Week 16: ART San Diego: Mercury Insurance Open - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #196
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Week 16: ART San Diego: Mercury Insurance Open

I had Bojana Jovanvski, Lauren Davis and Sloane Stephens. I would love to start playing with those players again next tournament
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #197
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic2008 View Post
I had Bojana Jovanvski, Lauren Davis and Sloane Stephens. I would love to start playing with those players again next tournament
No problem!!

Round 3/R16 coming up!

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #198

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Round 3/R16

(1) Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. Petra Kvitova (CZE)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Kvitova

Petra Kvitova (CZE) DEF. (1) Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
6-2, 6-4

There's certainly something about Petra, as she ousted the World No.1 in straight sets. Chakvetadze looked nervy out on court today and nothing seemed to connect. The Czech was fearless through out the whole match and never looked back. When the Czech plays in this kind of form, not even the World No.1 can stand up to her! The question is, will Anna remain as the World No.1 this week, or will Petrova take over and become the tour's second World No.1?

Serena Williams
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #199

Round 3/R16

(12) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. (7) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(7) Medina Garrigues

(7) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) DEF. (12) Jelena Jankovic (SRB)
4-6, 6-3, 6-3

The Spaniard who has caused quite a stir since her comeback did not fail to disappoint the fans today with an array of beautiful slices and hefty rallies. Though the attitude will never change, this Spaniard has to be admired for the different arsenal of technique and shots that she possesses in her game. Jelena played well, but let Garrigues get into her head, which became her ultimate downfall.

Serena Williams
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #200

Round 3/R16

Venus Williams (USA) vs. (11) Maria Sharapova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
V.Williams

V.Williams (USA) DEF. (11) Maria Sharapova (RUS)
7-6 (0), 4-6, 6-4

In a battle of the titans, both women refused to give in. In an opening set that lasted shy of an hour, both women played some amazingly, silly rallies that at times made spectators look as if they were to faint at the sheer length of drama. Though the Russian stormed back in the second set, getting an early break as the American found it hard to recover. The third set would play completely even until Sharapova's serve fell apart at 4-4, as the American served confidently in the final game for the win. These two have already created a rivalry for themselves and I'm sure as the next tournament comes along both women will relish the opportunity to play each other again! Some jaw dropping tennis! :O

Serena Williams
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #201

Round 3/R16

(16) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. Anne Kremer (LUX)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(16) Kuznetsova

(16) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) DEF. Anne Kremer (LUX)
6-0, 6-0

The Russian was in too good form today. Her power was second to none, while her desire and intensity in the match was just on another level. Kuzzy will be hard to stop!!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #202

Round 3/R16

(4) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) vs. Mandy Minella (LUX)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(4) Ivanovic

(4) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) DEF. Mandy Minella (LUX)
7-6 (8)* CT, 2-6, 6-4

In another thriller to end the day session, Minella played the best anyone had ever seen, and really seems to be improving in confidence with the more wins she gets under her belt, though it was too good off the Serb today. After cliiping the first set with some devastating forehand winners, the Serb slumped in the second set and gave Minella a foothold into the match. But the Serb regrouped in the final set to run away with the match and a place in the Quarter-Finals!!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #203
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

You going to post doubles?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #204

Round 3/R16

Kim Clijsters (BEL) vs. Alison Riske (USA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Riske

Alison Riske (USA) DEF. Kim Clijsters (BEL)
6-3, 4-6, 6-3

The young American again showed more promise to the future prospect she could be for American tennis as she outlasted the great Kim Clijsters to advance through to the Quarter-Finals. At times it looked as if the momentum was with Clijsters, but Riske just wouldn't go away! Riske in many ways outpowered Kim in the final set and moved her around the court point after point. Clijsters was forced into a defensive game but nothing paid off as the aggressive American took everything for herself. Impressive play off the American. Nice to see some Americans doing well during the US Open Series and before their home Grand Slam Tournament!

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #205

Last two matches will be later tonight for the evening session!!

Well done to all the winners!!

If the Doubles are not done by the end of today then I will post all Doubles tomorrow

Serena Williams
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #206
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

at Kuznetsova winning both of her matches 6-0,6-0 .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #207
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Anabel winning again will post article soon.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #208
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Oudin night match

And Alicat!!

Win the title
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #209

Okay night session coming up

Mel vs. Claudine and Yaroslava vs. Nadia!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #210
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

^And doubles?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote