Week 16: ART San Diego: Mercury Insurance Open - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #181
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all
Re: Week 16: ART San Diego: Mercury Insurance Open

Round 2/R32

(8) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) vs. Melanie Oudin (USA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Oudin

Melanie Oudin (USA) DEF. (8) Victoria Azarenka (BLR)
6-2, 6-1

Melanie Oudin did nothing but right today. Her choice of play and shots was exceptional as the Belarus got more and more bad tempered as the match went on. Vika couldn't find a way out there today and a major factor in her game play that is letting her down is her attitude. Get it sorted Vika!

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Sep 24th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #182

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Round 2/R32

Claudine Schaul (LUX) vs. (9) Sabine Lisicki (GER)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Schaul

Claudine Schaul (LUX) DEF. (9) Sabine Lisicki (GER)
6-3, 7-6 (7)

The seeds seem to be dropping like flies, as another impressive Luxembourg star in Claudine Schaul impressed many today like her previous match. There was some ferocious hitting and unbelievable rallies! Schaul was too consistant and powerful for the No.9 German seed!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #183

Round 2/R32

(10) Alize Cornet (FRA) vs. Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Shvedova

Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ) DEF. (10) Alize Cornet (FRA)
6-2, 6-1

Shvedova carried on her fine form dismantling another seed, the 5th in a row to book her place into the 3rd round! Shvedova's defence was amazing, making the French woman play an extra ball to eventually make the error! Bad luck for the French woman!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #184

Round 2/R32

Serena Williams (USA) vs. (2) Nadia Petrova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(2) Petrova

(2) Nadia Petrova (RUS) DEF. Serena Williams (USA)
6-4, 3-6, 7-5

In the best battle of the day the World No.2 who is now challenging Anna Chakvetadze for the top spot was not going to be a seed denied today. The Russian really got under the skin of Williams in the final set and played some inspiring tennis to keep her dream of becoming World No.1 alive! Williams looked gutted after the match, this was a tough loss for which ever lady it would have been. Let's hope this pumps Serena up for the next tournament and US Open! Great play from Nadia!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #185

Some great play today, along with some shocking losses! Looks like some of the seeds are feeling the pressure before the US Open gets underway.

Nadia and Anna battling it out for the No.1 spot. Chakvetadze hasn't been knocked off all season yet! Will this tournament or the US Open change things?

Doubles Round 1/32 will be starting tomorrow!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #186

Round 3/R16

(1) Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. Petra Kvitova (CZE)
(12) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. (7) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
Venus Williams (USA) vs. (11) Maria Sharapova (RUS)
(16) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. Anne Kremer (LUX)

(4) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) vs. Mandy Minella (LUX)
Kim Clijsters (BEL) vs. Alison Riske (USA)
Melanie Oudin (USA) vs. Claudine Schaul (LUX)
Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ) vs. (2) Nadia Petrova (RUS)

Serena Williams
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswab22 View Post
Doubles today?
Hey sorry didn't notice your message! Doubles is starting tomorrow

Serena Williams
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #188
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Riske and Oudin!!
moodin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM   #189
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Anne Keothavong
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=)

Quote:
Nigel Sears
'Serenas serve is a wonderful action to copy, Please do not Copy Angelique Kerber's'
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:12 PM   #190
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

If you need any help posting results or anything just let me know! This is great how you do the tournament likes an actual WTA one with the results!! Happy this game is back and articles to come after Oudin and Riske win or lose.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:35 PM   #191

Hey guys I'm going to have to postpone the Doubles until Sunday and Round 3, as I'm going away tonight until Sunday morning with my tennis club! We are in the Finals of the district and it's something I can't miss as it's the end of the season!

But promise results will be up on Sunday with a double dose of everything! Sorry for the inconvenience!! :/ See everyone Sunday! In the mean time hope some more great articles can go up

Serena Williams
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:43 PM   #192
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Ok cool good luck Serena, but if you need help posting results just send me a PM
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=)

Quote:
Nigel Sears
'Serenas serve is a wonderful action to copy, Please do not Copy Angelique Kerber's'
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:02 PM   #193
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Doubles results later today But they will be done in a quicker way as we have a bit to get through here

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 10:22 PM   #194
country flag moodin0931

Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:20 PM   #195

Hi guys no-hay-igual is putting the Doubles results up at some point but I don't know when it will be! I'm back now so the Singles Round 16 will be up tomorrow!

Serena Williams