December Showdown & AO WC Playoff - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #1
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
December Showdown & AO WC Playoff

Acceptance List is out for the 18s Nationals.
Winner will recieve an AO Qualifying Wildcard.

Main Draw Direct - Barty, Sanders, Hadzic, Tredoux, Rajicic, Keir, Panoho, Woolcock, Myers & Sharma
Wildcards - 4 TBA Today

Qualifying Direct - Rischbeith, James, Balint, Nancarrow, M.Capannolo, O'Sullivan, Lenertz, Hoang, Stojic, Baric, Rhurig, Dikosavljevic, Long & Fuller
Wildcards - 2 TBA Today

Next In - A.Capannolo, Harris, Hon, Wallace, Andrinopolous....

All acceptance lists: http://www.tennis.com.au/tournaments...ls/acceptances
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #2
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: December Showdown & AO WC Playoff

whatever happened to the Dikosavljevic girls? I know they're both still very young, but barely heard a whisper out of them this year.

This 18s event looks like it could be something. Shame Bains isn't playing (is she in the US?), I'd love to see how she'd fare against the older girls
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #3
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
whatever happened to the Dikosavljevic girls? I know they're both still very young, but barely heard a whisper out of them this year.

This 18s event looks like it could be something. Shame Bains isn't playing (is she in the US?), I'd love to see how she'd fare against the older girls
No idea what happened to Katarina, but Andrea has been concentrating mostly on the junior circuit domestically. She got herself a few decent semis and so on.

I know Bains is playing Orange Bowl, but you'd think she'd play one of these. 16s would be a good level for her probs, oh well...

18s is a chance for some juniors to impress, girls like Sanders, Hadzic, Rajicic will be playing for AO qualifying for sure. Barty is already a shoe in no matter what.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #4
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.

Sanders v Rajicic shall be interesting preview perhaps at Traralgon tomorrow.
|
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #5
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Where is Molly Polak in all this mix? Talented and good results.....
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #6
country flag ozfan44

Entry List so far for the wildcard playoff...

http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...7ED399&event=2

No sign of Ferguson, Letcher or Moore....no Konta lol but we do have Arina-Rodi

Would expect to see Holland enter in the coming days...wonder if Dani D and Mirkovic will be fit too play? also no starr or hubacek??
|
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #7
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have expected Starr or Hubacek to actually be selected, so no real surprise. They might enter in next few days though.
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #8
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

No Dani D.
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #9
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

The usual TA story is that everyone player has to earn their w/c and therefore play this event. Clearly Casey, Liv and Izzy have done enough to be granted a w/c to the AO. Why make them play it? Opens a couple of spots for others.
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #10
country flag TS

Holland, Hubacek, Dominikovic and Starr have all now entered.

Ferguson, Letcher, Moore & Mirkovic are the only major absentees and I don't expect any of them to play.
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #11
country flag ozfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Holland, Hubacek, Dominikovic and Starr have all now entered.

Ferguson, Letcher, Moore & Mirkovic are the only major absentees and I don't expect any of them to play.

Yeah shame that those four are missing, Ferguson is meant to be taking a break, I still stand by my guess that Jess has quit, Letcher has probably discovered she loves Vodka and Techno while Marija can't get her foot injury sorted
|
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 06:37 AM   #12
country flag ozfan44

So 16 spots in the playoff

Top 250 wta rank automatically secures a spot...

Dellacqua, Rogowska, Holland, Peers & Bobusic are definately IN

That leaves 11 spots or 10 if they accept Arina Rodionova??

I would like to see them just go down the rankings for the rest so Adamczak, Patterson, Dominikovic, Wlodarczak, Bai, Starr, Hadzic, Sanders, Rajicic and Barty....Hubacek next in (or last in depending on arina rodi)

That would mean though missing out would be the likes of Bengson, Rischbeith, Scivetti, Sumner, Tredoux and Woolcock...

Everyone elses thoughts?
|
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM   #13
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

that would be fair if they did it like that, but i'd still like to see Woolcock, Sumner and Tredoux in instead of Bai, Starr and Wlodarczak. i agree with what louloubelle said, Casey, Liv and Bella are pretty much guaranteed to get WCs whatever happens in the play-off, and leaving them out would let more players in. Casey is a pretty sure bet to win and if her, Liv and Bella were out it would be easier to decide the 4th and 5th WC, or decide who is more worthy out of Sally, Bojana, Monique etc. are we still thinking that Barty will be given a WC? she hasn't done anything in the seniors since winning Wimbledon.
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 07:30 AM   #14
Bluish

Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold

Bai, Starr, Dominikovic and Wlodarczak shouldn't be in. I like Daniela, but they've all been given enough chances and are too old. Bengsen, Sumner and Woolcock would be better picks.

They really should shorten the field to 12 players so it's not just putting people there for the sake of it.

Dellacqua
Rogowska
Holland
Peers
Bobusic
Adamczak
Patterson
Barty
and the last 4 to the people who EARNED the most points during the recent $25K's OR special cases like Sophie Ferguson or Jessica Moore.

16 is just too many. People outside TOP 500 shouldn't be playing here
Bluish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM   #15
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

I think that just going down the rankings produces a really nice list. I really don't think Ashling Sumner should be given a wildcard - she's hardly played at all this year and they wasted 2 or 3 QWCs on her last year in the Aussie WTAs. If there's to be any readjustment, I'd say take Bai out and put Bengson in. She's got a big game and I think is capable of being top 200 one day.

The young ones you guys have mentioned will just get flogged. And if they're still in juniors they can play U/18s and try get a QWC there.

I think the 16 player draw is fine, especially when we have good depth, like we do now.