December Showdown & AO WC Playoff - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 8th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #361
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all
Re: December Showdown & AO WC Playoff

any chance they'll just force Anastasia to qualify? she'd be a pretty good chance. actually, when was the last time an aussie girl qualified for the aussie open?
Sam21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 8th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #362
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute

Arina qualified last year under Russian representation and Jarka in 2006 under Slovakia. Last player with an AUS next to their name was Kerry-Anne Guse in 2000.
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #363
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Girls 16's QF

Long def. (1)Panoho 3-6 6-2 6-1
Tomic def. Harris 7-5 6-2
Beck def. (3)Rischbieth 6-2 6-4
(2)Sharam def. Osborne 6-3 6-2

Some big upsets today. GL to Tomic and Beck in the SF.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 01:40 AM   #364
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Why is Tomic an upset? She's one of the best in the world at her age, and clearly has the ability to beat girls much older than her.

I'm also somewhat surprised at everyone calling Barty's win over Dellacqua some major upset also. While Dellacqua may have been favourite, we are talking about probably the most talented 15 year old in the world, and someone with the talent to be a future GS winner. Most super talented 15-16 year players from the past have been able to beat high ranked tour players at that age. Dellacqua isn't really that good anyway, she's just one of the better Aussie women in a period where there isn't much depth.
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 01:41 AM   #365
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Brooke would win this, Brigitte is so random, she has had crap results all year. Must like the December showdown, she steps up everytime.
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #366
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Also I think Sara's win is surprising because Harris beat Hon fairly easily. Although as we know, it's all about matchups.
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #367
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani12 View Post
Also I think Sara's win is surprising because Harris beat Hon fairly easily. Although as we know, it's all about matchups.
How good is Hon exactly? Is she regarded as much better than Tomic and/or Bains if at all? Strengths/weakness etc?
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #368
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Hon seems to have Tomic's number in most of their matches, she beat her in last years 12's final and again in this years 14's final. At this stage I'd say that Bains is a level or two above any other girl in her age group, including those two.

Old Dec 9th, 2011, 02:47 AM   #369
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Astra
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 03:38 AM   #370
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

looks like we'll only get to see Barty and Rodionova tomorrow and one mens match. Bobusic and Rogowska are on court 5 which i'd rather watch instead of battle of the codes!
Sam21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #371
country flag Dani12

Victoria win thr 12s team championships, without their big guns Aiava and Makridis, that is pretty impressive. The two top players in the 12s division, Aiava and Mendez didn't play.
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 04:51 AM   #372
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Saw Dokic in the player cafe today. Looking very fit. She was sitting down talking to her coach and then left and hit some balls.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #373
Bluish

Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbal View Post
Saw Dokic in the player cafe today. Looking very fit. She was sitting down talking to her coach and then left and hit some balls.
Bluish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 05:43 AM   #374
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
looks like we'll only get to see Barty and Rodionova tomorrow and one mens match. Bobusic and Rogowska are on court 5 which i'd rather watch instead of battle of the codes!
No we get Jones v Duckworth, thats it for Court 6 because of the battle of the codes crap....seriously who wants to watch that be streamed, if you were half interested you would head down to Melbourne Park and watch it there live.
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #375
country flag jack21

Are you serious? One SF from 4 matches?