Norway the best place to live: UN - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM   #1
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Norway the best place to live: UN

Quote:
UNITED NATIONS — The United Nations on Thursday named oil-rich Norway as the country with the best quality of life, while Asia has made the biggest strides in recent decades.
The UN's annual A-to-Z of global wealth, poverty, health and education highlighted however that it is becoming ever more difficult to break into the rich club of nations.
Norway -- with its 81.0 years of life expectancy and average annual income of 58,810 dollars -- has now topped the Human Development Index (HDI) for all but two years since 2001.
It does not top any individual category -- average income in Liechtenstein is a wallet-busting 81,011 dollars and Japan's life expectancy is 83.6 years -- but Norway's all-round performance gave it superiority in the UN Development Programme (UNDP) 20th annual rankings.
Australia, New Zealand, the United States and Ireland followed at the top of the standings.
Zimbabwe came in last among the 169 nations ranked, behind Mozambique, Burundi, Niger and Democratic Republic of Congo.
In stark contrast to the leaders, in Zimbabwe life expectancy is just 47 years and per capita income 176 dollars.
DR Congo, Zambia and Zimbabwe are the only three countries to see their HDI value fall below 1970 levels.
"These countries offer lessons on the devastating impact of conflict, the AIDS epidemic and economic and political mismanagement," said UNDP chief Helen Clarke, the former New Zealand prime minister.
The study aims to give a broader assessment of quality of life than just income -- by including, health, education, gender equality and political freedom -- and its lead writer Jeni Klugman said most of the world has seen "dramatic progress" since 1970.
Average life expectancy rose from 59 to 70 years, primary school enrollment grew from 55 to 70 percent, and per capita incomes doubled to more than 10,000 dollars. Poor nations have made particular progress.
Overall countries "are healthier, more educated and wealthier and more power to appoint and hold their leaders accountable than ever before," said Klugman.
"But some countries have suffered serious setbacks, particularly in health -- sometimes erasing the gains of several decades," she added.
The nations which have risen most up the rankings include "growth miracles" such as China, which has risen eight places in the last five years to 89th, Indonesia and South Korea.
East Asia and the Pacific had the strongest performance of any region over the past 40 years -- twice the average worldwide progress.
China, the second highest index achiever since 1970, has been successful mainly because of income rather than health or education, the report said.
China's per capita income increased 21-fold over four decades, lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty. Yet its school enrollment has dropped since 1970 and life expectancy has not improved as much as other nations.
Klugman highlighted that "economic growth alone does not automatically bring improvements in health and education."
Nepal surprisingly emerged as one of the most improved nations, despite its longstanding civil war. A child born today in Nepal can expect to live 25 years longer than a child born in 1970.
In six sub-Saharan African countries and three in the former Soviet Union, life expectancy is now below 1970 levels. Mainly because of the HIV epidemic and tougher conditions for adults in former communist nations.
And even though incomes have grown dramatically, poor nations are not making the same economic strides as they are in health and education.
"On average rich countries have grown faster than poor ones over the past 40 years," said the report.
"The divide between developed and developing countries persists: a small subset of countries has remained at the top of the world income distribution and only a handful of countries that started out poor have joined that high income group," it concluded.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...cdf984d1d8.131
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:11 PM   #2
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Norway the best place to live: UN

I thought the massacre would somehow affect its reputation but anyway, it's still a great place to live indeed.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:26 PM   #3
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
I thought the massacre would somehow affect its reputation but anyway, it's still a great place to live indeed.
What massacre?
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM   #4
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks
I guess safety and peace aren't a part of quality of life.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM   #5
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Those were isolated events caused by a lunatic man. I don't see how they affect political freedom or Norway's reputation.
Tripp is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM   #6
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

The Netherlands at #3
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM   #7
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think that's why the attacks came as such a shock, because Norway is such a great country.

Trust most of the media to cover the Amy Winehouse story instead
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:43 PM   #8
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

The massacre shouldn't affect Norway's reputations, most countries have things like this happen anyway...This was just recent.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:45 PM   #9
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

It's my dream to live in Norway/Finland/Sweden.
Daruma. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM   #10
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Leading the A-to-Z of global wealth, poverty, health and education = best quality of life?

I can't really see how anybody would like to live in a country where more than half of the year is buried under the snow, bitter cold and grey skies

Title is misleading, Norway is definitely not the best place to life. There are more things in life than money.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM   #11
country flag Milito22

Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute

lucky Frode
Milito22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 02:37 PM   #12
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Jo View Post
It's my dream to live in Norway/Finland/Sweden.
It would be mine too if it wasn't for the freezing cold But yeah Scandinavian countries have reputation for their polite inhabitants, their gorgeous landscapes, their economy and salaries (), etc.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 02:41 PM   #13
country flag Mynarco
Bra Vibrationer

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

lucky Norwegian - they are like 50 metres ahead of the rest of other people for a 100m sprint
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 03:12 PM   #14
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Not with that climate.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM   #15
country flag pla

pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute

I am only thinking how to get back to live in the south and people love places like Norway.. I guess there is a place for every taste
pla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote