Caroline finished as a no.1 for the second year in a row - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #1
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Caroline finished as a no.1 for the second year in a row

Some stats for the history books!

This year again Caroline showed she is a real no.1 not letting anyone grab her position. There were ups and downs but Woz is like a boomerang - always comes back after being thrown away

Hopefully the success will continue in 2012 and years to come.

So, which moment of her 2011 campaign did you find the most exciting?

I personally would go for match against Bartoli in Indian Wells.

PS: This is supposed to be an APPRECIATION thread. If you wish to come up with something else, plese re-direct to GM.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #2
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline finished as a no.1 for the second year in a row

I´m so happy for her..plus $4 million will buy a lot of handbags

Whatever happens, she has the money in the bank and will have almost 70 weeks of being #1 by the AO. Maybe that will give her the confidence to make some bigger changes some day

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #3
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

It absolutely saddens me that more people talk about this in GM than in her own forum.... I´m really disappointed in a few people tonight, sorry.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #4
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think its a great accomplishment to be YE #1 for two years in a row, and be #1 for 51 weeks in a calendar year.
I think 2012 goals should be
1] at least 2 slam semis, of course win that major if possible.
2] Stay in the mix for #1. Its very hard to be YE #1 for 3 in a row.
3] Better results at FO & Wimbledon. Be a strong factor at all 4 majors
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #5
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Was the No. 1 ceremony shown on TV no pics to find yet?

Atleast 68 weeks No. 1 is good, my highlight this year was the IW Title.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #6
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post

No, Eurosport didn't show it. I hope some Turkish TV showed it at least and somebody uploads it to Youtube.

Caro's been tweeting about celebrating, good for her

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #7
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I'm happy for Caro that she'll finish the year as #1 again, but unless she surprises me in a positive way tomorrow - beats Petra and goes on to finish the year with a really good YEC result - I think the way it has happened this year is less satisfying than last year.
Last year Caro grabbed the #1 ranking by really dominating the tour from Montreal to YEC. This year she had a very good spring but after she returned to Europe to start the clay season her results have been mediocre. She has lost about 3000 ranking points since her peak and only managed to defend her #1 spot because the other contenders have been unstable as well.
Sorry for sounding a bit gloomy. The undeniable fact is that Caro for the second year in a row is the player in the world who has won the most points which is an incredible achievement.

Congratulations, Caro!
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #8
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
PS: This is supposed to be an APPRECIATION thread. If you wish to come up with something else, plese re-direct to GM.
Hey, I can play nice!

For me the highlight, and I am kind of cheating a bit, was the run she had after losing the Australian Open semi-final. After what had to be a devastating loss for her there was quite a bit of speculation that she might go into a slump. Her next three tournaments were a win (Dubai), final (Doha) and another win (Indian Wells). After that she had an early exit in Miami but then won Charleston and made the final in Stuttgart. Quite an impressive run!

She kind of had a similar run after her 2010 loss in the US Open semi-final. Wins in Tokyo and Beijing and a final at the YEC.

She has proven in the past that she can bounce back from adversity and I hope to see that again early in 2012.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #9
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

CaroWozniacki
Celebrating my second consecutive year as number one with my team a very proud and memorable moment!

WTAKatie
Nice touch - Anna Wozniacki is presented with flowers during the No.1 trophy presentation for @CaroWozniacki #YearendNo.1 #GoCaro #wtachamps

rennaestubbs
congrats 2 @CaroWozniacki 4 achieving the #1 ranking 2 yrs running. Tennis is about hitting between the lines & no 1 did it better in 2011

PatrikWoz
@CaroWozniacki ends 2011 as number 1 in the world for the second year in a row!! Congratulations. I'm a very proud brother

MardyFish
@CaroWozniacki Congrats Wozzy!

Congrats Caro

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Oct 26th, 2011 at 11:51 PM.
CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #10
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

For pics like this Rolex will pay her extra in Bonus!

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:06 AM   #11
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Super happy for Caroline... Clinching the second consecutive YE#1 means a lot to her, and makes for a nice close to the season for us...

Anything after this will be icing on the cake...

Finally we can relax and take the last (hopefully 3) matches in a much more relaxed mood.

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:07 AM   #12
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post

Still searching... must be video somewhere...
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #13
gdmirou

gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all

Congratulations, Sunshine!
gdmirou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #14
country flag Crockett

Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
PS: This is supposed to be an APPRECIATION thread.
This a great achievement by Caroline. Out of a bunch of serious contenders for this honor, she has proven that she is the best contender.

Quote:
If you wish to come up with something else, plese re-direct to GM.
Posting in GM would be an exaggeration. The thing to do is to open a different thread in this forum.
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #15
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome for the Woz! But I think with this in the bag 2 years in a row, the #1 ranking should really stop being a top priority for her.

Go get dem slams now, baby!
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote