Showtime Drama: "Homeland" - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #181
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Showtime Drama: "Homeland"

I don't like Dana's character.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #182
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone bothered by Dana's character?
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #183
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with the Dana gone group. I liked her up until she and her boyfriend killed the woman with their car last season. After that she turned into an annoying wreck. This season she is just so selfish, my eyes roll whenever the scenes go to that family now. I mean Jessica and the son have no story lines...they consisted of Dana, so hopefully no more Brodys now...

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #184
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute

This season sucks.

Don't be too hopeful that Dana is gone for good. No doubt they will find a means of bringing her back to annoy us until the end of the season.

At this point I just want Saul to grab a rapier, leap on the table and roar "MY NAME IS SAUL BERENSON, YOU KILLED MY SPIES, PREPARE TO DIE."

Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #185
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward. View Post
This season sucks.

Don't be too hopeful that Dana is gone for good. No doubt they will find a means of bringing her back to annoy us until the end of the season.
She's signed on as a star, so she gets paid for every episode whether she's in it or not. The show wouldn't sign her as a star, if she was only going to be in a few episodes. They would have signed her as recurring otherwise. I assume her topless selfie will play a part later this season

She's also signed on for Season 4
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #186
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how I feel about the pregnancy storyline
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #187
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
I don't like Dana's character.
I think they've spent too much time on the character, and that teenagers are generally irritating, but don't understand the level of vitriol thrown at the character. This is typical of dramas though - any time there are female characters filling up the screen with feelings rather than action, people hate on them. See Skylar White, Carmela Soprano, or even Crazy Carrie for other examples of this. People would probably hate it if we suddenly had to spend a lot of time with Chris Brody, too, so I don't think this is strictly a matter of sexism. Sexism just increases the level of hate and peppers the language people use when discussing it with more hateful words. This thread has been pretty tame, but elsewhere on the Internet... yikes.

Anyway, the pregnancy storyline is dumb. Carrie just spent a month or weeks hopped up on lithium. Please let this storyline die completely, Showtime, and I will pretend we never saw that drawer of pregnancy tests.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #188
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

American shows rely too much on character and aren't as story driven as their UK counterparts. They should have killed Brody and said goodbye to his entire family and started some new fresh story arcs. Really shaping up to be a lame season, definitely a let down so far.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 03:05 AM   #189
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
American shows rely too much on character and aren't as story driven as their UK counterparts. They should have killed Brody and said goodbye to his entire family and started some new fresh story arcs. Really shaping up to be a lame season, definitely a let down so far.
I agree with this.

At least The Good Wife is still going strong.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #190

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Showtime network execs are notorious for mixing with creative, hence why certain characters seem unkillable (Brody, Dexter), and others run for way too long (Dexter, Weeds, Nurse Jackie). Some networks are better than others.
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #191
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When it comes to dramas, you are right. And as someone who appreciates a good character development more than a good story development I usually tend to watch shows with interesting characters. A good story with no focus on characters doesn't equal a good drama, IMO. Characters are essential for dramas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo View Post
I agree with this.

At least The Good Wife is still going strong.
TGW is all characters. We've grown to know how Alicia thinks and feels in any given moment. Dianne's, Will's and Kalinda's characters have been developed really well, too. That's why the show managed to stay strong during season 4 its weakest period.
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #192

I think Kalinda has actually been developed very poorly. The main thing we know about her past involves the dumbest plot line the show has ever done. The actress is so stunning and charismatic that they get away with it.

Anyway, Homeland: at the risk of being a total hypocrite after defending the Emo Dana story lines, could we please just not with Emo Quinn? It makes sense, and they've actually been building towards it since the first episode of this season, but still. I see no good coming of an Emo Quinn plot.
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #193
WowWow
mhmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
I think Kalinda has actually been developed very poorly. The main thing we know about her past involves the dumbest plot line the show has ever done. The actress is so stunning and charismatic that they get away with it.

Anyway, Homeland: at the risk of being a total hypocrite after defending the Emo Dana story lines, could we please just not with Emo Quinn? It makes sense, and they've actually been building towards it since the first episode of this season, but still. I see no good coming of an Emo Quinn plot.
Shh, it never happened.

She's supposed to be mysterious. Bringing up her past only takes away from the whole mystery persona as we have witnessed.

But, yeah...Homeland.
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #194
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe Brody has only been in one (terrible) episode so far

Episodes 4/5 were pretty good, I liked the twist, but I feel it's going back off the rails again.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #195

Brody really ought toe be written out at this point. I understand that the actor who plays him is excellent, but the character has outlived his usefulness. We already did the whole "did Brody do it or not?" storyline.

This is the Saul/Carrie show. Having Carrie hopelessly limp after Brody all doe-eyed is dumb and a great disservice to what is otherwise a very good character.