If you were David Kotyza, where would you be looking for Petra to improve next year? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM   #31
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you were David Kotyza, where would you be looking for Petra to improve next ye

I think she's a beautiful young lady. I see nothing wrong with a 4 year age gap, especially if Adam is mature for his age. I hope she doesn't have any abortions, because they bring a lot of mental anguish with them. I wish her a long and happy career full of victories, followed by a beautiful post-career life with as many kids as she wants. And I hope they're all left-handed and that she teaches them tennis. (Seriously, as the daughter of a teacher and a an apparently even-keeled person, she'd probably be an excellent tennis teacher herself.)
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM   #32
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you were David Kotyza, where would you be looking for Petra to improve next ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
Not to alarm you but, actually, in the interview she did with that guy from PNB in Turkey she mentioned her dream is to have kids.

Let's hope she's saving that idea for after her playing days are over.
I heard, and thought the same thing you did QPF.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #33
country flag aloeball

aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future

You guys, she's obviously going to ditch him and hookup with Tomas Berdych at the Hopman Cup next year, I mean with Lucie and Adam not being invited and all ...

Aside, she needs to develop her mental game. She seems to rush some of the points too much, over-rotating.

David Kotyza is so cute, I wanna fly to Perth just to see him and get a picture .. well that and see Petra beat the crap outta Woz again.
aloeball is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #34
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloeball View Post
and see Petra beat the crap outta Woz again.
I love that part.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #35
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Red face Re: If you were David Kotyza, where would you be looking for Petra to improve next ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
Well, I really think we could improve on her barking. It's a little too German Shepherd for me. We should aim for a full-grown Greyhound.
Good luck working on that. May the 'farce' be with you and your greyhounds.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #36

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Cool Re: If you were David Kotyza, where would you be looking for Petra to improve next ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
I think she's a beautiful young lady. I see nothing wrong with a 4 year age gap, especially if Adam is mature for his age. I hope she doesn't have any abortions, because they bring a lot of mental anguish with them. I wish her a long and happy career full of victories, followed by a beautiful post-career life with as many kids as she wants. And I hope they're all left-handed and that she teaches them tennis. (Seriously, as the daughter of a teacher and a an apparently even-keeled person, she'd probably be an excellent tennis teacher herself.)
I wouldn't worry too much about her stopping to have kids. In CZ tens of thousands of young ladies are putting off having kids until they are in their thirties. I don't think she'll be any different. At least 10 Grand Slams, then rugrats. I can see that pretty easily. no worries.
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #37

Wink Re: If you were David Kotyza, where would you be looking for Petra to improve next ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloeball View Post
You guys, she's obviously going to ditch him and hookup with Tomas Berdych at the Hopman Cup next year, I mean with Lucie and Adam not being invited and all ...

Aside, she needs to develop her mental game. She seems to rush some of the points too much, over-rotating.

David Kotyza is so cute, I wanna fly to Perth just to see him and get a picture .. well that and see Petra beat the crap outta Woz again.
Tomas Berdych prefers to romp around with skinny airheaded bimbos. Presently he's hooked up with some model. I don't think Petra would give him the time of day as far as romance is concerned. She's happy with her zajiček.
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #38
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Or we could have her bark like a Basenji
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM   #39
country flag harddriveone

harddriveone is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just watched all of Petra's matches with the new racquet. i'm convinced that it has wrecked her timing somewhat. Watch almost any of her matches, even losing ones from last year, and you'll see the difference. She's fighting the new one. Sabatini wrecked her career just when she was about to ascend to the top (she had beaten Graf seven times in a row) by changing racquets. She was never the same again, her confidence gone. The racquet manufacturers are generally bad news, always pushing hard by touting 'more control, more power' for everything that they hawk. Kotyza had better wake up to this.
harddriveone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 03:27 PM   #40
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by harddriveone View Post
i'm convinced that it has wrecked her timing somewhat.
Bad news. I also noticed much worse timing but I thought it's just a result of not enough hours spent in the training at the end of year. But you might be totally right about the change of racquet.
vendulkabendulka is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM   #41
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've just watched all of Petra's matches with the new racquet. i'm convinced that it has wrecked her timing somewhat. [] The racquet manufacturers are generally bad news, always pushing hard by touting 'more control, more power' for everything that they hawk. Kotyza had better wake up to this.
Maybe part of this break has been to give her more time to get accustomed to the new racquet?
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM   #42
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we had established that it was a paint job, and not a new racquet really.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 04:29 PM   #43
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've just watched all of Petra's matches with the new racquet. i'm convinced that it has wrecked her timing somewhat. Watch almost any of her matches, even losing ones from last year, and you'll see the difference. She's fighting the new one. Sabatini wrecked her career just when she was about to ascend to the top (she had beaten Graf seven times in a row) by changing racquets. She was never the same again, her confidence gone. The racquet manufacturers are generally bad news, always pushing hard by touting 'more control, more power' for everything that they hawk. Kotyza had better wake up to this.
Much as I adore Gabby, this says more about the problems Steffi was having around that time than it does about Sabatini or her racquets.
bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM   #44
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
Much as I adore Gabby, this says more about the problems Steffi was having around that time than it does about Sabatini or her racquets.
This.

Let's not get carried away with Sabitini's victories over Graf during that period. Steffi was losing to all type of mugs and top 10-20 players she usually had for lunch at the time.

On another note, I also have a wait and see attitude on the alledged "new racket".

The question would be, "is Petra and her team dumb enough to change rackets after such a successful year, and not do a paint over? And if so, did they/are they, giving her enough time to get acclimated to it, or go back the older one?

The bottom line is, if she has a new racket, what are the benefits to Petra? And if they're are none, then the racket manufacturer can't stop her from doing a paint over of the old one.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM   #45
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
I thought we had established that it was a paint job, and not a new racquet really.
Apparently you (yes I'm sure there are others as well) think it's a "paint job" and not a new racquet. Which - no matter how you want to sugarcoat it - is tantamount to saying that Kvitova is willing to lie publicly for financial gain. It's also tantamount to saying that Wilson execs are incredibly stupid.