Wickmayer aims for top 10 in 2015 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 09:44 AM   #1
country flag Khaleesi

Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all
Wickmayer aims for top 10 in 2015

The article says that she has a new coach who must help to get her into top 10 next year (she's currently ranked 75th in the world)

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/tennis/1.2190090

She's definitely ranked below her potential right now, but top 10... I dunno...
Khaleesi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 10:01 AM   #2
country flag eldanielfire

eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future eldanielfire has a brilliant future
Re: Wickmayer aims for top 10 in 2015

She was suffering illness in 2014. I always believed she has the potential for top 5, though I don't know if that is gonna happen anymore. The top 10 might be more difficult in 2015, we have Ivanovic back in good form, Azarenka will surely come back stronger, The Woz seems to have regained her only consistency, Kvitova seems to have high ambitions at last, the Czech's are confident and on the rise, Radwangska seems determined to conqure her weaknesses, Jankovic will likely have a better year, as will a few of the Germans, the young guns like Muguruza, Keys, Diyas, Borcic, Watson, Kunjah are on the rise and of course the new entries to the top 10 in 2014 want to stay.

The only group of players who are on the downward spiral seems to be the army of Russians, they won't seem to be producing them like they did anymore. Maybe the Italian girls as well.
eldanielfire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 10:12 AM   #3
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 10:14 AM   #4
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe not in 2015, but if she puts it all together, she certainly has the game to get there one day.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 10:18 AM   #5
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

A Wickmayer a day keeps the GM away.
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 10:21 AM   #6
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

If Yanina do not want it, she can just stop to play.
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 11:22 AM   #7
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

If she can sort out her back problems and her mess of a serve, I believe she can get back to top 20. I don't think she'll ever reach top 10, but you never know in women's tennis.
T_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 11:53 AM   #8
country flag ozboy1989

ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice
Top 30 would be a good effort for 2015.
ozboy1989 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 12:22 PM   #9
country flag jimbo mack

jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute

Along with the rest of the tour..

However, she's certainly capable but needs to find the consistency to do it week in week out.
jimbo mack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 12:42 PM   #10
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

2009 called
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 12:49 PM   #11
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, so she's playing doubles this year?
Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 12:54 PM   #12
country flag ivanxie

ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold ivanxie is a splendid one to behold

IMO, Peng has more chance of getting into the top 10 than Wickmayer ever will.
ivanxie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 01:22 PM   #13
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

It's been quite an offseason for Wickmayer.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 02:00 PM   #14
country flag Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

Good fucking luck with that.
Old Dec 23rd, 2014, 02:11 PM   #15
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoopie.

I mean, it's never bad to set goals for yourself. But Top 10 at this point seems too much. She should take it step by step but definitely lookin upwards (that's a good set of mind to have). However, she should aim for a Top 50 return as a minimum, then a Top 30 result to something of a maximum. She's been hindered with injuries + Lyme disease. So she should take it slow, but also not too calmly, she has a P5 QF early in the year that could hurt her ranking a lot if she doesn't show good results right away. The goal currently should be something like to stay in the Top 100 and build up from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanxie View Post
IMO, Peng has more chance of getting into the top 10 than Wickmayer ever will.
Yes, because Yanina wasn't already a GS semi-finalist way before Peng. Not to mention Yanina already being a mutilple WTA title winner having reached finals on every single surface.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote