Aussie's Aussie Open WC Play Off info announced - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 30th, 2011, 04:29 AM   #1
country flag HOS

HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of
Aussie's Aussie Open WC Play Off info announced

With the Australian Open 2012 Play-off just days away, another group of wildcards into the 6–11 December event has been announced.
Wildcards for the men’s event are led by former top 100 player Chris Guccione. Joining Guccione will be James Duckworth, James Lemke, Matt Reid, Michael Look, John-Patrick Smith, Isaac Frost, Sam Groth and John Peers.
The wildcards join direct entrants Greg Jones, Marinko Matosevic and Ben Mitchell in the main draw.
There are still 11 more wildcard places in the men’s field, which will be announced in the coming days. The final spot will be filled by the winner of the Optus 18s Australian Championships.
In the women’s event, Tammi Patterson, Daniella Dominikovic, Emelyn Starr and Alenka Hubacek have been awarded wildcards.
They join Casey Dellacqua, Olivia Rogowska, Isabella Holland, Sally Peers, Arina Rodionova and Bojana Bobusic in the women’s play-off.
There are just four wildcards remaining for the women’s event, the last spot will go to the winner of the Optus 18s Australian Championships.

Strang ladies wc's I think. Danni D?? Patterson....um, she hasn;t won a match in the $25 K challngers over the last 3 months in Australia.....

Maybe they are waiting for the u 18's but I thought the wildcards would be Barty, Rajicic, Sanders and maybe Hadzic......and Adamzcak...tennis Oz don't like her I reckon....

Does nayone know what happned to Sophie Letcher? She was given a few opportunities last year but hasn't play any of the $25 K challengers?

Sophie Ferguson is injurered with what this time??/ Any news of when she is back?
Jess Moore? Another one who has promise and ok rank and fell in a heap and now not at all?? Inj? Finished?

Weijernt was anther 'protergy' Tennis Aus liked...Personally wasnt impressed watching her play gainst Knapp a few years back.....

Mirjivic (splling) was nother who won a few qualy ronds a few years ao and was then given a bit of help...saw her name in some Euro challengers in June/july but not playing in the $25 k's here....

I would have thought the wildcrads for Australian will be:

1. USA- announced four names for play off in georgia
2. France - maybe rezai, who I love and hope she gets back but i also wanna see Victora Larrier play
3. Asia- currebtly Amanmuradova....she could get de after Dubai...Chan leads Doi by 7 points, Sema lost 1st round in Dubai so she is out
4. Play off winner- Dellacqua hasnt lost to any of these girls, so reckon she is the very hot fav...if she doesn't win it she shall surley still get one
5. Not that i like her but Rogowska
6. Holland
7. After good form (not last 2 weeks) on the $25K events, Bobusic
8. Barty (only other possibility would be peers but he has been bad news this year)

QDWC (on proviser that Moore, Ferguson & Letcher are injured)
1. Peers
2. Rajicic
3. An-Sophie Mestach (junior winner)
4. Ar Rodionova (she just will......anyway)
5. Adamczak ( not a big fan at all, as in at all but she deserves it, good enough comeback)
6-8 anyone's guess You'd have to think the guys who just got wildcards today are in favaour, Danni D, Patterson (for sure she'll get one, although her form is terrible) Starr or Hubacek.....

Maybe Sanders, Hadzic, Bai, Tredoux have a shot???

Doubles WC:
Think it has been documented that Stosur and Lisicki are teaming up again
I'd like Gajdosova- An Rodionova together
Dokic Delleaqua

If that happened, I'd go with these wildcards:
Bengsen Calderwood- 3 $25 K's in a row!
Ar. Rodionova Rogowska
Holland Peers
D. Dominikovic Bobusic

Rajicic Barty

Last pair...maybe Starr -Bai, Sanders-Hadzic, Tredoux-Hubacek chuck Admazcak with someone...

Maybe the play off form will cement places??
HOS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 04:18 AM   #2
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aussie's Aussie Open WC Play Off info announced

Patterson, Dominikovic, Starr and Hubacek certainley wouldn't have been my first choices for WCs into the playoff. Adamczak was entered with her injury protected ranking, but pulled out.
i'm not sure about Sophie Letcher, but in her last match in Thailand in May she had to retire, so i'm guessing that she has some kind of serious injury.
pretty sure Sophie Ferguson is just taking a break, but no news on when she will be back.
Jess Moore was playing in the National Tennis league in WA instead of the aussie 25k's i think, so not sure if she'll be playing next year yet.
Monika Wejnert has quit sadly. had lots of potential but you can't help not being motivated.
Marija Mirkovic still recovering from a foot injury. entered in some of the aussie 25k's but pulled out weeks before they started, so we can expect to see her back next year hopefully.

your WC picks are exactly the same as mine, but if Anastasia Rodionova doesn't make the cut she would have to get one over Bobusic or Barty.
for the QWCs, Peers and Arina Rodionova will probably get in directly with their rankings. i'd pick Patterson, Dominikovic, Rajicic, Adamczak, the girl who won juniors, Hadzic, Sanders and someone else depending on form. i don't reckon Bai, Starr and Hubacek have much of a chance. if Letcher, Ferguson, Moore or Mirkovic can play you'd think they will be given the last QWC on my list, or instead of Dominikovic or Hadzic.
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 01:32 PM   #3
country flag tenisboss

tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of

MY TYPEs

1. USA- Winner of Georgia Play-Off (Hope that will be Keys, Min or Townsend but probably Vandeweghe, Riske or Hmapton will win this event)
2. France - Victoria Larriere/ Caroline Garcia/ Kristina Mladenovic
3. Asia- If this is for the highest ranked player from Asia in Q Amanmuradova, if not hope that Lertcheewakarn, Semas or Doi will get it
4. Play off winner- Dellacqua for sure
5. Bobusic
6. Barty
7. Rogowska
8. Konta or Ferguson

QDWC
1. Peers
2. Rajicic
3. An-Sophie Mestach
4. Arina Rodionova
5. Adamczak
6. Konta or Ferguson
7. Bai
8. Patterson
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 01:36 PM   #4
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Doubles WC:
Think it has been documented that Stosur and Lisicki are teaming up again
I'd like Gajdosova- An Rodionova together
Dokic Delleaqua
All of those teams would get in by direct-entry.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 02:30 PM   #5
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure Mestach will be ready to go there, she's been out since May and underwent surgery.
Uranus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:56 PM   #6
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

I like Olivia and her game; too bad she had to face Dokic in the final last year. Dellacqua winning this WC tourney is pretty much a given.

Garcia for French WC is for me. She's been slumping pretty bad at ITFs.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 11:04 PM   #7
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

They wouldn't give it to Konta

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #8
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute

Rodionova will get in by direct acceptance, there will be at least one withdrawal.

1. Play-off winner (Dellacqua is a huge favourite here)
2. Discretionary (Rogowska)
3. Discretionary (Holland)
4. Discretionary (Bobusic)
5. Discretionary (Barty)
6. American play-off winner (probably Riske since it's indoors)
7. French discretionary (Garcia has been slumping and I'm not sure they're going to shell out more chances for Rezai, I have a good feeling about Larriere; Mladenovic is in okay form on the back of her Dubai runner-up showing and I don't think they'll even glance at Feuerstein or any other girls)
8. Highest-ranked Asian (Amanmuradova)
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #9
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Official draw for the 2012 #AOplayoff now underway at Melb Park.
https://twitter.com/#!/AustralianOpe...33821427134464
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 01:22 AM   #10
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

https://twitter.com/#!/AustralianOpe...36262327504896
https://twitter.com/#!/AustralianOpe...36565961572352
https://twitter.com/#!/AustralianOpe...36789715091456
https://twitter.com/#!/AustralianOpe...37086055260160

Groupings announced. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 02:13 AM   #11
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

USA wildcard playoff beginning on Dec. 16th:

http://www.australianwildcard.com/aowc-players/

Hoping for Keys. Wouldn't mind Min or Townsend.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #12
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Daniella Dominikovic has married and is now known as Daniella Jefflea according to the draws.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #13
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

^ nooo I liked the name Dominikovic.

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #14
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

I take it from Arina's inclusion that Aussie citizenship is looking a bit more likely for her this time round?

Wonder why Monique's not playing.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #15
country flag HOS

HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info about the ausises, yeah I know Jarka and Rodionova would get in doirect, as would casey and JD, the WC are in colours
HOS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote