Who will be second seeded at USO? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will be second seeded come NY

Li 14 22.22%
Simona 38 60.32%
Petra 6 9.52%
Other - State who 5 7.94%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 21st, 2014, 02:43 AM   #1
country flag serena_the_queen

serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future
Who will be second seeded at USO?

Main contenders

Li - 6960 pts - defending Canada SF, Cincy SF
Simona - 6785 pts - defending Cincy QF
Petra - 6070 pts - defending Canada QF, Cincy 3R

Last edited by serena_the_queen : Jul 21st, 2014 at 03:06 AM.
serena_the_queen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2014, 02:46 AM   #2
country flag centipede

centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all centipede is a name known to all
Re: Who will be second seeded at USO?

Probably Petra because her last season was so shitty, she barely has any points to defend. Unless she flops. I don't think she will though.
centipede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 02:48 AM   #3
country flag BloodyMary

BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice BloodyMary is just really nice

I think Halep will be the most likely one, then Kvitova. I don't see it happening at all for Li since she hasn't been doing too well since the AO.
BloodyMary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 02:49 AM   #4
country flag fufuqifuqishahah

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute

Serena?

Grand Slam [oJankyoEugeniusoAnaresoBarktraoRebelLio]
Come Baaaack [oShinoboooMarie!oNutcrackeroThe Original Russian Bombshello]
Wake Up! [oVeeoThe Slovak SpideroFrannyoSlam StephensoVaniaoJellyDee!o]

fufuqifuqishahah is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 02:54 AM   #5

serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufuqifuqishahah View Post
Serena?
I wish. Then she would have nothing to lose
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 02:55 AM   #6
country flag NatP
SRFCL1DL4E

NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold NatP is a splendid one to behold

New Haven doesn't count so it's more that :

Simona doesn't play in Canada so she can't win points. I don't see Li defending her points. So Simona if she does a great Cincy or Petra.

Zvonareva ⎮ A.Schmiedlova ⎮ Halep ⎮ Jankovic ⎮ Sharapova ⎮ Kleybanova ⎮ Bencic ⎮ Robson
Del Potro ⎮ Nadal ⎮ Tsonga ⎮ Gulbis ⎮ Haas ⎮ Youzhny ⎮ Cilic ⎮ Berdych
Hingis ⎮ Clijsters ⎮ Dementieva ⎮ Kournikova ⎮ Davenport
NatP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 03:04 AM   #7
country flag Hilazza47

Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold Hilazza47 is a splendid one to behold

I know people are counting out Li but i would still say she will do well at the Us open. This is her best part of the season coming up so she will probably be dangerous as hell
Hilazza47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 03:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatP View Post
New Haven doesn't count so it's more that :

Simona doesn't play in Canada so she can't win points. I don't see Li defending her points. So Simona if she does a great Cincy or Petra.
True, forgot about that. Will remove New Haven stats.
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 09:04 AM   #9
country flag Mytzu

Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Who will be second seeded at USO?

I think Petra also has a QF to defend from San Diego, last year. This year it's Stanford at the same date.
The calculations from tennis4wta (at 18 august 2014, before the start of NH, taking away everybody's points between 21st of July and 18th of August)

Serena Williams USA 7711
Simona Halep ROU 6590
Na Li CHN 6170
Petra Kvitova CZE 5702
Mytzu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 11:55 AM   #10
country flag Rebell

Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold Rebell is a splendid one to behold

Serena
Rebell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 12:34 PM   #11
country flag histery

histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilazza47 View Post
I know people are counting out Li but i would still say she will do well at the Us open. This is her best part of the season coming up so she will probably be dangerous as hell
Not really, she's way better at the beginning of the year.
histery is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 12:37 PM   #12
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Petra will play Stanford, Montreal, Cincinnati (and New Haven)

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM   #13
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Very probably Li Na. It would be difficult for Simona if she's only playing Cincy.

BRAZIL 2014
Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes
Goes "Aaaah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA
CheddarChomper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 12:55 PM   #14
country flag Mytzu

Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all Mytzu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Very probably Li Na. It would be difficult for Simona if she's only playing Cincy.
Simona is ahead of Li Na, if we take away the points from now till August 18th (when USO seeded are announced)

Simona Halep ROU 6590
Na Li CHN 6170

Simona needs to lose less than 420 points against Li Na in the tournaments that precede USO (Li Na will play Montreal & Cinci as far as I know, Simona will only play Cinci). It's unlikely that Li Na will remain #2 if she doesn't play her best tennis.
Mytzu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM   #15
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares. It's not like big seeds are dangerous in Slams these days anyway
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote