2011 SEWTA Istanbul YEC Players Party CANCELLED (Terrorism) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 09:38 PM   #16
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 SEWTA Istanbul YEC Players Party CANCELLED (Terrorism)

I'm not sure if the OP is being totally responsible here (because his/her link wasn't translated to English, so I couldn't read the story/link at all).

But "Terrorism", doesn't mean that the players were actually in any danger (or will be). It means out of respect for the situation, local officials, and/or the WTA felt it would be better not to have the players seen partying. It wasn't meant to protect them.

Meaning, how would it look, with wealthy out of towners celebrating, the same day/week when others are in mourning with a touchy situation? That decision can be made anywhere, by anybody. It's not necessarily indicative of Istanbul.

Apparently, the incident, took place, a long ways from Istanbul?

At least that's what I heard. I hope that helps/my two cents.

Ironically, most of the players, are not even in town yet. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Please, let's not scare people unnecessarily!!! So what if they miss a party (and how are we so sure they will)?

They still got a few days, to change their mind, if they thought better of it. Who knows?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 09:42 PM   #17
country flag Nicolas

Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Here's a new tweet. Doesnt sound like a terrorism situation

ipeksenogluIpek Senogl

@CaroWozniacki and her mother trying some of Turkish Food with me! not sure who liked it more! http://yfrog.com/nvn50jbj
Senoglu as an hostess? hopefully she does a better job as she does on the courts....

Last edited by Nicolas : Oct 21st, 2011 at 10:00 PM.
Nicolas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 09:55 PM   #18
country flag Frozenn

Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of Frozenn has much to be proud of

There is no threat for İstanbul. Players party cancelled for mourning(it's not confirmed yet, still a rumor). These days many cultural and sporting events cancelled, TV stations rescheduled their programs in wake of the death of 24 soldiers. Sad days for us.
Frozenn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM   #19
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sensing this is a fitting start to what will be a complete mess of a YEC.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:12 PM   #20
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Will this FINALLY teach the WTA to take more things into consideration when they're deciding who to give tournaments to other than who's offering the most money? I'm pretty sure the stands are going to be near-empty the whole week too.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:13 PM   #21
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Ipek Senoglu tweeted 30 mins ago that it hasn't been cancelled for security reasons, but rather in respect for the people killed by the terrorists in Turkey. All celebrations across Turkey have been cancelled.
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:18 PM   #22
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:24 PM   #23
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Will this FINALLY teach the WTA to take more things into consideration when they're deciding who to give tournaments to other than who's offering the most money? I'm pretty sure the stands are going to be near-empty the whole week too.
please the wta still has a big tournament in dubai with peer playing it on outside courts and moved around by body guards. that is when she can actually get a visa lol. i think it is obvious the WTA put money over everything. oh and what does the wta do to try and resolve and punish this, fine dubai and take more money

money>>>>>>>>tennis history, crowds, players safety

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:28 PM   #24
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the security will be fine. Even the WTA is not that dumb (over money).

Well, I am interested in seeing the crowds.

I wonder if it will be crowded, even if they give the tickets away. Lol

Stay tuned?
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:43 PM   #25
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine if those planes hit the NYC buildings one week earlier.
The USO would have been canceled right in the middle. Players would be in NY, not allowed to leave or play.
That terrorism happened in NYC the Tuesday after the final of the USO

You dont know where or when terrorists attack.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:52 PM   #26
country flag Lucas_Arg

Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Tickets are sold out for the whole week! It will be packed and the place is HUGE
Lucas_Arg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 11:36 PM   #27
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Arg View Post
Tickets are sold out for the whole week! It will be packed and the place is HUGE
If True.

That's good to know!!
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 11:51 PM   #28
country flag Feyd

Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future

Quote:
Will anyone teach you not to talk about the issues you don't have a clue about?

There isn't a threat in Istanbul. The terrorist attack happened in a border city (Hakkari) which is 800 miles away from Istanbul.
Feyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 11:54 PM   #29
country flag SwingVolley93

SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute

Turkish people love their tennis
SwingVolley93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 12:17 AM   #30
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Arg View Post
Well, I'll be happily proved wrong, but it being 'sold out' isn't NECESSARILY an indicator that the crowds will be full - the corporate sponsors of tournaments like this often block-buy tickets to give to employees (who don't actually accept the tickets) if they're struggling to sell, to avoid negative publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Will anyone teach you not to talk about the issues you don't have a clue about?

There isn't a threat in Istanbul. The terrorist attack happened in a border city (Hakkari) which is 800 miles away from Istanbul.
Your point is? When did I ever say I thought the terrorist attack WAS in Istanbul?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote