Sabine in Bali 2011 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #31
country flag SeMany

SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold SeMany is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sabine in Bali 2011

echt toll- petko und sabine beenden die saison mit top 10 bzw 15 platzierungen...wenn sabine gesund bleibt und gut in down under spielt sind die top 10 mehr als wahrscheinlich
SeMany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #32
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

It was sooo nice to finally see Bine smiling that much on court again today!!!
Especially the smiles after her challenges were so cute!!
Missed it so much over the last month!
Plus her reaching rank 15...
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #33
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andman View Post
It was sooo nice to finally see Bine smiling that much on court again today!!!
Especially the smiles after her challenges were so cute!!
Missed it so much over the last month!
Plus her reaching rank 15...
you put my thoughts in words

her smiles yesterday were even brighter than before, if it took a load of her mind moving on from all the bad experiences last weeks.

Our sunshine is back

Hope she can go through today cause I'm not able to watch her game eg. medina (work is calling) and that she finally will play tomorrow again
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #34
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for her to reach the Top 15 and how about that serve? Here it is on You Tube

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #35
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

I couldn't see the ball! Neither could Dani!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #36
country flag Ian Aberdon

So 36 64 04ret. She had better not think of playing again with lower back problems. I didn't see all of the match unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately!) By all accounts AMG was rather bitchy; I think she thought Sabs was laying on the injury a bit. Not how I see it - Sabs tried her best to play through the injury, but lower back is only going to get worse. I know this from personal experience (albeit football not tennis!)

Is that the first time Sabs has actually retired mid match?

It's been a strange bittersweet season!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #37
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post

It's been a strange bittersweet season!
Indeed

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #38
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Bittersweet especially after another sad match like this, but to think where she was in March, to where she is now, she is still comeback player of the year

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #39
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
Yes, her back issue could well have been a lack of recent matchplay. But I would question the wisdom of playing a 3rd place playoff if she is suffering from lower back problems. I suffer on & off from that from time to time, & it can restrict movement, especially playing sport.
I think it could be caused by her current level of fitness. I agree with you that it should be a major purpose just to play some matches and have fun on court, with results being only secondary. And actually, the interview she gave "Bild" bothered me more than her matches. But she's ALWAYS ambitious on court and everybody who has seen her match against Zvonareva in Paris knows how she struggles with retiring. Anyway, I guess she had some pretty relaxing days on Bali and maybe she stays a little bit longer on that beautiful piece of earth.
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #40
country flag Ian Aberdon

Will be interesting to see whether her back problems started during the match, or when she woke up on the morning of this match. Could the catalyst have been that 203kph serve yesterday? Maybe not immediately, but that it (the effort of serving as powerfully as that) caused a gradual deterioration of her back? It appears she was struggling from the off vs. AMG. We'll see what she says in pressers, Twitter or Facebook. At the very least, she'll blog something on the WTA site.

That's four tournaments on the spin that illness/injury issues have afflicted our girl. Hopefully the end of the season will see her fully recharged for 2012.

A strange old season - 3 titles, Wimbledon fairytale, a good US series...but then illness/injury from China.I wish Sabs could steer clear of injury/illness issues - but maybe that's the way it's going to be for her. Maybe she's more prone to such issues than other players. In which case, to rise this year to finish up 15 in the world from 218 not so long ago is one hell of an effort!! Not in her wildest dreams could Sabine have predicted ending up at No.15.

Old Nov 5th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #41
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

tournament website:
Quote:
She admitted after struggling in her opening match that it was difficult to get back into a rhythm again, and her body also protested at the strain.
AP:
Quote:
she took painkillers before the match
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #42
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ah well......enjoy the party Sabine - believe it's tonight. But stay off the dancefloor! (Actually given the time difference I would imagine the party has taken place...unless Sabs is making it a late night in the fleshpots of Bali!! )

Old Nov 5th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #43
country flag CillyUltra

@WTA:
Sabine Lisicki, with dress designer Rico, before the #WTABali Players Party.
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #44
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

In the wta live scoring app the match for rank three is No longer sceduled. So it seems Sabine isnt going to play today. Well,let's hope so. She should rest and recover.
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #45
country flag Ian Aberdon

Poor Dani! I'll bet she was thinking of the beach & not having to play tennis again this season!

Still, a sad but necessary decision by Sabs. The end of the season, why risk further damage to your back? Hopefully the off season will see her fully recharged.

She's due to play a couple of exhibitions in Dec - Bahamas & China (the latter Li Na Homecoming). Apart from that, stay away from tennis & rest up - at least for a little while!