays against the #100 today (14U rankings). Carol, since her birthday, has improved massively and has won 2 12U tournaments, made the Final of another and has made a QF to add to this weeks SF in the 14s

Anett Kontaveit won this tournament in 2008 when she was a few months older than Carol. Look where she is now

She seems to be Estonia's next biggest prospect so I thought I would start early Hopefully she can win today and maybe take out the tournament and get herself a nice ranking

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 02:59 PM   #2
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Carol Plakk

Carol won her SF vs the #100 in 14U (who is 14) 6-0 6-3 She was the top seed
In the Final she will face the #2 seed from Belarus who has been doing very well but so has Carol
She seems to do well on all surfaces which is also a good sign

Meelis, out of curiosity how does she play because she is so small and skinny (she looks like an 8 year old) but she must be able to play relatively aggressively It would be great if she could win That would do wonders for her ranking

Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 04:39 PM   #3
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Runs down every ball and fights till the end. Pretty smart too.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 11:17 PM   #4
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Runs down every ball and fights till the end. Pretty smart too.
Good signs for the future

Old Jul 4th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #5
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Carol won 6-4 7-6(1)
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 10:12 AM   #6
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Carol won 6-4 7-6(1)
I was just about to post
What an amazing tournament She also made SFs of Doubles with Tseklistova/Chekhlistova
She seems to be improving at a rapid pace and to beat 2 girls who are highly ranked, older and in good form is really amazing for a 12 Year Old She didn't drop a set all week

For some reason she hasn't appeared on the rankings yet (she made a QF of a 14s so I thought she should have) But I think she will after she gets these 60 Points and whatever points she gets for Doubles. She must be one of the best 2002 in Europe

Nice to have a nice young-gun to cheer for, even if she is so young. She's also really cute

BTW Meelis, where did you see her play?

Old Jul 4th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #7
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #8
country flag chingching

She must run and defend really well because that other girl is so much bigger

Old Jul 4th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #9
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Their height difference is huuuge. One is a young lady, the other just a kid yet. If she beats these girls already now, what can she possibly achieve in the future?
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #10
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopping on a bandwagon
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 10:20 PM   #11
country flag chingching

Now we have a support team

Old Jul 11th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #12
country flag chingching

Meelis do 2002 Girls not get 14U Rankings? If they can why does Carol not have one

EDIT: I see now that she gets "Starting points" because of ITF Rules So she will keep getting "Starting Points" which she can use from next year and then she gets real points when she turns 13

Last edited by chingching : Jul 11th, 2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 09:53 AM   #13
country flag chingching

Carol played in the 12U Nations Challenge for Estonia in Latvia last week and had some mixed results She won her 1st match vs a Belarussian quite easily 6-2 6-3, however Marta Kostyuk from Ukraine beat her 6-0 6-2 After that she didn't play any more Singles so maybe she was injured? Anyway, Kostyuk seems to be a good player so hopefully she just had a bad day She also played 4 Doubles matches, in which she won the 3 with Sofia Chekhlystova and lost the match with Lissi Kubre I was disappointed not to se eher play the 16U tournament in Viljandi because she seems to play well against older girls but hopefully she will play some other events soon

Old Aug 10th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #14
country flag chingching

Carol is playing the 12U National Championships and is of course Top Seed In R32, she received a BYE. In R16, she beat Annette 6-1 6-1 and in the QFs she beat Kadri Kalamäe 6-1 6-2 She will probably play Lissi Kubre in the SF and then Sofiya Chekhlystova in the Final She is also Top Seeded in Doubles with Sofiya In a way I would rather she have entered 16U and won a round against some weak players but I understand why she would rather just play 12U and 14U. It just seems she is so above it, especially given she won an International 14U event. Although she did do badly in Latvia. Hopefully she wins both events

Old Aug 12th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #15
country flag chingching

Carol is through to the Final of the 12U girls Singles and Doubles She will play Sofiya in the Final. Sofiya also seems to be further into puberty than Carol which is another good sign
Carol is playing Mixed Doubles with Alexander Mändma in the 14s, Doubles again with Sofiya and in the Singles she has a good draw to make the SFs against Hella Linda Sepman or Sofiya Maileen in the Final would be a good test