Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #151
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future
Re: Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

I must say I think some of the scores at this exho are odd. What happened to the days when you split sets to entertain the audience and then played for real in the third? I mean who wants to pay to see two blow-out sets at an exhibition? Looks to me like at least Sam gave the crowd their money's worth in Singapore.

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #152
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
I kind of thought she'd been knocked out for good yesterday, so this is a nice bonus

Good to finish the tournament on a positive, and especially given her problems with three set matches at the start of the year, it's nice to see her come back from a deficit in the third. I wish there were streams or highlights for these matches so we could know what was going on, and how seriously we should take the results.
From the sparse comments filtering through I got the feeling that the matches were pretty good and fun to watch, but maybe that's just because the Singapore fans don't generally get to see a lot of tennis. But as Sideropyre said, it's only an exho so we probably shouldn't read anything too much into the results. In any case I think Sam was pretty satisfied at getting a couple of warm-up matches against good players just a couple of weeks before the Aus season starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderophyre View Post
I must say I think some of the scores at this exho are odd. What happened to the days when you split sets to entertain the audience and then played for real in the third? I mean who wants to pay to see two blow-out sets at an exhibition? Looks to me like at least Sam gave the crowd their money's worth in Singapore.
She sure did! TBH so did Flavia, with her two 3-setters and a tight 2-set final. But the one-sidedness of some of the results was weird, you're right. From that perspective it was maybe a pity that Flavia was drawn against Dani in the QF, Dani is usually also good for some great competitive matches.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 02:11 AM   #153
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

I have tickets to Rod Laver on Australian Open 1st week's Thursday night, which is usually 3rd round action. I'm just praying that I get to watch Sam play!

I always get RLA night session tickets (after work) and in the past got to watch Dokic (twice), Tomic (twice), Federer vs Simon, Henin vs Dementieva, but never Sam.
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM   #154
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisforadults View Post
I have tickets to Rod Laver on Australian Open 1st week's Thursday night, which is usually 3rd round action. I'm just praying that I get to watch Sam play!

I always get RLA night session tickets (after work) and in the past got to watch Dokic (twice), Tomic (twice), Federer vs Simon, Henin vs Dementieva, but never Sam.
I've got RLA night session tickets for the first four days. You'd think Sam has *got* to be playing in at least one of those sessions.

If she gets knocked out first round in a day match I will cry.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote