When did you start playing tennis? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 12:31 PM   #61
country flag May Hemme

May Hemme is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: When did you start playing tennis?

I just turned 40 and started playing this year! I can't believe it took me so long, but when I was growing up I was never around anyone who played, never even saw anyone play. Some friends invited me to an evening at the USO in 1999, and after they explained to me what was going on, I was hooked. I wasn't able to play myself for a few years for a bunch of reasons. My 10 year old has been playing for 6 years, and we used to hit together, but she used to yell at me for missing balls, so I had to start taking lessons to keep up with her. I play between 2 and 3 hours a week, and I've already improved enough that I have a decent backhand, and every day that I don't get at least a few minutes of court time, I'm bummed! Unfortunately I'm sidelined with achilles tendonits, but that's my own fault for not paying attention to the fact that I'm old and can't just start running around without some kind of warm up.
May Hemme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #62
country flag KatrinaS

KatrinaS is an unknown quantity at this point

Been playing for about 2 years... still a newbie compared to some of you guys!
KatrinaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #63
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

1985,great fun and a nice career with the chance to meet lots of lovely people.Nothing to beat the feeling of a big ace.
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote