Bigger gap on clay- Serena vs Henin or Federer vs Nadal - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Bigger gap on clay

Henin over Serena 117 49.58%
Nadal over Federer 119 50.42%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #286
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bigger gap on clay- Serena vs Henin or Federer vs Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealcaffrey View Post
YOU ARE SO DUMB WOOOOOOOOOOOOW
why are you even posting this nonsense

federer cannot beat nadal because of match up issue.. but like it has been said before - rank all time great claycourters and you will see a lot of players in between henin and serena more than players between nadal and federer

federer is a consistently good claycourter who cannot beat just one player who happens to be possibly the greatest player to ever play on clay...Serena lost to a bunch of nobodies again and again on clay

if i am correct since 2005 ... only 2 players have been able to beat federer on roland garros.THAT is an insane record and proves that federer is an all time great on clay who is just so unfortunate to face someone who is an even greater claycourter

AND LOL are you bringing h2h... which is so disjointed against federer because he reached that many finals to begin with! serena has not reached a french open final since she won it... GET REAL!!!!

keep it simple. in his generation,federer is INDUBITABLY 2ND GREATEST CLAYCOURTER while nadull is GREATEST CLAYCOURTER. can we say the same for serena, is she the 2ND GREATEST CLAYCOURTER to henin's GREATEST? no i don't think so!!! so case closed!!!! OVER! use your brain!
If it's for acomplishment wise, then yes...although that still isn't clear what the OP meant.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #287
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot. Federer is one of the greatest clay court players ever.

Follow my tennis musings: http://davesdropshots.tumblr.com/
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #288
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry - I need to post this on MTF for a good laugh.

Follow my tennis musings: http://davesdropshots.tumblr.com/
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #289
country flag nealcaffrey

nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
If it's for acomplishment wise, then yes...although that still isn't clear what the OP meant.
even if we are talking about accomplishments or pound for pound skill

the answer is still the same
nealcaffrey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #290
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
even if we are talking about accomplishments or pound for pound skill

the answer is still the same
You won't hear me arguing about that.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #291
bandabou

Quote:
why don't you make your own thread for that if you want to keep discussing it

i think title of thread is clear bigger gap on CLAY
why keep bringing up grass

can't you read?
I will..curious to your answer then.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #292
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Please remind me again how many slams Serena won between 2003 and 2008?

Her slump in form had nothing to do with clay. She wasn't performing everywhere else. Sure, she has underperformed since 2008 on clay but that has nothing do with this. We already know it's her worst surface.

Ok, let me ask a simple question. If your life depended on predicting correctly the winner of either of the following two matches, which one would you pick?

Nadal v Federer on clay

or

Serena v Justine on clay

I know which one and who I would pick. Nadal v Federer with Nadal winning. Which one would you pick? Keeping in mind that your life depended on this and all players are at their peaks.

Enough said.
A mess So Serena was in a slump from 2003 to 2008 ? Good to know At least you got something right : clay is indeed Serena's worst surface.
You can keep changing the target of the debate each time you have no answer, it won't change the fact that on the big scale of things, Serena is a non-entity on clay (even Ivanovic reached more FO's finals than her ), furthermore when compared to Henin.Fed (as much as I dislike him)is the 2nd best player of this decade on clay, behind who ? : the best player of all time on the surface.Enough said.
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #293
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vozas View Post

Willytards keep trying to make Serena look relevant on clay. Gotta love their plight.

You've got to love how this tournament has so spectacularly kiboshed their talking point of "Serena only ever loses at RG because she gets drawn against claycourt GOATs!!!!!!1111"
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #294
country flag J4m3ka

J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
You've got to love how this tournament has so spectacularly kiboshed their talking point of "Serena only ever loses at RG because she gets drawn against claycourt GOATs!!!!!!1111"
It still holds truth , losses to Henin, Capriati, Henin, Kuznetsova & Stosur in 5 of her last 7 RGs

If only she could've played against Chakvetadze, Cibulkova, Petkovic and Kanepi in her prime year QFs An honour reserved to non other than Cakewalk-P
"But every sport improves dramatically every three-to-five years, and I think we've see that in the sport of tennis. These guys just keep getting better and better. There's no comparison between what guys are doing now to 10 years ago"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Agassi
"Listen, I could sit here and tell you that I'm the best of the best, but unfortunately, the best get better. That's just how it is. Speed, athleticism, change in technology, and why people don't come to the net anymore because of the angles that are created. It's a whole different set of circumstances out there"
J4m3ka is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #295
country flag mistymore

mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4m3ka View Post
It still holds truth , losses to Henin, Capriati, Henin, Kuznetsova & Stosur in 5 of her last 7 RGs

If only she could've played against Chakvetadze, Cibulkova, Petkovic and Kanepi in her prime year QFs An honour reserved to non other than Cakewalk-P
Sometimes I wonder if they rig the draws for Maria due to her impact and commercial appeal. I still remember the 2007 U.S Open when Henin, Venus, Serena, Jankovic, and Ivanovic were all in the same half, while Maria was given the half full of headcase Russians who bow down to her feet over the years. Still didnt matter in the end.
mistymore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #296
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
You got it right...Henin is a bigger grass mug than Serena's a clay-mug..yet you ain't seeing nobody making threads about Juju's mugness on grass.

Oh, cry me a river.

Adn to call Justien a bit if a grass-mug is also a bit stupid considering her good results on that surface...
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #297
country flag LDVTennis

LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future LDVTennis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce85 View Post
Your opinion. 2 finals and 2 semifinals in Wimbledon for me isn't worse than a sole fluke title facing your sister and not a single semifinal since 2003 in numerous attempts
With each year, it looks more and more like a fluke...

Not surprised, Serena never had the variety, footwork, endurance to dominate at RG.
Steffi Graf was part of a youth tennis group that was studied from age 12 and then followed, and the scientists called her "the perfect talent" even then. In addition to her many tennis-specific skills, her aerobic capacity was on par with the best distance runners in Europe. --- David Epstein, The Sports Gene
LDVTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #298
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
A mess So Serena was in a slump from 2003 to 2008 ? Good to know At least you got something right : clay is indeed Serena's worst surface.
You can keep changing the target of the debate each time you have no answer, it won't change the fact that on the big scale of things, Serena is a non-entity on clay (even Ivanovic reached more FO's finals than her ), furthermore when compared to Henin.Fed (as much as I dislike him)is the 2nd best player of this decade on clay, behind who ? : the best player of all time on the surface.Enough said.
without a certain controversial incident in 2003 could of seen Serena in as many finals as Ivanovic.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #299
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDVTennis View Post
With each year, it looks more and more like a fluke...

Not surprised, Serena never had the variety, footwork, endurance to dominate at RG.
Don't matter..she still won it.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #300
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Oh, cry me a river.

Adn to call Justien a bit if a grass-mug is also a bit stupid considering her good results on that surface...
And calling Serena a clay-mug ain't stupid when she won RG the end all, be all of clay-tourneys?!