Who will win, Peak Sharapova vs. Peak Kvitova? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win at their peak form so far?

Maria Sharapova 136 65.38%
Petra Kvitova 72 34.62%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #31
country flag eDonkey

eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who will win, Peak Sharapova vs. Peak Kvitova?

I still think peak Kvitova will beat peak Sharapova in two tight sets. Peak Sharapova has a great serve, but peak Kvitova has a great return shot and she can really easily change the direction of the ball. She is too powerful for any player.

Vesnina.Niculescu.Falconi.Voskoboeva.Paszek.Shvedo va.Voegele
TennisTipping.Singles(#16|06.08.2012) ITF Fukuoka, Roland Garros|RU ITF Cali
TennisTipping.Doubles(#82|09.04.2012) ITF Casablanca (w/diego36arg), ITF Cagnes-Sur-Mer (w/Frederik), 2010 Osaka (w/CapriatiRules)
eDonkey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #32
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Sharapova. All this hype about Kvitova is just pretty Yes, she's a great player and is very tough to beat, but multiple facets of her game are prone to breaking down at key times. Even at Wimbledon, where she supposedly tore through the field (!!!) she lost sets against Pironkova and Azarenka. At YEC she lost sets against Stosur and Azarenka, and was 1-5 down against Radwanska. Peak Sharapova actually destroyed her opponents without a let-up, and if she were to drop a set, it was against really good players (e.g. Serena, Mauresmo, Davenport), not scrubs.
I see and you say Sharapova's game is flawless then.
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #33
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

17 y/o Siberian Siren would rip this woman apart.
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #34
country flag Laura_VeeFan

Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future Laura_VeeFan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
17 y/o Siberian Siren would rip this woman apart.

Yeah, Maria was way more consistent with her groundstrokes at her peak than Petra and she could actually serve decently
Laura_VeeFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #35
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

The AO 2008 Pova beat four WTA #1 in one swoop, baggelling Henin and Dementieva in the proccess (also ended Henin's 32 match winning streak). Sorry, but either 2004 WimblyPova or OzPova would send Kvitova packing with a breadstick along the way. However that's not going to happen anymore This year's Wimbledon final was decided in tight sets and that was anything but a Peak Pova there, heck it wasn't even 50% Pova with her old serve gone forever.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #36
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
I see and you say Sharapova's game is flawless then.
Please. I don't even like Sharapova. But her game at her peak was far less likely to break down than Kvitova's. Kvitova still makes some god-awful errors at her peak, Sharapova has far fewer of those.
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #37
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

The Mashabators are really leading the forum in their delusions these last fast few weeks. First the Henin thread and now this. Understandable, but still.

Sharapova never hit as big as Kvitova. Her force has always been her consistency and her precision. PeaKvitova is a bad matchup for her and she'd lose no doubt on super quick surfaces. Also lol @ her being a better returner. She'd be completely useless against Kvitova's first serve, and the side spin she has on her own serve isn't as effective because of Kvitova's height and wing span. Granted, she'd beat the hell of Kvitova on hard courts.

Quote:
This year's Wimbledon final was decided in tight sets and that was anything but a Peak Pova there, heck it wasn't even 50% Pova with her old serve gone forever.
That Wimbledon final was a blow out. PeaKvitova only appeared in flashes when she was 0-1 down 1st set and at critical moments in the second. She was able to overwhelm her with a well contained game of her own, and that match was NID after the first 2 games. The gulf from the ground was astronomical (ok that's slighly exaggerating for a lack of a better word), and even I didn't think she was this better from the ground.

Last edited by Apoleb : Nov 13th, 2011 at 05:35 PM.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #38
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoleb View Post
The Mashabators are really leading the forum in their delusions these last fast few weeks. First the Henin thread and now this. Understandable, but still.

Sharapova never hit as big as Kvitova. Her force has always been her consistency and her precision. PeaKvitova is a bad matchup for her and she'd lose no doubt on super quick surfaces. Also lol @ her being a better returner. She'd be completely useless against Kvitova's first serve, and the side spin she has on her own serve isn't as effective. Granted, she'd beat the hell of Kvitova on hard courts.
When Kvitova beats FOUR #1 to wins a Grand Slam, we shall talk whom she beats in two quick sets. The Maria haters are equally delusional as some of the fans, but at least I can admit it while you don't
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #39
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
When Kvitova beats FOUR #1 to wins a Grand Slam, we shall talk whom she beats in two quick sets. The Maria haters are equally delusional as some of the fans, but at least I can admit it while you don't
Let's see who were those four number ones:

- Lindsay Davenport in 2008. Enough said.
- 2008 Justine Henin. A shadow of her own who got a well deserved beating for the trash tennis she was playing. Later she'd retire of how crappy she had become so quick.
- Jelena Jankovic? Enough said.
- Ana Invanovic aka VIP.

Honestly, I think one should be more ashamed about beating those #1s than mentioning them with pride.

Really, 2008 AO was impressive, but I'm just dead at how her stans thought that this was GOAT level, the coming of the second Christ or something. I understand you need to latch on something, but come on now.

Last edited by Apoleb : Nov 13th, 2011 at 05:45 PM.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #40
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

- 2008 Justine Henin. A shadow of her own who got a well deserved beating for the trash tennis she was playing. Later she'd retire of how crappy she had become so quick.
- Ana Invanovic aka VIP.

Honestly, I think one should be more ashamed about beating those #1s than mentioning them with pride.

Really, 2008 AO was impressive, but I'm just dead at how her stans thought that this was GOAT level, the coming of the second Christ or something. I understand you need to latch on something, but come on now.
your hate towards Maria is about as delusional as your fantasies about erratic Kvitty dominating the tour for the next few years. Peak Maria was never overwhelmed by any opponent no matter how hard they hit for a simple reason - more often than not her laser like groundies put them on the backfoot from the moment the ball was struck and then it was all a routine job for her to finish high floating crap with a drive volley. The only players which caused her trouble were great movers and counterpunches, of which Kvitty is neither. Not to mention she also had that little thing which helped her to win matches much easier - serve...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 06:09 PM   #41
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Can i just say- The Kvitova hype is outstandingly bad lately.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #42
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
Can i just say- The Kvitova hype is outstandingly bad lately.
Results speak for itself .

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #43
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

At her peak Maria was a much better mover than Kvitova, who is slow as fuck. Ozpova would've double bageled Kvitty.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #44
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

- Ana Invanovic aka VIP.

yeah, those 4 number ones were quite the joke at that time, weren't they Still compared to Vikaria "Maiden GS SF due to a cakewalk " Azarenka, Tsvetana "Fluke" Pironkova, Martha "Journeywoman" Sharapova, Yanina "Fluke" Wickmayer, these "jokes" do fair pretty well
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #45
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
Results speak for itself .
Yes, her draws have just been laden with greats.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote