Brisbane 2012: CANCELLED! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 26th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #91
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Brisbane 2012: CANCELLED!

IMHO she does need matches, but hm, I have an impression that she is not planning to rush her career...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 26th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #92
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
@TennisReporters Matt Cronin
Here's what I know about Sharapova: Ankle should be fine but she's mad she can't play Bris. My educated guess is she tweaked it in practice
1 hour ago
Qetusi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #93
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Great now Cronin is hinting that she's still carrying the injury.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #94
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

She's gonna play at the Aussie Open I think that's for sure . Maybe she was afraid that she would re injure her ankle in Brisbane and she was going to lose on the 2nd or QF round anyway so what the hell. See her in Melbourne .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #95
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

There is a side of the story that Maria's been hiding from us. This is obviously turning into another freak injury and we know it.

How an ankle can be screwed up for that long is beyond me, I remember when she injured her ankle in Miami, the pain went away 2 days after

Then again, all injuries are different, but if she does skip the AO, I would be really worried

Please Masha, get well soon
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #96
country flag Pvt. Kovalenko

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetusi View Post
Quote:
@TennisReporters Matt Cronin
Here's what I know about Sharapova: Ankle should be fine but she's mad she can't play Bris. My educated guess is she tweaked it in practice
1 hour ago
There is a possibility of someone from her Staff, have underestimated the severity of the injury??

There's a smell of incompetence in the air..
Pvt. Kovalenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #97
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Maria, inform us what exactly is going on since we are all going CRAZY.
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #98
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

We have not seen a new photo of Maria since december 10?
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #99
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

how would cronin know what he knows?
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #100

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
how would cronin know what he knows?
I don't think he knows something

Quote:
@TennisReporters Matt Cronin: My educated guess is she tweaked it in practice
He guess??
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #101
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt. Kovalenko View Post
I don't think he knows something

He guess??
^ this.. how can a reporter say "I guess"? Everyone could "guess"...
Then I guess this: if she really is mad (as it's written above) then maybe she would have played Brisbane like she played YEC, but somehow her staff/coach stopped her from doing that because of precaution... ?

Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #102
country flag MM_1257

Guessing is bad for the heart . He loves to guess with Masha, I do not think he likes her a lot. Anyway let's wait for her to tell us something or simply wait to see her on court.
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #103
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Its karma for golovin
atominside is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #104

At least, was a "Educated guess"...
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #105
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Hobart chance to lure Russian Maria by: Adam Smith From: The Mercury December 28, 2011 9:05AM Increase Text SizeDecrease Text

RUSSIAN glamour girl Maria Sharapova could make a shock appearance at the Moorilla Hobart International next month.
The three-time Grand Slam champion withdrew from the Brisbane International which kicks off this Sunday on Christmas Eve due to an ankle injury but with the Hobart main draw not starting until January 8, the extra week could prove the sealer.

Tournament director Mark Handley told the Mercury yesterday he has spoken to Sharapova's management team about the possibility of her joining the 2012 field.

Australians Casey Dellacqua and rising star Ashleigh Barty have been handed two of the four Hobart wildcards, and Handley will now hold on to another for as long as possible while the lure of landing Sharapova remains.

Handley also revealed he is still in contact with Venus Williams, but is less optimistic about securing the American compared to Sharapova.

Williams has not played an official match since her first-round victory at the US Open after being diagnosed with
Sjogren's syndrome, and pulled out of the ASB Classic in Auckland, putting her Australian Open campaign in doubt.

Sharapova first hurt her left ankle at the Pan Pacific Championships in Tokyo in September, and was forced to withdraw from the China Open and later the WTA Championships in Istanbul following two losses.

Although the 24-year-old traditionally does not play any Australian-based lead-up tournaments before the first Grand Slam of the season, a lack of decent match practice may see her play in Hobart.

The only other tournament available before the Open, which starts on January 16, is the Sydney International where Sharapova is the only top 10 player not participating.

``We are not expecting to hear anything until really late, there will be no early answer either way unfortunately,'' Handley said. ``Nominations for the qualifying draw are open until lunchtime on the fifth, so she has pretty much until then to make her mind up.

``At the moment though we are holding one [a wildcard] for her just in case.

``If we could get her it would be massive, a huge boost for the tournament.''

In total, 15 of the top 50 female players have entered the Hobart International, headlined by former world No.12 Yanina Wickmayer.

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote