Allez Aravane 2012! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 8th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #1
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute
Allez Aravane 2012!

May as well get 2012 started off on the right foot. Aravane shut down 2011 early after suffering from a virus in Tokyo, but according to reports she's been working hard with her coach and fitness trainer in the U.S. preparing for the new season.

Allez Aravane! May 2012 bring much success, fame and good fortune to you!

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #2
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allez Aravane 2012!

nice to know that she's training hard to make a nice comeback

go aravane in 2012!

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #3
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have any idea where she starts playing in 2012?

best of luck to her next season!
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #4
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Qualifying in Auckland, I believe.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

Old Dec 12th, 2011, 05:20 AM   #5
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:58 PM   #6
country flag David 11

David 11 is an unknown quantity at this point

FFT announced that Aravane Rezaï and Jeremy Chardy are granted a wild-card for the Australian Open. twitter
David 11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM   #7
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy for her!

Putintseva Krunic Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova

Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 09:10 PM   #8
country flag Bероника

good news
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:12 PM   #9
The Aravane Caravan

Outstanding news!

Allez Aravane!!!!

Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 06:34 AM   #10
country flag anika mahajan

anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light anika mahajan is a glorious beacon of light

Wao very nice to hear that
I wish to see her 1st round in Australian open, SHe has no points to defend
She will be top 50 in march i believe
anika mahajan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #11
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Aravane is in Auckland. It was raining so she practiced today on the indoor courts on Merton Road. She was hitting with Elena Bogdan about 1 hr ago, and was comprehensively outhitting her off the ground. However, Elena served better than her, and Aravane's return was also a bit iffy. But once the rally started Aravane was totally in charge.

Aravane herself seemed sweet. However, I have a question to ask, particularly of posters such as Aravanecaravan, who have taken pictures and or videos of Aravane before. I had a video camera with me, and during Aravane's practice a tallish, tan and reasonably slim man from her camp (not the coach, who was standing near Aravane on the other side of the court) came up to me and told me not to post footage of Aravane anywhere. Has anyone else experienced something like this with a player? Note that it wasn't Aravane who had any problem with me taking footage. Also, no one else I watched today had any problem with it. I think it's normal for a tennis player to be videoed when practicing. They weren't doing anything secret, just hitting.

Probably this is part of her complicated situation at the moment which is unfortunately affecting her tennis.

Anyway. It was pretty clear why Aravane has had some wonderful results in the past. She was hitting way harder than anyone else on the court, including Magdalena Rybarikova and the Pliskova sisters. Best of luck to her in the tournament.

Last edited by HowardH : Dec 30th, 2011 at 04:12 AM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #12
country flag David 11

David 11 is an unknown quantity at this point

ASB Classic

Aravane Rezai vs Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA)

Lertcheewakarn is a counterpuncher with her two-handed backhand and forehand. She is intelligent on court and has a good strategy. Her game is lacking powerful strokes, but based on precise groundstrokes. Her main weakness is considered to be her serve, lacking of power, consistency and stability.

Lertcheewakarn has inspiration by Tamarine Tanasugarn, Monica Seles, Marion Bartoli, and Williams sisters.(WP)

Samantha Stosur vs Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Osaka 2011

Qualifying for the ASB Classic starts on Saturday 31 December and runs for three days, finishing on the first day of the tournament, Monday 2 January. Qualifying will be held at the ASB Tennis Arena on Stanley Street and entry costs $5 (cash only) per day for the Saturday and Sunday.

2012 Qualifying Singles Draw

Last edited by David 11 : Dec 30th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
David 11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #13
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

tough first round against noppawan. She's the type of player Aravane doesnt like to play

good match there though Go Aravane!

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #14
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

this first round really sucks, i would have loved to see them both qualify but of course im hoping for aravane more
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #15
The Aravane Caravan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Aravane is in Auckland. It was raining so she practiced today on the indoor courts on Merton Road. She was hitting with Elena Bogdan about 1 hr ago, and was comprehensively outhitting her off the ground. However, Elena served better than her, and Aravane's return was also a bit iffy. But once the rally started Aravane was totally in charge.

Aravane herself seemed sweet. However, I have a question to ask, particularly of posters such as Aravanecaravan, who have taken pictures and or videos of Aravane before. I had a video camera with me, and during Aravane's practice a tallish, tan and reasonably slim man from her camp (not the coach, who was standing near Aravane on the other side of the court) came up to me and told me not to post footage of Aravane anywhere. Has anyone else experienced something like this with a player? Note that it wasn't Aravane who had any problem with me taking footage. Also, no one else I watched today had any problem with it. I think it's normal for a tennis player to be videoed when practicing. They weren't doing anything secret, just hitting.

Probably this is part of her complicated situation at the moment which is unfortunately affecting her tennis.

Anyway. It was pretty clear why Aravane has had some wonderful results in the past. She was hitting way harder than anyone else on the court, including Magdalena Rybarikova and the Pliskova sisters. Best of luck to her in the tournament.
That's interesting, Howard. I really don't know what to say in response. I've never been cautioned or asked not to take photos or videos of her before, or of any other player, so maybe it's a new policy from someone in her camp. Certainly, I would respect her wishes if that is the case and if it is coming from someone in charge. From your description it doesn't sound like her father.

By the way, thank you so much for your report!