Will Sam win a Grand Slam next year? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Sam win a Grand Slam next year?

Yes 26 55.32%
No 12 25.53%
Too early to call 9 19.15%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 25th, 2010, 02:56 AM   #1
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future
Will Sam win a Grand Slam next year?

Australian Open: Semi Final
French Open: Winner
Wimbeldon: 3rd Round
US Open: 4th Round
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2010, 03:23 AM   #2
country flag Wedgie619

Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of
Re: Will Sam win a Grand Slam next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_the_greek View Post
Australian Open: Semi Final
French Open: Winner
Wimbeldon: 3rd Round
US Open: 4th Round
If this is your view on the best results for Sam at each slam... She reached the QF at this year's US Open!!!

AO: Win
RG: Win
Wim: QF
US: SF
Semi/Quarter Finalist: YEC (09), Linz (07)/ Australian Open (09), Wimbledon (09)
Wedgie619 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 04:12 AM   #3
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedgie619 View Post
If this is your view on the best results for Sam at each slam... She reached the QF at this year's US Open!!!

depends what kind of draw she gets and its not her preferred surface either, i predict worst case scenario she will be eliminated in round 4..hopefully she can go all the way though
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #4
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Well anything can happen between now and next year. It also depends on draws and stuff. I think she can win one next year, most likely RG, although Id love her to win AO
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 04:17 AM   #5
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

That would be amazing if Sam won the AO, but I don't think she will - prove me wrong.
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 05:44 AM   #6
country flag IamSian
Fanatic

IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light IamSian is a glorious beacon of light

I would really love her to win the AO but i think that the FO will be her best opportunity to win one
IamSian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #7
country flag Wedgie619

Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of

LOL I didn't read the "next year" part of the question...

I picked what her best result would be throughout her career...

Thats not to say she can't do all that next year though
Semi/Quarter Finalist: YEC (09), Linz (07)/ Australian Open (09), Wimbledon (09)
Wedgie619 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #8
country flag Drine

Drine has disabled reputation

I agree with the majority here, it would be awesome for Sam to hold the trophy in Melbourne, but her best chances remain at RG considering her results there the past two years
Drine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #9
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedgie619 View Post

That might be the most optimistic thing I have ever read.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #10
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

My prediction is:

AO: SF
RG: WIN
WIM: 4th
USO: SF

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #11
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

Sam's best chance of a Slam is the Australian or the French.

Australian Open - beloved hard court, slower surface than USO, home crowd.

French Open - she can beat anyone on red clay.
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #12
country flag bojanjj

bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice bojanjj is just really nice

I hopeeee, but I'm not sure
bojanjj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #13
country flag Mindy the bunny.

Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice

Mah predikshuns:

Wim: Win
US: Win
Mindy the bunny. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #14
country flag mcb

mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold mcb is a splendid one to behold

Mindy has anyone injected any funny substance in your carrots...?
mcb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #15
country flag Mindy the bunny.

Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice Mindy the bunny. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
Mindy has anyone injected any funny substance in your carrots...?
Yeah, you probably you daft ape Gotta fink positive innit. It's mah job as the mascot to be supportive (if not realistic hahaha) *hops off*
Mindy the bunny. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote