Week 16: ART San Diego: Mercury Insurance Open - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #226
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Week 16: ART San Diego: Mercury Insurance Open

slut
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #227
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Quarter-Finals

Venus Williams (USA) vs. (16) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(16) Kuznetsova

(16) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) DEF. Venus Williams (USA)
6-3, 6-4

No one can say that Williams hasn't had a fantastic run and tournament here but I'm afraid the Russian is in fantastic form and proved to be too strong for the American. Williams gave it her all, but Kuznetsova outclassed the fiesty American who couldn't find a way through the wall and ox. Williams loos set and ready for the US Series but can a Russian take the title here?

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #228

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Quarter-Finals

(4) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) vs. Alison Riske
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Riske

Alison Riske (USA) DEF. (4) Ana Ivanovic (SRB)
6-4, 6-7 (2), 6-3

In a match that everyone thought the Serb was bound to take Riske took it all. She certainly has been the star and darling of the tournament, and no one could have askd any more of her. All her hard work has paid off and we are seeing a star emerge in front of our very eyes on the ART Tour. Riske really did take risks and though she could have closed out the match in the second set, she didn't let it get her down and fought like a true champion. Bad luck for the Serb. Ivanovic played exceptional and we saw a fantastic, high quality match, but something has taken over Riske at the moment which is certainly not human!!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #229

Quarter-Finals

Melanie Oudin (USA) vs. (2) Nadia Petrova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(2) Petrova

(2) Nadia Petrova (RUS) DEF. Melanie Oudin (USA)
6-4, 7-5

Nadia Petrova has been on a woman on a mission and looks to have completed her goal of becoming World No.1! Oudin played a good match, but it wasn't enough against the Russian who at times looked like a woman on a assassin mission. Her ground strokes were lethal and her winners were second to none!! Nadia looked very emotinal after the match and looks set to be the new World No.1 after the rankins come out next week!! Congratulations Nadia!!!

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Oct 1st, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #230

Quarter-Finals complete!!!

Congratulations to Kvitova, Kuzzy, Riske and Petrova!!

Petrova looks to be our new World No.1! Can't wait to see how the players will react to this!! Looking forward to some articles!!!

Kvitova, Kuzzy and Riske on a role!!

What a tournament for home girl Riske too!! Nice play

Ok Doubles Round 2 will be up tomorrow and the Doubles Quarter-Finals!!!

Semi-Finals will follow on Saturday, with the Finals on Sunday in both!!!!

Keep the articles coming!!!!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #231

And moodin don't know why Alison's avatar keeps going off but I will get it sorted!!!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #232
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Mel Still a great week though and no harm losing to the new world #1!

Congrats Nadia on becoming #1! Get you next time (next round )

Riske baby!! Now get vengeance for Mel! No one beats my players consecutively!!

Articles to be written AFTER the tournament
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #233
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Nadia

Anna

First Nadia's comment after match.

Quote:
I'm speechless. I really don't know how it's happened. I mean Anna was #1 since 1st tournaments and it will be great honor to replace her as world rankings leader.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #234
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova d. Medina Garrigues

Here is the full match report, the match started with a sour taste when the Umpire Kader Nouni asked anabel what she would like heads or tails and her reply was 'suprise me'. They warmed up and then for the first point every shot anabel played was a hot dog, the crowd loved it but Petra was angry she then hit anabel of the court. Anabel then wanted to give Kader Nouni a code violation for being ugly, so he gave her and code violation for not trying, Anabel then smacked a ball at Petra who dodged, Anabel then sat down for 10 mins and refused to play because she said it was raining, the weather today was clear skies... Kader Nouni said if she did not play Anabel would forfeit the match, Anabel replyed with 'does your wife know what your were doing last night'. A clearly shaken and nervous Kader told Petra to quit complaining. Petra served out the match with 4 aces, while anabel chatted a member of the crowd up. Petra won the match but went to the net to shake hands and Anabel had already gone, 5 mins later she was seen checking in at the airport, without any luggage and still in her tennis clothes, she wanted to leave desperately.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #235
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Doubles Quarter Finals

Vera Zvonareva (RUS) and Petra Kvitova (CZE) def. (1) Maria Sharapova (RUS) and Jelena Jankovic (SRB) 6-2 6-2
In what seems like a complete mirror reflection of their last match, the number 1 seeds were no match for Vera and Petra today. Such a great tournament from Petra

Sabine Lisicki (GER) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) def. Anne Keothavong (GBR) and Patty Schnyder (SUI) 7-6(1) 6-3
A great match with high quality tennis, but in the end the German-Russian pair looked sharp with their tactics and looked the more together team.

Christina Mchale and Alison Riske (USA) def. Jie Zheng (CHN) and Shuai Peng (CHN)7-5 2-6 6-2
What a fantastic match, Christina and Alison make an awesome pair and really showed why they are the future talent of ART defeating a really credible team in the Chinese !! Jie and Shuai were close but they will learn from this and come back stronger.

Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ) and Vania King (USA) def. (2) Heather Watson and Laura Robson (GBR) 6-2 6-3
The youngsters looked out of place today and didnt produce their best tennis but Yaroslava and Vania really are a dangerous team and look like they can beat anyone on their day, congrats
[/color]

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #236
country flag GOATdin0931

Riske and Christina!!

Riske in semis in both events
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #237
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine/Kuznetsova :
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #238
country flag GOATdin0931

Semis and finals today?
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #239

Hey guys the Singles Semi-Finals will be tomorrow! My internet connection has been down all weekend and I've only just got it back!! At least the Doubles has been posted and everything has caught up!! Thanks no-hay-igual, and see everyone tomorrow for the Semi-Finals!!

Serena Williams
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 04:22 PM   #240

Singles Semi-Finals coming up soon

Serena Williams