Blowing her Trumpet: Pippa Horn's Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM   #1
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Blowing her Trumpet: Pippa Horn's Thread

Thread for 14 year old Pippa Horn, who has certainly not blown it in the last three weeks, winning two consecutive ITF junior events, first on the grey green dirt of the Athens of the North, then on the green green artificial grass of the Emerald Isle.

Last edited by Embittered : Aug 13th, 2010 at 06:09 PM.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 10:33 PM   #2
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Re: Cor Anglais: the Pippa Horn Thread

Pippa I believe she's playing another grade 5 event in Ireland next week. Hopefully she can ride this wave of success to another title.

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #3
country flag Embittered

Pippa lost the Rushbrooke G5 final to a younger opponent. Perhaps she's tired. It'll be interesting to see how she does at the junior nationals.

I have to highlight her harmonious round 2 pairing: Basso Basset - Horn. While she was arguably outmatched in the musical instrument sense, the tennis was another matter with Pippa winning 1 and 0.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #4
country flag Embittered

Astonishingly, Pippa has reached the semis of the 18s at the junior nationals: http://www.lta.org.uk/Articles/AEGON...sday---110810/

Quote:
"I'm really happy, I probably played my best tennis yesterday. Today I just got the ball in. It's great, I've got nothing to lose here, there's no pressure. I didn't really expect to win my first round match so I'm just really pleased and i've got a lot of confidence now."
She shocked number 2 seed Lucy Brown in R1, the draw opened up for her, and she needed no second invitation. Likely to be Jess Ren in the semis so things may start getting a little tricky again. Is that Pippa in the yellow in the vid? I'm pretty sure Chloe Murphy has a SHBH, so I'm thinking she's the girl in red.

Here is an older vid that definitely has Pippa in it (amongst other things).

p.s. Yes it is Jess in the semi.

Last edited by Embittered : Aug 11th, 2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 03:09 AM   #5
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Well Pippa has continued her fantastic run with a 60 57 62 win over Jess Ren. She faces the older Ren, Jennifer, in the final. I'd say she's in with a great shot although the slight underdog.

I must say it's wierd seeing Jess Ren losing to a Brit born in 1995. I mean, she used to absolutely dominate all the girls her age, not only in Britain, but all over the world.

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #6
country flag Embittered

Occasional updates on the final here: http://www.lta.org.uk/Articles/AEGON...down---120810/

I have to say, I didn't share *hingis_forever*'s opinion that Pippa had a shot, I thought Jenny would win easily, but I was wrong: Pippa leads 6-3 2-3 as of the last update.

Here's yesterday's post match interview by the LTA: http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2tzY9NbfOM

Pippa doesn't seem to have quite the natural charm of a Laura or Eleanor, but it's what she does on court that matters, I guess!
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #7
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Pippa leads 6-3 2-3 as of the last update.
Pippa leads 6-3 4-6 3-2 at the 12.37pm update.
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #8
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Pippa won 6-3, 4-6, 6-2. Congratulations, Pippa!
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #9
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow what a talent! I cant believe it

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #10
country flag coyets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Pippa doesn't seem to have quite the natural charm of a Laura or Eleanor, but it's what she does on court that matters, I guess!
Pippa came across pretty well in the interviews though, especially in the one after the final, and she will have plenty of opportunity of practice, but, as you say, the performance on court is much more important!
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #11
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyets View Post
Pippa came across pretty well in the interviews though, especially in the one after the final, and she will have plenty of opportunity of practice, but, as you say, the performance on court is much more important!
I can't imagine what I was thinking when I decided to share that opinion with the world. Apologies to Pippa.
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #12
country flag Embittered

Re: Blowing her Trumpet: Pippa Horn's Thread

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Spor...nior-Slams.htm
Quote:
She is currently ranked 366, but is confident she can improve following last week's success. I've still got the climb the rankings a bit. "My aim is to make it to Wimbledon but Australian Open qualifying could be a possibility. It depends how I do in the other tournaments."
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #13
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, love the optimism, even if its slightly unrealistic Wimbledon juniors will be definite if she stays healthy since a WC has to be more or less guaranteed.

What is it about mums called Judy coaching their kids to success? I think thats the trick to Britain producing champions, just rename all tennis mums to Judy

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #14
country flag Embittered

Something by Katy Dunne from a few weeks ago which explains Pippa's absence at Osaka.
Quote:
First day of practice and were all gagging to have a run about after the journey. Half an hour in and disaster strikes....Pippa (my doubles partner) fell on a ball about 8 metres behind the baseline and couldn't get up as her ankle had swollen to the size of a tennis ball...so off to the hospital she went (she managed to find herself there the last three trips!!) Myself, Fran Stephenson and Lucy Brown finished our practice and went back to the hotel for a shower where we found Pippa on crutches with a cast on her leg...bang goes my doubles partner.
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #15
country flag Embittered

From BBC Norfolk: Pippa Horn puts US Open on targets list