Showtime Drama: "Homeland" - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #151
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Showtime Drama: "Homeland"

Great, another season of annoying psychotic Carrie.
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 05:41 AM   #152
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

It's almost as if Carrie being mentally ill is essential to her character... Sarcasm aside, I don't understand this complaint about the show. I saw it on twitter earlier, and had to resist the urge to sarcastically tweet people I don't know. Carrie is bipolar, which is a mental illness that does not just go away. Danes portrayal of this is pretty awesome. Unless she has a brain transplant, this will not change. If you hate seeing this, then you hate Homeland - Carrie has been mentally ill for the entire series. I understand that some want to see a Brody terrorism spin-off, and that's fine - as previously noted, I want a Quinn black-ops spin-off. However, neither of these shows would be Homeland.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #153
country flag JJ all the way

JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute

no but in the beginning of season 1 carrie was not this batshit crazy......
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #154

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

In what, the first ten minutes of the show? Carrie's mental illness was established by the second episode of the series. Her belief that she needs to be off her meds in order to be her best CIA-work-doing self is integral to her character, and her character is the heart of the show. If you can't stand watching Crazy Carrie, then you simply don't like Homeland. This is fine - I wholeheartedly support us not all liking the same stuff. Vive la différence. But complaining that Carrie is being crazy on homeland again is like complaining that TBBT would be better if Sheldon weren't quirky or that How I Met Your Mother would really benefit from Ted being less of a douche.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #155
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute

Completely agree with Crazy Canuck. Its pretty repetitive now as in weve seen it before but it certainly is integral to her character. My problem is the amount of Dana airtime relative to everything else. I actually appreciate we still get to follow Brody's family, always have enjoyed their subplots for the most part but watching her snapchat her new BF just isnt ideal.

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #156
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

My main qualm is that it's often tough to watch Danes overact.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #157
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4058773/
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #158
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

I like it thus far, but I do think it not as good as the past 2 seasons...yet.

And I want Quinn/Carrie to happen.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCPsU View Post
Completely agree with Crazy Canuck. Its pretty repetitive now as in weve seen it before but it certainly is integral to her character. My problem is the amount of Dana airtime relative to everything else. I actually appreciate we still get to follow Brody's family, always have enjoyed their subplots for the most part but watching her snapchat her new BF just isnt ideal.
Agreed. The Dana stuff is important, but doesn't need to be 40% of the episode. I suppose that is all a lot of people mean when they complain about it.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #160
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Must say the Dana stuff was the most interesting bit of the last episode for me, and I normally hate all her crap.

Really hoping Carrie/Quinn doesn't happen That actor playing Quinn always rubs me up the wrong way dunno why.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #161
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Agreed. The Dana stuff is important, but doesn't need to be 40% of the episode. I suppose that is all a lot of people mean when they complain about it.
Exactly. I don't mind character development but how does the Dana crap really advance the plot? And why must we see so much of her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
Must say the Dana stuff was the most interesting bit of the last episode for me, and I normally hate all her crap.

Really hoping Carrie/Quinn doesn't happen That actor playing Quinn always rubs me up the wrong way dunno why.
I like Quinn; it's Brody who irritates me.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #162
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Teenagers are almost always the absolute worst, but the scenes with Brodie's family have a place on the show. Personally, I would rather see what his decisions have done to his family than have them completely written out of the show. A show that cares more about action than it's characters would write them out, but this is not that kind of show. They aren't my favorite scenes either, if I'm honest.
I don't mind watching the family but it's over the top imo.

Whatever happened to Brody?

I don't mind the way Carrie's character is developing though; it's realistic the way she thinks she does her work better without... I don't mind this show's portrayal of mental illness.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #163
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Homeland is just repeating recycled story lines from season 1 and 2. And who the F cares about Brody's family??? This is not the near perfect show from season 1. This season is a bit of a mess, still love it though.
TZVETI83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #164
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Carrie's illness should be written out of the show, Claire Danes' cry face makes my LIFE. I think the Dana stuff needed to get out in the first couple episodes, doubt it'll be a main arc throughout the entire season (hopefully still there, but not central).

I personally hate Quinn; his acting seems stiff, and he's just an excuse to have a decent looking man in front of the camera.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #165
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

I personally hate Quinn; his acting seems stiff, and he's just an excuse to have a decent looking man in front of the camera.
And if they wanted that they could have gotten a hotter guy, he's kinda gaunt looking to me in a "one step away from meth looking" way.