If you were David Kotyza, where would you be looking for Petra to improve next year? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:40 PM   #46
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you were David Kotyza, where would you be looking for Petra to improve next ye

Now I know you're not a Petra fan, Pov. What the hell are you doing in this forum?

As for execs being stupid, everyone knows that many players have used paint job racquets. It's just a marketing strategy, and while I'm sorry it sinks Petra in your estimation, I'd much rather assume that her team knew better than to mess with a winning racquet.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 1st, 2012, 07:35 PM   #47
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you were David Kotyza, where would you be looking for Petra to improve next ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Apparently you (yes I'm sure there are others as well) think it's a "paint job" and not a new racquet. Which - no matter how you want to sugarcoat it - is tantamount to saying that Kvitova is willing to lie publicly for financial gain. It's also tantamount to saying that Wilson execs are incredibly stupid.
Roger Federer still uses the exact same type of Wilson racquet that Pete Sampras did over a decade ago but they paint it to look like the latest model.
bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 08:32 PM   #48
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
Roger Federer still uses the exact same type of Wilson racquet that Pete Sampras did over a decade ago but they paint it to look like the latest model.
Rubbish! Federer has used his own customized frame for well over a decade.
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 08:52 PM   #49
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Now I know you're not a Petra fan, Pov. What the hell are you doing in this forum?

As for execs being stupid, everyone knows that many players have used paint job racquets. It's just a marketing strategy, and while I'm sorry it sinks Petra in your estimation, I'd much rather assume that her team knew better than to mess with a winning racquet.
Y'know the stupid "yernotarealfanov" approach doesn't work too well. Especially from some wanker who just joined TF last year.

And as for "marketing strategy" - saying you're using something that your not is lying. Period. All your rationalizations and euphemisms won't change that. Course it's neither here nor there because I'm fairly confident that both Kvitova and Azarenka are using custom molds that are off-takes of the publicly available Wilson Juice line.
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 01:56 AM   #50
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, pulling seniority. Wonderful.

So, why exactly are you rooting for Petra who is, in your view, a liar, since even you don't think she is using the Wilson Steam off the rack?
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #51
country flag Utterchaos

Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all

I would make her to always serve first in matches. A player with her serve should always choose to serve first.
Utterchaos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #52
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterchaos View Post
I would make her to always serve first in matches. A player with her serve should always choose to serve first.
Nice suggestion. And I know what you mean. But I don't think Petra really needs to.

If you look at most of her matches, Petra usually breaks her opponent early, and puts constant pressure on their serve.

Allowing her opponent to serve first, also allows Petra to ease into the match (i.e. get warm), instead of starting off right away, making mistakes off of her serve.

With the exception of the Masha match at the Australian Open, Petra usually starts her matches very well. Win or lose. Usually when Petra loses or has a tough match, it's from the hiccups and siesta's she'll take during/starting from the second set.

Now after saying all that, you are on track discussing Petra's serve.

What I would wish for Petra (expecially at times like this) is, she always be consistent on her serve from the moment the match starts. I know she held serve 77% of the time last year, and to start this year again. But it always seems Petra can do better (many matches she'll have 1-3 silly service games). And she can.

I hope she matures and realizes this year, that her serve should always be a constant, right of the bat. Of course, some of her silly mistakes, and at times over aggressive nature (off the ground), have something to do with that as well. But she needs to be lights out on her serve, from the start, 85% of the time.

And she needs to follow up, many of those good serves, by moving forward/going to the net, to end the points quickly, and prevent herself from making mistakes; especially a time like now, when she's minus match play.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #53
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

PS:

And pardon my manners. WELCOME UtterChaos to Petra's subforum!!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #54
country flag Utterchaos

Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all

Thanks

The reason I suggested that she serves first is because her serve is very good and an excellent way to put pressure on her opponent. As far as moving forward goes it will be reasonably difficult as the courts in IW are so slow and don' t favour net rushing. Its too bad because Petra is instinctive player rather than robotic, so winning on these pathetically slow courts will be a challenge.
Utterchaos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote