Sara Tomic - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #136
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sara Tomic

Sara Tomic looking to step out of brother's shadow

Quote:
LONDON — Australia's Bernard Tomic was entertaining a capacity Centre Court crowd at Wimbledon on Saturday but in the legendary venue's shadow out on Court 15, his younger sister Sara was taking some early steps in her quest to eclipse him.
Aged 15, Sara Tomic was the first player knocked out of the juniors, losing 6-1, 6-0 to Estonia's 13th seed Anett Kontaveit.
However, she has set her sights on making sure she is the most famous tennis player in the family.
"I always looked up to him when I was young," Tomic told AFP.
"I hope to be better than him one day, certainly. He gives me a lot of advice.
"It's different when you have a brother like that, someone at the top level and I hope that I can learn from him in each and every way, every day.
"I'm definitely grateful and I wouldn't change anything. I'm so happy with all the things I've got just from being his sister. But I want to be my own person and hopefully one day I can."
Though she can see similarities with her brother's playing style, Sara Tomic is modelling herself more on world number one Serena Williams.
"We have the same backhand for sure. We grew up with the same coach so we do have similar technique but I'm more of a power player. The reason why I want to go professional is because of Serena."
She wears one of the Wimbledon champion's custom-made jackets and said she "started crying" when she received it.
"She's such a killer on the court. I'm having problems with it. I hope can turn things around and try and be a killer on the court, an attack player. So far I'm not at that point where it's good enough.
"I want to be number one but there are so many things I need to work on."
Sara Tomic is in London for the first time and is enjoying her debut Wimbledon experience.
"Even just walking around was special, seeing all the people, kids, fans waiting for all the top players. I hope I can be there one day and I really feel this is where I want to be.
"The grass is so green, I felt like I was in New Zealand."
She was even backed by the Aussie fanatics, green-and-gold clad Australians who roar on their compatriots at every available opportunity.
"The atmosphere, the people, the crowd, the fanatics, they were good.
"They're so funny. I was trying not to laugh. It relaxes me, trying to enjoy myself on the court, working hard but trying to enjoy what you do."
Unlike her brother, she is not coached by their father John Tomic, who faces a court date in Madrid later this year over an alleged attack on his son's former hitting partner Thomas Drouet.
He has been banned from entering the Wimbledon grounds, either as a coach or a spectator, much to 20-year-old Bernard Tomic's annoyance.
However, his younger sister was down to be in his box to watch him take on Richard Gasquet for a place in the last 16.
"My dad coaches me now and then, but Bernard is his number one priority. I have my own coach," said Sara.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...e486c7581e.521

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #137
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
They showed Sara on tv in Bernies box. She was wearing a visor and what looked like still her outfit. She didnt look enthusiastic

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #138
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

She seems to really like Serena

Some pics from her match,

Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #139
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Double Draw

(1)Krejcikova/Siniakova (CZE/CZE) v Boulter/Wallace (GBR/GBR)
Pairone/Silich (ITA/RUS) v Matteucci/Pantuckova (ITA/CZE)
Alves/Tomic (BRA/AUS) v Ferro/Lombardo (FRA/ITA)
(7)Dunne/Komardina (GBR/RUS) v Brogan/Lumsden (GBR/GBR)

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #140
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

She looks exactly like her brother

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #141
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Not to chingchi... I mean Anett
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #142
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunate but Anett obviously played well and right now is too many steps above her
She has a lot of time to improve

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #143
country flag Vaidisova

with Bernard
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #144
country flag Trey

Wow Bernard is so tall compare too her hopefully she can grow little taller at least close to is height

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #145
country flag Vaidisova

Looks like her next tournament is Oceania Closed Junior Championships B2 in Fiji next month where she is the #1 seed.
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #146
country flag Trey

Great Hopefully she make a great run there

Old Aug 21st, 2013, 03:32 PM   #147
country flag Trey

Oceania Closed Junior Championships,Fiji,B2

R1: Sara TOMIC (AUS) [1] def Tammy ACKERMAN (NMI) 6-0 6-0
R2: Sara TOMIC (AUS) [1] def Sasha BOLLWEG (AUS) 6-2 6-2
QF: Zoe HIVES (AUS) [6] def Sara TOMIC (AUS) [1] 3-6 6-4 7-5

Was hoping she at least make the SF or F but still two good wins and still in the Dubs

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 07:12 PM   #148
country flag Trey

US Open Junior Tennis Championship

(8)Elise Mertens (BEL) v Alina Silich (RUS)
(Q)Usue Maitane Arconada (USA) v Katie Boulter (GBR)
Jamie Loeb (USA) v Ivana Jorovic (SRB)
(11)Mayo Hibi (JPN) v Sara Tomic (AUS)

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 07:29 PM   #149
country flag Vaidisova

Another R1 loss I guess
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 07:32 PM   #150
country flag Trey

I think she might can get past the first round the second round I little more worried about