Week 16: ART San Diego: Mercury Insurance Open - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #151
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all
Re: Week 16: ART San Diego: Mercury Insurance Open

ART Tour announces Awards Ceremony celebrating it's most successful superstars at End of Year Race Championships!

Director of the ART Tour Nick Holt has confirmed that due to ART's major succcess this year, as well as being fortunate enough to have been handed an array of talented athletes, an awards presentation after the End of Year Race Championships will take place for players hard work on the tour this year.

"It's just a thank you as well as showing all the players that we do recognise and want to reward them with their talents and hard work", stated Nick.

"There are many players who have worked really hard this year on and off the court promoting the ART Tour, and I can't thank all of them more than enough. We have a different array of talents within our women's division and we want the world to know that we appreciate the efforts that many of the players make."

"It's all something for the fans too, to get behind the player that they look up to and are inspired by. It will be nothing but a night of celebration and achievement."

It certainly sounds like a night not to be missed, but rumours already seem to be going around the locker room of opinions of whom should be handed awards and trophies already. Will this feed the hunger and desire within many players this US Open Series? Who knows, but for now stay tuned.

Clijsters pleased with form

Kim Clijsters mentioned in her press conference that she always seems to come alive during the US Season swing, and has been delighted with her from thus far coming into San Diego.

"I mean ye, the past couple of days have been great. I've really found my confidence in my shot making, and I feel really physically fit at the moment. The weather conditions haven't been easy, it's been really hot and humid, but I'm glad that I have been able to finish off my matches pretty quickly."

"Of course I believe I can win. I wouldn't step out onto court if I didn't believe that I couldn't beat my opponent! There are a lot of talented girls on the ART Tour however, and anything can happen. At the end of the day it's tennis and anything can happen. One time your up, then the next you could be down again after only a couple of points."

"I'm looking extremely forward to the US Open this year. The build up to it has just been immense and I can't wait to be a part of it again."

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #152

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Round 2/R32

(1) Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. Vania King (USA)
Petra Kvitova (CZE) vs. (14) Justine Henin (BEL)
(12) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
Dinara Safina (RUS) vs. (7) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)

(5) Heather Watson (GBR) vs. Venus Williams (USA)
Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs. (11) Maria Sharapova (RUS)
(16) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. Caroline Woznaicki (DEN)
Anne Kremer (LUX) vs. (3) Laura Robson (GBR)

(4) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) vs. BYE
Mandy Minella (LUX) vs. (15) Alisa Kleybanova (RUS)
(13) Rebecca Marino (CAN) vs. Kim Clijsters (BEL)
Alison Riske (USA) vs. (6) Anne Keothavong (GBR)

(8) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) vs. Melanie Oudin (USA)
Claudine Schaul (LUX) vs. (9) Sabine Lisicki (GER)
(10) Alize Cornet (FRA) vs. Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)
Serena Williams (USA) vs. (2) Nadia Petrova (RUS)

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Sep 19th, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #153

Round 2/R32

(1) Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. Vania King (USA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(1) Chakvetadze

(1) Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) DEF. Vania King
3-6, 6-3, 7-5

The world no.1 in stunning form today.
King had no answers to her play. Outclassed today!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #154

Round 2/R32

Petra Kvitova (CZE) vs. (14) Justine Henin (BEL)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Kvitova

Petra Kvitova (CZE) DEF. (14) Justine Henin (BEL)
6-3, 6-2

The Czech was ruthless in her play. No mercy for world No.14 Henin who couldn't find a way into the match. Kvitova made some mean forehand winners!!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #155
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

Go Dinara! Beat Anabel!
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #156
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

I remember why I liked ART. 3 of the top 6 players in the world are Brits.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #157

Round 2/R32

(12) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(12) Jankovic

(12) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) DEF. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
6-4, 7-6 (6)

Jankovic fought out a tough match especially in the second set where it could have gone either way. The Serbs experience got her through in the end. Flavia defended well but didn't take her opportunities when they arose.

Serena Williams
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #158

Round 2/R32

Dinara Safina (RUS) vs. (7) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(7) Medina Garrigues

(7) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) DEF. Dinara Safina (RUS)
4-6, 6-3, 6-3

After a shaky and disappointing operner, the Spanish sensation dominated in the final two sets, while celebrating her win with a cheeky latina dance for all of her fans!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto_Jones View Post
I remember why I liked ART. 3 of the top 6 players in the world are Brits.
Haha yessss!! And one a Grand Slam Champion too Keothavong (Rolland Garros)

Serena Williams
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #160

Round 2/R32

(5) Heather Watson (GBR) vs. Venus Williams (USA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
V.Williams

Venus Williams (USA) DEF. (5) Heather Watson (GBR)
7-6 (2), 7-5

Venus Williams was in the best form of her life today. Her serve and agressive shot selection worked like a charm. The world No.5 couldn't cope with the pressure Williams greatly exerted on her. Hev's serve really let her down today!

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Sep 20th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #161

Round 2/R32

Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs. (11) Maria Sharapova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(11) Sharapova

(11) Maria Sharapova (RUS) DEF. (5) Vera Zvonareva (RUS)
2-6, 7-5, 6-4

The battle of the Russians commenced, and after a blistering start from Vera, Sharapova had no answer. After a tight second set that Vera could have won, Masha came back with a vegeance and stole the show for a clash against Venus Williams in the third round!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #162
country flag Ianto_Jones

That match was rigged.

The one between Venus and Heather...that is.

Vera should be unseeded.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #163

Round 2/R32

(16) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(16) Kuznetsova

(16) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) DEF. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)
6-0, 6-0

With Wozniacki who was unknown of whether she would be entering this tournament due to an injury sustained to her heel last week, her decision looked to be the wrong choice. She was slumpy and could hardly move out on court, giving Kuznetsova ease into the third round. Let's hope the Dane recovers for next week!

Serena Williams
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #164

Round 2/R32

Anne Kremer (LUX) vs. (3) Laura Robson (GBR)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Kremer

Anne Kremer (LUX) DEF. (3) Laura Robson (GBR)
6-4, 6-2

Kremer played out of her skin, to create the first major upset of the tournament so far. Robson really seemed to struggle out on court today and couldn't find any rythm out on court. It's the first time all season that the serve was really affected by numerous dodgy ball tosses and a heap of double faults.

Serena Williams
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #165

Congratulations to all of the winners today!

The bottom half of Round 32/2, will be tomorrow as I have to shoot off unfortunately now!

See everyone tomorrow!

Serena Williams