Brisbane 2012: CANCELLED! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 24th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #61
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of
Re: Brisbane 2012: CANCELLED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
To hell with Brissy and AO if her ankle is badly re-injured. She needs to recover fully, first and foremost.
Maria did not say anything about re-injury. And had confirmed the ankle is 100% OK few weeks ago. And on December 19th was getting ready for Australia..
So the facts lead to other conclusions...
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #62
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
Maria did not say anything about re-injury. And had confirmed the ankle is 100% OK few weeks ago. And on December 19th was getting ready for Australia..
So the facts lead to other conclusions...
Well I'm concluding that she re-injured her ankle from all the info you mentioned there, because judging from all that she was ready to play Brisbane but obviously something must have interfered recently. I'm not sure what a different reason could be.

Perhaps something with her new fitness coach with the Japanse name I don't remember, had a regime planned out for Maria that took longer than planned to get used to and that lead to lack of match practice and she indeed just withdrew from Brissy to practice more. I don't know, I'm just grasping at straws/brainstorming here.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #63
country flag BuckJaysRock

BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light BuckJaysRock is a glorious beacon of light

hopefully she gets better for the aussie open
BuckJaysRock is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #64
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

It would be nice if Maria could have just one year where she was injury free.
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #65
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she hasn't re-injured her ankle and just withdrew out of precaution. Hopefully she'll be ready for AO, but really just hope the ankle heals fully before she tries to come back.
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #66
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane 2012: GOAT serving Pova ready to batter through the field and win the ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
Serena didn't play an AO warm-up in 2005 too. The Kvitova/Sharapova 'corssed' fate is real and happening as we speak!
so maria is gonna come back from a set and a break down and save those match points in the similar fashion serena did in 05 semi and pull it out together in a semi against petra?

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #67
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Sharapova @FB
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, I had to pull out of the Brisbane tournament yesterday.
My ankle only recently started feeling good and therefore I want to make sure I'm fully ready for the coming year by not rushing into things too fast.
On the other hand, its Christmas Eve and you know how much I love to play Santa! Still have a few presents to wrap. Got a bit carried away at the Grand Bazaar in Turkey a week ago, so many beautiful things!
Wishing everyone a wonderful Holiday!
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM   #68
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, that's a iittle more reassuring

I still think she should enter Sydney and get atleast a couple of matches under her belt heading into the AO ... but I won't hold my breath.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #69
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, I had to pull out of the Brisbane tournament yesterday.
My ankle only recently started feeling good and therefore I want to make sure I'm fully ready for the coming year by not rushing into things too fast. On the other hand, its Christmas Eve and you know how much I love to play Santa! Still have a few presents to wrap. Got a bit carried away at the Grand Bazaar in Turkey a week ago, so many beautiful things!
Wishing everyone a wonderful Holiday!

from her Facebook
i just posted that before you
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #70
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
i just posted that before you
Sorry , didn't see it
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #71
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Umpf so thankful for that update.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #72
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gutted about this!
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #73
country flag s teddy

s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold

Good to know it's just precautionary. Now she'd better use that extra week to practice hard and get ready to snatch some wigs win that title at the Australian Open.

Last edited by s teddy : Dec 25th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
s teddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #74
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

This really sucks

Get well soon Masha.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #75
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God. I was wondering there for a while if she was to play the AO . Hopefully she'll take a WC into Sydney.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote