Karla Popovic cheering thread! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 15th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #1
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Karla Popovic cheering thread!

Another promising junior from Croatia! Last month (September 5) she turned 16 years and this week from qualifying she went to the final of Bol (10k)! Last week she was at QF of 10k Umag! With two more "1 point" wins she already accomplished recently (50k Zagreb qualifying and MD of 10k Osijek) and one win from last year, this week she was already 1090th place in the ranks! Hope she improves fastly! After all this, and considering her age I think she deserves cheering thread! Good luck Karla!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #2
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Karla Popovic cheering thread!

About juniors she is only 850th (carreer high 836th) but with only two tournaments played (one final at G5 and one R32 at G1)!

Tomorrow she plays final at Bol 10k against one more talented junior - Iva Mekovec! Good luck to both!
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #3
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
After all this, and considering her age I think she deserves cheering thread!
I agree! Thanks for starting the thread

After Umag she moved from 1233 to 1090. Even if she loses tomorrow, she'll move up quite a bit further, to ~910. Congrats!

Croatia has quite a few youngsters playing well in ITF tournaments in the past couple of months: Milas, Curic (both 1993), Pera (1994), Lukas, Mekovec, Popovic, Vlahinic (all 1995)--and, of course, Vekic (1996)
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #4
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

She won 6-2 6-7(0) 7-5 in a hard-fought final for her first title!
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #5
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ Wow! I'm sad for Iva but happy for Karla. She'll move up to ~830 in the rankings. That's a huge jump from 1233 in just three weeks

Iva will move up to ~910. Coincidentally, Karla and Iva have an identical ranking of 1090 this week.
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #6
country flag Hele.

Awesome! Congrats! Hope she will play more tournaments now!
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #7
country flag Hele.

Karla is in Dubrovnik 10k semifinal! She plays as WC and after big fight, she beat one more WC in first round - Ivana Klepic 1-6 7-6 4-1, ret. And in R2 she destroyed 2nd seed (WTA - 496th) - Martina Kubickova 6-0 6-1! In next round she plays qualifier Margarida Moura and definitely, she is the favorite! Hope she will be able to win her 8th match in the row!
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #8
country flag networthy

Dubrovnik-2 QF: Karla POPOVIC (CRO) defeated Margarida MOURA (POR) 6-3 6-4

Eighth match win in a row!

In the SF she plays the #4 seed, Caregaro. Good luck, Karla!
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #9
country flag Hele.

Well done! Now, she has not anything to lose against Caregaro. She already made good performance and her opponent is 4th seed and favorite so she can play without pressure! Good luck!
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #10
country flag Hele.

Unfortunately she lost 6-0 6-2. Well, at least she picked up some pts and will improve in ranks a little bit.
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #11
country flag networthy

^ Really too bad about the lop-sided score but it was still a good week for Karla. She'll move up ~100 spots, to ~755 from 853. Last week she was 1091 so that's a big improvement in a very short time!
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #12
country flag Hele.

This week Karla is 763th in the ranks.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #13
country flag networthy

Karla got a WC into Perin G1 this week.

In R1 she crunched the top seed, Mertens, 63 63. Mertens is #34 in the world
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #14
country flag Hele.

Great
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #15
country flag networthy

Karla is into the SFs of $10K Hvar this week:

R1: Karla POPOVIC (CRO) 6-2 6-3 Morgane PONS (FRA)
R2: Karla POPOVIC (CRO) 6-3 6-4 Martina KUBICIKOVA (CZE) [8]
QF: Karla POPOVIC (CRO) 6-1 6-2 Barbara SOBASZKIEWICZ (POL)

In the SF she plays Pera so at least it's a guaranteed Croat in the final