Don't you just feel like trying to play 'beautiful tennis' is a total waste of time? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 02:49 PM   #1
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Don't you just feel like trying to play 'beautiful tennis' is a total waste of time?

I had an argument with my new tennis coach today, because he was praising a ridicolous pusher who never had a chance against me in all of the matches we've played because his game was more natural and more suited to clay (we were playing in clay). I play a game suited to fast court with very fast racquethead speed and hes NEVER said anything good about it. Even in clay I blow that pusher out of the court. So the question is, don't you think that trying to play pretty tennis is a total waste of time? The more efficient, the better.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 07:02 PM   #2
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future
Re: Don't you just feel like trying to play 'beautiful tennis' is a total waste of ti

(I've missed your presnece on TF, Sammo)

I think there's a connection between "pretty tennis" and "good technique." I mean one of my favorite junior players has terrible-looking strokes, but it's efficient. At the same time, I don't really see her lasting long as a pro with those strokes (if she does turn pro).

IMO, aggressive games don't necessarily make pretty tennis because it relies on brute force sometimes and is prone to uglier UE's. So sometimes, pretty tennis isn't a waste of time...

Pretty tennis translates best on clay, though. All the stroke production, fine touch, etc., is needed most on clay. I think that's something your coach doesn't notice.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 07:40 PM   #3
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Don't you just feel like trying to play 'beautiful tennis' is a total waste of ti

Aw, thank you both for the answer and for the statement.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #4
country flag farahnaz783

farahnaz783 is an unknown quantity at this point

well tennis is a good game i don,t know about you but i spend my most of the time in playing of tennis and arantxa rus is one of my most favorite celebrity and one of the top celebrity of tennis she get many achievements in international titles so i follow her and now i can play better tennis ....
farahnaz783 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 11:31 PM   #5
country flag LuvSerena?MeToo

LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light LuvSerena?MeToo is a glorious beacon of light

No not at all. everything i do is beautiful
LuvSerena?MeToo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #6
country flag wowpops

wowpops is an unknown quantity at this point

hi.everyone happy to this site.

------------------------------------------------

Diablo 3 Gold
Diablo 3 News
Diablo 3 Power Leveling
wowpops is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #7
country flag sunflower100

sunflower100 is an unknown quantity at this point

No I don't. Doing everything good and beautiful.. is a matter for me
sunflower100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #8
country flag pheobe green

pheobe green is an unknown quantity at this point

No, Pretty tennis translates best on clay, though. All the stroke production, fine touch, etc., is needed most on clay. I think that's something your coach doesn't notice.
pheobe green is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #9
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Well depends. What do you define as "beautiful tennis"??

And I, myself have a pretty ugly game (Sometimes BBB or Ultimate Pusher)

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #10
country flag GavinMcGuire

GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire GavinMcGuire

A player should play a solid game, and only then the game becomes beautiful
GavinMcGuire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote