Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2012. - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 12:35 AM   #91
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2012.

The italian commentators on Eurosport which are in my opinion very good, were just saying those things. I remember things like:
"She's rigid when she has to go for the winners, she's missing with BH DTL, which is her best shot. She must stay with her feet much more inside the court, she's doing that sometimes but she instantly goes back to the baseline 'cause she's nervous and afraid to make mistakes."
I think that also Hogstedt said that to her, to stay more close to the middle when Aga was serving, specially when she was serving 2nd serves...

Last edited by Trih : Apr 1st, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 12:49 AM   #92
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Also she really needs to choose to serve first if she won the toss (that won't happen though cos she said herself that she's more stubborn than anyone could imagine). I mean it isn't the most important thing in most circumstances but in matches like this it really makes a huge difference. At least when you got broken you still have a chance to break back to stay in the match, instead of just lose straight away. She was holding pretty comfortably bar that 2 most critical games. Had she served first she would be leading through both sets and that way she would have less pressure and could do better in those return games.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 01:39 AM   #93
country flag Jamrock,20

Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light

Come on guys be strong! This is when she needs her fans the most. The fighter we love is still in there and she's not giving up!
Jamrock,20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 04:04 AM   #94
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry. View Post
Also she really needs to choose to serve first if she won the toss (that won't happen though cos she said herself that she's more stubborn than anyone could imagine). I mean it isn't the most important thing in most circumstances but in matches like this it really makes a huge difference. At least when you got broken you still have a chance to break back to stay in the match, instead of just lose straight away. She was holding pretty comfortably bar that 2 most critical games. Had she served first she would be leading through both sets and that way she would have less pressure and could do better in those return games.
Yes, she was serving so well today, just not at pressure games.
If she would have served first, that big, it would have given her a lot of confidence to break Aga, and not pressurize her on her serve at like 4-5 or 5-6 where she completely blew away.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 04:22 AM   #95
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridesMaidPova View Post
Yes, she was serving so well today, just not at pressure games.
If she would have served first, that big, it would have given her a lot of confidence to break Aga, and not pressurize her on her serve at like 4-5 or 5-6 where she completely blew away.
Absolutely. I understand that she chooses to receive because since comeback she's more confident in her returns than serves. But if your service game is gonna get broken at some point in the match, it's better be sooner than later. I mean she didn't give out any BPs in any other services games expect those 2 games at the end of each set.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 08:52 AM   #96
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sick but sick of this, I was not that crushed over those losses against Vika because it was Vika against whom she always had trouble but Aga of all people, that pathetic pusher and 1 winner per set. I just can't.
Bring on clay season, I have no more expectations on others surfaces except clay and fast HC and I have accepted that she will NEVER win Miami it's never good when she feels home on court, NEVER.

Last edited by doomsday : Apr 1st, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 08:58 AM   #97
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Absolutely. I understand that she chooses to receive because since comeback she's more confident in her returns than serves. But if your service game is gonna get broken at some point in the match, it's better be sooner than later. I mean she didn't give out any BPs in any other services games expect those 2 games at the end of each set.
These are just one of the 755829 things that went wrong yesterday.I guess we should just forgive and forget. I missed that Maria who used to fight for every point on the return and not just give away games like gifts(SantaClausPova ). Well hopefully this loss will work as a motivation for the clay season.

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #98
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
* First are foremost, stay fit, healthy, injury free and happy for the whole year. Aww

Must Do's!
* Win some nice titles. I don't mind how many or which ones, but something nice that we can boast about!
French Open anyone?
* Improve on her serve stats, even if just a little bit. I can more than live with the fact that it'll never be perfect, but any improvement would be nice.
She actually has a serve again
* Do her best to defend Cinci and Rome titles. If she doesn't win it's fine, but don't let them go without a fight!
Rome retained, looking forward to a good summer!
* Solid performance at all slams. QF and above would be nice if possible!
So far so good!
* Qualify for YEC and improve on performance there. It's tough because she was injured, but it was very hard to cope with defeats to her pigeon and the slump queen!
YEC qualification guaranteed. Better performance certain if she continues like this!

Would love, but excusable if it doesn't happen
* End the four year wait and win a Grand Slam title. Any one, any way. It'd be amazing!
Thank you!
* Complete the career Grand Slam - came close last year, go one last step!
Omg.
* Beat. Serena. Williams. It's been far to long!
I believe this is the one I want the most now!
* Become #1 in the world. Even for a week. Again, it's been far to long!
Awesome!
* Olympic medal would be nice. Gold medal would be bliss.
She totally could do this!
But again, all I really want is a happy healthy Maria trying her best to succeed.

June the 9th, and she's done virtually everything I wanted for her.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.

Last edited by killerqueen : Jun 9th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #99
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator on 12th November 2011 View Post
Another Grand Slam, don't care which one.. just anyone
I can die now
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #100
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
i want Maria to win a GS before she retires
Quote:
This. Anyone, anytime will do. Just one more.
YES

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #101
country flag Shivank17

I fucking love you Sharapova

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #102
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
Achieve being injury free all year...

Start 2012 with the serve fully fixed *pray for this one fkrs*
Win at RG
Snatch the #1 spot within the first 3 months
beat li na and convincingly!! *so tired of her losing to li na*
win miami
keep on being fierce.

BTW I have a new laptop
Serve is fixed enough RG done She beat Li Na convincingly and at least she snatched the #1 ranking Who cares about Miami
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #103
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_VeeFan View Post
French Open please. I need that Career Grand Slam

A medal at the Olympics and the #1 spot would be good as well
2 out of 3 completed. 1 more to go for you
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #104
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future

All I want now is some kind of Olympic medal (pref Gold of course) and a win over Serena

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #105
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

I want another slam and a win against Serena. Just one.

Best season of Maria's career by far (if only she had won Miami , but fuck that, she more than made up for it).

Her confidence should be scary now.
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote