The Williamses are human after all - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:19 AM   #1
country flag "Topaz"

"Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute
The Williamses are human after all

Don't you agree?

Congrats big time Kim on your 75-63 victory over #1. It takes a great player to defeat Serena and you're it today. Good luck on your next season.

Well done Serena. Nobody can do it all. You're the leader. Have a nice holiday season.

"Playing aggressive tennis ... that's always the way to go, if you ask me." - Venus Williams, May/2002
"Some shots I will hit hard but not every ball. I'm not just using my power." - Serena Williams, Oct/2002
"Topaz" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:22 AM   #2
Rae Q.

Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point Rae Q. is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Venus is. Serena is as well but she certainly played like a superhuman this year. Kim brought her back to reality and that's ok. Champions like Rena can't always have a storybook ending.
Rae Q. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:38 AM   #3
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future
Actually both Sisters were done after the U.S. Open. Neither really wanted to play anymore tennis. Venus only showed up in Moscow because she was committed. They both went home and chilled out. I believe Richard when he said they had not practiced. Serena was in the worst form of the year and still made the finals. Amazing. She was not that unhappy when Kim defeated her which is not like Serena. But this loss was good for Serena, things were beginning to get too easy. This loss will prepare her for the Aussie, and this time she will be ready.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
AJLA TOMLJANOVIC definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:42 AM   #4
country flag CC

CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute
I hope it doesn't prepare her too well for OZ. I've already decided to give that one to Venus.
CC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:46 AM   #5
country flag HAIL-VENUS

HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of
It's crazy to think otherwise, don't you agree? Serena was totally out of form from the 2nd match she played, and Venus wasn't physically ready to compete. I agree that they both needed to play more after the US Open in order to be prepared for the year end event. I think that both girls will learn from this experience and come back stronger for 2003. Believe me, the Williams's reign is not over by a long shot. Oh yeah, congratulations Kim on a super win!!!!
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:50 AM   #6
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
I think both sisters will be ready at OZ, you could tell from Vee reaction last night that she is disappointed in her year and really wanted a chance to hoist the trophy.

As for Serena, this loss was the best thing that happened to her. It teaches her not to come into tournament unprepared. She also mentioned in an article that she was only taking a week off before hitting the practice court. Cant wait for the year to start.

I'm also looking forward to my break from WTAWORLD myself. I've logged way to many hours here this year.

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:55 AM   #7
Rubylips

Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice
I think i could of beating Serena tonight.She was wipe out.I THINK SHE JUST WANTED TO GET IT OVER.
Rubylips is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:10 AM   #8
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute
Uhh..ok whatever Ruby

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:11 AM   #9
persond

persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point
My thoughts, exactly...!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubylips
I think i could of beating Serena tonight.She was wipe out.I THINK SHE JUST WANTED TO GET IT OVER.
I was thinking the exact same thing, and could see from the start of the match that Serena was not "herself".

However, congrats to Kim, for a win is a win. And, if anyone deserves it, it's Kim.
persond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:26 AM   #10
country flag Jericho

Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute
what i find amazing is that serena and venus didnt even practice and still made it far...

Jericho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:27 AM   #11
Rubylips

Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice Rubylips is just really nice
true dat.
Rubylips is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:00 AM   #12
country flag "Topaz"

"Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute
Look, guys, the Willis are doing just fine. One loss doesn't a loser make. They are the year's leaders on almost all accounts.

This last tourney, though, clearly demonstrates that Seles, Jennifer and Kim are forces to reckon with. If we add a healthy Momo and an in-form Davenport to that list, we can brace ourselves for a tough and great WTA season next year.

"Playing aggressive tennis ... that's always the way to go, if you ask me." - Venus Williams, May/2002
"Some shots I will hit hard but not every ball. I'm not just using my power." - Serena Williams, Oct/2002
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:02 AM   #13
country flag "Topaz"

bump!

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:13 AM   #14
country flag tennischick

tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by TennisPower
Look, guys, the Willis are doing just fine. One loss doesn't a loser make. They are the year's leaders on almost all accounts.

This last tourney, though, clearly demonstrates that Seles, Jennifer and Kim are forces to reckon with. If we add a healthy Momo and an in-form Davenport to that list, we can brace ourselves for a tough and great WTA season next year.
yeah for a while there they did seem larger-than-life or superhuman. i hope that their lack of preparation for this tournament doesn't mean that they started to believe that too! Venus was clearly not match fit, and Serena is carrying more body fat now than she did a mere few months ago. now they both know that they can no longer get away with that.

it's nice to see other players finally stepping up and taking the challenge to try to beat them. for the longest while poor Hingis toiled alone. and i'm sure that Capriati must have felt at points in the last year that it was entirely up to her. now others are accepting the challenge and that can only be good for tennis. we need to get some nice rivalries going. a Kim-Serena rivalry would be quite enjoyable if it blossoms into that.
Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:18 AM   #15
Raisin

Raisin is an unknown quantity at this point Raisin is an unknown quantity at this point Raisin is an unknown quantity at this point
Of course we know they're human after all. Its only the rest of the players and most of their fans who thought otherwise
Raisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote