2012 PAW Management Thread - Thanks to all managers who helped this season !! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2012, 09:27 PM   #61
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 PAW Management Thread -

By letter of the rule, they shouldn't, but as he is charged with a WC anyway and asked for it in time, I feel it would be a little strict not to count his picks, especially in a slam. The intent was clear and the player didn't get any unfair advantage.
I'd settle for a warning or something like that.

We have to establish for future cases what to do with WC that are erroneously posted in the commitments thread. Perhaps state something clearer than "not here please", e.g. "a WC request in this thread will not be valid".
It's not the first time a player has made this mistake.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 01:28 AM   #62
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
By letter of the rule, they shouldn't, but as he is charged with a WC anyway and asked for it in time, I feel it would be a little strict not to count his picks, especially in a slam. The intent was clear and the player didn't get any unfair advantage.
I'd settle for a warning or something like that.

We have to establish for future cases what to do with WC that are erroneously posted in the commitments thread. Perhaps state something clearer than "not here please", e.g. "a WC request in this thread will not be valid".
It's not the first time a player has made this mistake.
Thanks for the reply Archer - some good points regarding the message in the commitments thread. It shouldn't be a problem to change it as you suggest.

On reflection, I think that I have been a bit harsh not to accept the picks and feel that the player hasn't received any unfair advantage in this case - the player is certainly not fighting for a place near the top of the leaderboard. Therefore, unless other managers post different opinions, I will re-instate the players picks during the update at PAW RG tomorrow (Friday) evening.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM   #63
country flag Emrys

Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of

sorry for the late reaction , but i agree with Archer on this one. It's easy to make the mistake and post a WC request in the commitments thread instead of the tournament thread.

If he/she makes a WC request in the commitments thread then i or the tournament manager have to send a PM and tell him/her to ask a WC in the tournament thread and show the link of the first request here. Some PAW players are not all day online and it can take sometimes 15 hours till he/she notices it's in the wrong thread.
Emrys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:23 AM   #64
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of

Imho, rules should be simplified.

The paragraph

Quote:
If a player posts PAW picks without a commitment or a WC request, then the picks will not be valid until a WC request has been made. Therefore, any previously posted picks will only become valid after the WC has been granted.
to replace on

Quote:
If a player posts PAW picks without a commitment or a WC request, then is considered, that the inquiry about WC is made implicitly.
purtov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #65
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of
Re: 2012 PAW Management Thread - We need managers for June !!!

I can do Wimbledon
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #66
country flag Emrys

Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of
Re: 2012 PAW Management Thread - We need managers for June !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purtov View Post
I can do Wimbledon
Another big tournament for you
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #67
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 PAW Management Thread - We need a manager for Eastbourne

I'll do Eastbourne.

Put me down for Palermo and Båstad too, may withdraw from those due to holiday plans though. Will give a week's notice.
yet the weakest one still

twitter
Håkon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 02:46 AM   #68
country flag Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamR03A View Post
I'll do Eastbourne.

Put me down for Palermo and Båstad too, may withdraw from those due to holiday plans though. Will give a week's notice.
all right , thanks for helping me out.
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #69
country flag bgbgbg

bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future bgbgbg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
all right , thanks for helping me out.
me too
bgbgbg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #70
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 PAW Management Thread

I can take Baku
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM   #71
country flag Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
I can take Baku
Baku is for you
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #72
country flag purtov

Re: 2012 PAW Management Thread - We need a manager for Stanford !!!

I'll Stanford ?
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #73
country flag Emrys

Re: 2012 PAW Management Thread - We need a manager for Stanford !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purtov View Post
I'll Stanford ?
Thank You
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #74
country flag Emrys

Carlsbad for me

Last edited by Emrys : Jul 14th, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #75
country flag Emrys

Olympics & Dallas for me.