Penn State sex-abuse scandal - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2012, 12:30 AM   #196
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Penn State sex-abuse scandal

Points taken. Trust me, had it been me I would have probably beaten Sandusky to within an inch of his life. I am a survivor of sexual assault, so the truths revealed in the last few months hit home on more than one front. It honestly took me a really long time before I was able to actually start talking about it. Mostly because I didn't went people to think I was being some kind of limelight seeker, I have no interest in that.

I'm also not trying to cry a river, because there's no point in that. But I will not stand by and let people say the entire Penn State Culture Must "Die". There's students who have never gone to a football game or taken I picture with the infamous statue (I never did, didn't feel a need.) Yes it is deplorable. Yes the penalties could have been harsher. (What I had in mind was more along the lines of 10 years worth of actions.) And Yes there's no winners nor plausible excuses. Yinz are absolutely right and I agree.

In fact I'd go further in saying that I hope the eventual prosecution of Spanier, Schultz, Curley, et al is fully pursued. Those idiots failed dozens of children in not protecting them and failed half a million alumni and students in not upholding their duties or observing our Alma Mater ... May Not Act Of Ours Bring Shame.

I do know one thing. We'll be back. I hope with every fiber of my being that it is as a smarter student body, alumni force, staff, and administration. Not only what happened should not happen again ... but no act that could be borderline distasteful should ever go overlooked simply because of what people might say. My intention was never to inflame in these here boards. I plan on being part of the positive Penn State difference, so don't hold that against me. That's all.

Last edited by charmedRic : Jul 25th, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
charmedRic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #197
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
"Jerry's Kids".
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #198
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Jun 26, 2012
NBC: Matt Sandusky describes father's alleged abuse on tape

By Douglas Stanglin, USA TODAY
Updated 2012-06-26 3:19 PM

CAPTION
By Gene J. Puskar, AP
Matt Sandusky, in a 29-minute taped interview with police on the eve of Jerry Sandusky's trial on child sex abuse charges, describes how he was allegedly molested by his foster father from age 8 to 15, NBC's Today show reports.

Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant football coach, was convicted last week of 45 counts of child abuse and is in prison awaiting sentencing.

Matt Sandusky, who earlier denied to a grand jury encountering any inappropriate behavior from his foster father, approached police a week before the conviction and was being prepared by prosecutors as a "surprise witness" in rebuttal if Sandusky took the stand in his own defense, NBC News reports.

In excerpts from the taped broadcast on the Today show, the 33-year-old Matt describes how he would curl up in a fetal position and pretend to be asleep when Sandusky would come into his room at night, NBC's Michael Isikoff reports.

Recalling the testimony of other Sandusky victims, he says it was "like the showering, with the hugging, with the rubbing, with the just talking to me, the way he spoke."

At one point on the tape, Matt replies "yes" when a detective asks if the incidents included "rubbing along and against your genitals."

While being questioned by an investigator, he says Jerry Sandusky would blow raspberries on his stomach and touch his genitals, the Associated Press reports.

Asked if he recalled engaging in oral sex or being raped by the former Penn State coach, Matt Sandusky says "at this point I don't recall that."

Sandusky, NBC News reports, also says he ran away from home on one occasion and on another tried to commit suicide.

"I really know I wanted to die at that point in time," he says on the tape, obtained exclusively by NBC News.

NBC News quotes Sandusky defense lawyer Karl Rominger as saying his client was "very upset" when he learned that Matt was talking to police, prompting the 68-year-old Sandusky's decision not to take the stand in his own defense.

Rominger, however, challenges Matt Sandusky's portrayal of events. "Did we believe what Matt Sandusky said? Absolutely not."

NBC's Isikoff also reports that Sandusky, who was adopted by Jerry Sandusky and his wife, Dottie, at age 18, continues to undergo therapy and is only now recalling more details about his encounters with Sandusky.

Rominger, quoting from the tape, tells ABC News that at one point Matt Sandusky expresses concern that he could face perjury charges because his claims contradicted his earlier statements to the grand jury.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #199
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute

Obama Administration hires ousted former Penn State President Graham Spanier

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index...sident_gr.html

In yet another shocking development in the Penn State story, ousted president Graham Spanier will soon begin working with the federal government on projects related to national security, The Patriot-News of Harrisburg, Pa., first reported.

In an email written to the paper, Spanier said: “For the next several months, as I transition to my post-presidential plans, I will be working on a special project for the U.S. government relating (to) national security. This builds on my prior positions working with federal agencies to foster improved cooperation between our nation’s national security agencies and other entities.”

The harshest critics would argue that Spanier was part of a miserable failure to keep young boys safe right on the Penn State campus.

He was fired on Nov. 9 amid the charges and arrest of convicted serial pedophile, Jerry Sandusky.
Williamsser is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #200
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Paterno's new bio comes out at last ~ in it he is described as crying because of the loss of reputation:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...icle-1.1137241

One wonders why the Republican SOB didn't cry for those kids whose lives were destroyed by his friend Sandusky in his own backyard.

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #201
country flag SantaBabyTennis

SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold SantaBabyTennis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
Joe Paterno's new bio comes out at last ~ in it he is described as crying because of the loss of reputation:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...icle-1.1137241

One wonders why the Republican SOB didn't cry for those kids whose lives were destroyed by his friend Sandusky in his own backyard.

No need to wonder. Like Sandusky, he was a selfish bastard who only ever cared about himself.
SantaBabyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #202
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Al Pacino to play Paterno in abuse scandal movie:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/joe-...diron-scandal/
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #203
Tennis Fool

Sandusky gets 30-60 years at a different "pen."
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM   #204
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Ex-Penn State president charged in Sandusky sex abuse case

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania, Nov. 1, 2012 (Reuters) — Former Pennsylvania State University President Graham Spanier was charged with perjury and obstruction as part of a "conspiracy of silence" in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal, Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly said on Thursday.

Spanier also is charged with endangering the welfare of children, conspiracy and failure to report child abuse in the Sandusky scandal, which rocked college sports and focused national attention on child sexual abuse. Sandusky was a Penn State assistant football coach.

"This is not a mistake, an oversight or a misjudgment. This was a conspiracy of silence by top officials at Penn State, working to actively conceal the truth, with total disregard to the suffering of children," Kelly told a news conference.

Two other former officials, Athletic Director Tim Curley and Vice President Gary Schultz, also face new charges of child endangerment, conspiracy and obstruction of justice. They had previously been charged with failure to report abuse and perjury, and both have pleaded not guilty.

Read more: http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/bre...-usa-pennstate

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM   #205
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
Ex-Penn State president charged in Sandusky sex abuse case

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania, Nov. 1, 2012 (Reuters) — Former Pennsylvania State University President Graham Spanier was charged with perjury and obstruction as part of a "conspiracy of silence" in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal, Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly said on Thursday.

Spanier also is charged with endangering the welfare of children, conspiracy and failure to report child abuse in the Sandusky scandal, which rocked college sports and focused national attention on child sexual abuse. Sandusky was a Penn State assistant football coach.

"This is not a mistake, an oversight or a misjudgment. This was a conspiracy of silence by top officials at Penn State, working to actively conceal the truth, with total disregard to the suffering of children," Kelly told a news conference.

Two other former officials, Athletic Director Tim Curley and Vice President Gary Schultz, also face new charges of child endangerment, conspiracy and obstruction of justice. They had previously been charged with failure to report abuse and perjury, and both have pleaded not guilty.

Read more: http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/bre...-usa-pennstate
As far as I'm concerned, justice won't really be served until Mike McQueary is brought up on criminal negligence charges.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:33 PM   #206
country flag alfonsojose

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Al Pacino to play Paterno in abuse scandal movie:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/joe-...diron-scandal/
Who's gonna play Sandusky? Chevy Chase?