Has anyone been to Kerala, India? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #1
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone been to Kerala, India?

On a whim, I decided to buy a ticket to go. While I've been to India a few times, I've never ventured out into Kerala.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Old May 28th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #2
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has anyone been to Kerala, India?

The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #3
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I had to
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #4
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have. During the winter in december.
Been to Trissur where I visited the Guruvayur temple http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guruvayur_Temple
Alleppey where you have the back waters and house boats.
Also been to Kochi, Thekadi and Munnar.
Personally I loved munnar the best.
My parents hail from Karnataka, which has the typical red soil and beautiful places which are similar to Kerela.
But the back waters in Alleppey and the tea plantations in Munnar were the highlights for me.
Also, we crossed from Kerela in to Tamil Nadu to see the southern most tip of India (Kanyakumari) where there's a huge stone sculpture of Thiruvalluvar and the Swami Vivekananda Memorial.
Visited the famous rameswaram temple.
And visited the Meenakshi temple in Madhurai (famous for its silk sarees)
''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Dinara Safina & Sania Mirza
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #5
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Kerala looks incredible. I haven't been, I wish I could go now.
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #6
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Just get a pepper spray on your hands at any time, or else, if possible, a gun.
Have fun in India!
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #7
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

i went about 15 years ago

backwaters in alleppey are pretty awesome. and i believe you can do a day trip to kanyakumari (the southernmost tip of india) where 2 seas/1 ocean meet.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #8
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalil Sherman View Post
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #9
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanky~skanketta View Post
Any advice would be much appreciated.
It's a lovely place to visit if you are a swimmer/diver, nature lover and photography hobbyist like me. If you visit as a couple or family then Kerala is a great place to spend your holidays/honeymoon etc.

However:

a) make sure you time your trip accordingly (within a week, monsoon starts)
b) if you respect local sentiments then no problem. Don't listen to what fools and ignorant tribes say.
c) don't carry too much luggage (convenience), and make sure of suitable clothing (seasons)
d) since you are in India a few times then you should be knowing food etc.

If you plan to visit Kerala then consider visiting Lakshadweep Islands. Nine foreign couples in my contacts/staff had a wonderful time (honeymoon/anniversaries) at Kerala, Lakshadweep Islands and also at Andaman and Nicobar Islands. They were stunned by clean and serene places (some couldn't believe). In my experience, those are in the top 5 stunning locales in India.

I only urge you to be conscious enough towards the environment. Nothing else Few snaps of Lakshadweep:

ps: Indira Point in Nicobar Islands is the southernmost tip of India

I fell in love with Andaman and Nicobar Islands when I visited in my school days (one month NCC camp). Once again I visited this lovely place in 2007. Of course, due to geography factor, it takes more days and dough if you add this place to your itinerary. And don't forget to carry a nice camera, preferably a digital SLR with a few lenses and special filters