Venus' 2012 Calendar - African Tour! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 9th, 2011, 03:03 AM   #31
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venus' 2012 Calendar - Auckland, AO,...., Kuala Lumpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneru View Post
I think she would go to Dubai because of the past success and the fact that due to injury she didn't get the opportunity to go for her 3-peat. I think the toughness of the field runs a distant third in Venus' decision making to past success and the interest that any particular city may hold for her.

Oh, thanks. Very sad the USA is in this position, but goes to show that V&S are vital to our chances. I think the best bet for the future is Madison Keys whom just isn't quite ready yet.

ITA! Miami & Wimbledon is perfect prep. They know each other so well that they really don't need much prep to click.

I am more concerned if Venus is considering Mixed Doubles? I would love to see Veebob maybe prep in Australia and the French. Only those because I can't see Venus playing S,D,M at a Slam. And still miffed at Bob for not just waiting 'til the next day to play that Wimbledon Final.

I am too interested to see VeeJo in Barbados just to see how they mesh. BTW, is ESPN showing it live or tape delay? also, will it be on one of the Big 3 in the US(ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic)?
Yes, of course. When she loves a tournament, she seems to always go back...Memphis and Acapulco are the most recent that spring to mind.

Well they did make 2 finals without the Williams Sisters But they got horrendous draws. Belgium and Germany are not easy to beat when you lack depth and great players.

Venus shouldn't. Only US Open should she even dare consider Mixed. Wimbledon would surely be Singles and Doubles. She should cut it there. Aussie is a bit too early to add events alongside singles. Plus I don't want her to ruin her perfect records at both AO and RG in Mixed

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #32
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post

Venus shouldn't. Only US Open should she even dare consider Mixed. Wimbledon would surely be Singles and Doubles. She should cut it there. Aussie is a bit too early to add events alongside singles. Plus I don't want her to ruin her perfect records at both AO and RG in Mixed
And yet, this is Venus, so.....
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #33
country flag Maddy-88
Veeliever 4 Life

Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute

One the one hand it is great that she is committed to play a full schedule but on the other Malaysia???
It's also great that she won't do the hard-clay-hard thing again, that was just a NO NO for the knees, and we have all paid the price twice 09 and 2010.
I think she should play Fed Cup and not play Doubles at all this year, she should play Mixed and complete the Slam, she has nothing else to accomplish in women's doubles well excerpt for YEC

Last edited by Maddy-88 : Dec 9th, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
Maddy-88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #34
country flag zxcVbnm88

zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of

Malaysia?!!! I'll pray hard
zxcVbnm88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #35
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy-88 View Post
One the one hand it is great that she is committed to play a full schedule but on the other Malaysia???
It's also great that she won't do the hard-clay-hard thing again, that was just a NO NO for the knees, and we have all paid the price twice 09 and 2010.
I think she should play Fed Cup and not play Doubles at all this year, she should play Mixed and complete the Slam, she has nothing else to accomplish in women's doubles well excerpt for YEC
Well in order to win that she needs to play "a lot" of doubles and do well. A lot meaning about 5 or 6 events.

Old Dec 14th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #36
country flag Maddy-88
Veeliever 4 Life

Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute Maddy-88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Well in order to win that she needs to play "a lot" of doubles and do well. A lot meaning about 5 or 6 events.
Well true, but still YEC in doubles is not that important anyway.
Maddy-88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #37
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

It isn't, yes. But at the same time, it would be nice to have. Qualified in 1999, 2009, and 2010 (1999 withdrawing due to Serena's back injury, 2010 due to Serena's health and Venus' knee). Also, were #1 alternates for 2000 I believe (I remember doing the math and am pretty sure this is true), but Venus withdrew from it with anemia. They would have gotten in as the first alternates, but they withdrew and 2nd alternates got in.

For them to even have possibly gotten in 4 times is pretty good considering their limited play. But it is a matter of playing it and winning those 2 matches, which they are more than capable of doing if healthy.

Old Dec 20th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #38
country flag rechi

rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold
Re: Venus' 2012 Calendar - AO,...., Kuala Lumpur

Venus will not be playing in Auckland the tournament director announced today! According to the tournament director Venus isn't feeling fit enough to start in Auckland

Maybe her start at the Aussie Open is also in doubt.

thats not good...

| serena williams | maria sharapova |

| jelena jankovic | tamira paszek | andrea petkovic | sloane stephens |
rechi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #39
country flag zxcVbnm88

zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechi View Post
Venus will not be playing in Auckland the tournament director announced today! According to the tournament director Venus isn't feeling fit enough to start in Auckland

Maybe her start at the Aussie Open is also in doubt.

thats not good...
I'm worried that she might skip AO as well. her health matters the most though
zxcVbnm88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM   #40
country flag rechi

rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcVbnm88 View Post
I'm worried that she might skip AO as well. her health matters the most though
your're right, but i would love to have her back on the tour, but to be healthy is the most important thing.

| serena williams | maria sharapova |

| jelena jankovic | tamira paszek | andrea petkovic | sloane stephens |
rechi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:41 PM   #41
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Looks like she's using the extra week or so as more training and prep and just going in cold like USO 2010.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226228855871

seems like a pretty creditable source and includes quotes from Tiley the AO tourney director!

The sisters have played exhibition matches, but Venus decided to have an extra two weeks' preparation for Melbourne (January 16-29) and miss Auckland (January 2-9).

Tiley said he rang the 31-year-old's agent to find out if Venus was in doubt for Melbourne Park.

"I wanted to touch base but there's no change for her. She's coming," Tiley said.

Happy that it looks like we're gunna get to watch her in Melbourne, just sad that we won't know where her game is before that dreaded first round hope she sticks around for two or three rounds and we get a much needed venus fix
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:28 PM   #42
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Vee_92 View Post
Looks like she's using the extra week or so as more training and prep and just going in cold like USO 2010.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226228855871

seems like a pretty creditable source and includes quotes from Tiley the AO tourney director!

The sisters have played exhibition matches, but Venus decided to have an extra two weeks' preparation for Melbourne (January 16-29) and miss Auckland (January 2-9).

Tiley said he rang the 31-year-old's agent to find out if Venus was in doubt for Melbourne Park.

"I wanted to touch base but there's no change for her. She's coming," Tiley said.

Happy that it looks like we're gunna get to watch her in Melbourne, just sad that we won't know where her game is before that dreaded first round hope she sticks around for two or three rounds and we get a much needed venus fix
I'm going again this year so I hope that she makes it down! I understand if she doesn't though
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:46 PM   #43
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe she's going in cold.

Should be exciting to see who she draws and what she brings to the table.
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #44
country flag Venus_Serena

Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all Venus_Serena is a name known to all

She had her best results in 2003 where she did not play any warm up tournaments, who knows
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #45
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Re: Venus' 2012 Calendar - AO, Doha, Kuala Lumpur

Venus intends to play Doha. She is currently in the Qualifying list at 21. But she will surely get a MD WC.

We will find out about Dubai next week.