discussion over 2012 tipping calendar - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:09 AM   #16
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: discussion over 2012 tipping calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
I don't think time zones are problems.

If time zones are problems, one can choose to play whichever tournament they want in a given week to try to avoid the time zone or simply skip that tournament.

For example,
1. Hold tournaments in both Doha and Bogota,
2. Players choose to participate in 1 of the 2 tournaments,
3. Players are not allowed to play both tournaments
This wouldn't make a difference, because Doha and Bogota are very different in terms of points you can win at each; also, the main issue is the fact that about half of all Premier events are held in or very close to Europe and they provide the chance to win the most points, or miss out on a lot of points.

But as Sam noticed well, since we allow tipping per round now, I wonder if this is even an issue anymore.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #17
country flag hessie

hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold

I don't have a problem with the time zones, you just need to adjust!!... It was only my first season of tipping this year. But i really liked the way it was run. And dont really think that there should be any changes from how it was done this year. Except for ma re's suggest of extending the points for the 8th-12th placed getters! i think thats a great idea

TT D: 76 (High:18) 2014: (MD:28-26)(Q:1-5). Overall -(159-153).
Titles: 5. (2012: Versmold, Poitiers. 2013: Dothan, St. Petersburg. 2014: Poitiers)
Grand Slams: AUS: 3rd (R/UP), RG: 3rd (2nd), WIM: 1st (1st), US: 1st (1st)
hessie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #18
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

I dont consider time zone as a issue...
But what I think is that we should have as many tournament as possible to provide more variety for a player to choose to play, some players might want to me a MM queen to qualify for Bali, especially at the end of the year, but I think it might not be practical because we may not have enough managers and players and so on...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #19
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm too traditional, but I think the old calendar was good. And we should keep the same calendar next year.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #20
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesley View Post
Maybe I'm too traditional, but I think the old calendar was good. And we should keep the same calendar next year.
Well, it seems like everything will stay pretty much the same so you don't have to worry

HOWEVER... I've noticed in this early version of 2012 calendar, that Birmingham is the only IS event which will be played alone, as if, the only event of it's week, while other IS events are either played simultaniously with a Premier or with another IS tournament.

This brings out a question - should we stick to the old rules and settle for just 8 IS events next year, or should we play all 15 but allow players to pick just one to participate in during those 7 weeks which hold 2 IS events each. This would require 7 additional managers, but I think it could be arranged.
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #21
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of

I'm with Beesley.
What we had this year was fine by me.
But I don't object to shifts from one tourney to another one if on the same week.
2010- Tipping: Winner-Generali Ladies Linz;
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #22
country flag ma re

OK then, we'll leave everything as it was so far, but no moderator should complain about a player posting per round instead of per day, or even worse, forbid it. Btw, 2012 calendar is officially out, so our tipping 2012 calendar thread will be open in a matter of hours.
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 03:12 AM   #23
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy with the 2012 calendar
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote