Sabine in Linz! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #1
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute
Sabine in Linz!

Part of Sabine's draw:

LISICKI, Sabine GER v BRIANTI, Alberta ITA
BENESOVA, Iveta CZE v SAFAROVA, Lucie CZE
PASZEK, Tamira AUT v QUALIFIER
MEDINA GARRIGUES, Anabel ESP v PAVLYUCHENKOVA, Anastasia RUS

And finally Sabine wrote something on Twitter:

In Linz! I love the european indoor tournaments esp in German speaking countries

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone

Last edited by Sabinator. : Oct 10th, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #2
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation
Re: Linz!

Thank **** for that! Was beginning to wonder where the hell she'd got to!!! Hope she's feeling better.
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #3
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of
Re: Sabine in Linz!

today vs brianti! good luck bine
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #4
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Really disappointing. I was looking forward to a possible match between Sabine and Pavs. Oh well.
everythingtaboo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #5
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

bad performance, I mean, she had a long break after US Open first + food poisoning in China but she still should beat players like Brianti, even if she is only at 50% and she had all chances today anyway, didn´t start bad, she played well, didn´t risk too much and it was enough, but from *52 it was just awful, never seen her that bad, I think , good fight in the 2nd set and good start into 3rd set as well but then no fitness in the end ( that was expected, that´s why I said that she should have won it in 2 sets) and no confidence on serve anyway, was clear then that she would lose.

Her whole game is just really sensitive and not stable at all, especially her serve, that´s a big problem.
She can really play terrible then if she doesn´t feel comfortable on court after a longer break like today or when she isn´t confident.
And she wasn´t confident at all today, you immediately saw that she didn´t play many matches since NY, in fact only one set against Begu, she was playing like someone who didn´t play for 2 years at some parts of the match!

I hope now that she stays healthy now at least during off season, then she will obviously come back stronger then again in 2012 and I am still positive about 2012 as well but as I said, I don´t know if she will play some good tennis again in 2011, I guess she needs a bit more time now to be at 100% again but let´s hope for a good draw then at least.
But you have to be realistic, Brianti was already one of the easiest possible opponents as well!
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #6
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Not a big shame to lose under these conditions. Beijing really robbed her of her form.
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #7
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

she also has an awful schedule. why she skipped tokyo? she was out in r4 at the us open, enough time for recovery. even kerber played tokyo (even a nice one lost to lady aga in 3 close sets in r3) and she was standing in the sf of new york...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #8
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, that long break after NY was a bit strange, don´t know if she had any personal reasons, so I won´t say much but Sabine is definitely a player who should play regular, longer breaks aren´t good for her at all!
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #9
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Her whole game is just really sensitive and not stable at all, especially her serve, that´s a big problem.
I rather think that she lacks the experience of tight, contested matches, as I wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
she also has an awful schedule. why she skipped tokyo? she was out in r4 at the us open, enough time for recovery. even kerber played tokyo (even a nice one lost to lady aga in 3 close sets in r3) and she was standing in the sf of new york...
She wanted a longer break after the schedule she had since Birmingham, she was tired physically and mentally after the USO as she said. And she didn't need the points.
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #10
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Aah Sabine Hopefully she can play better next week.

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #11
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #12
country flag CillyUltra

Sabine said this in the German interview after the match:
Quote:
My energy was just gone. I was very ill in China, was in the hospital and have simply not yet fully recovered. What happened in China was terrible. I'm glad I'm still alive. I've tried everything, I wanted to play in a German speaking country. Well, some shots were good. But after a week in bed, it's just hard to get a good rhythm. I really wanted, but my body just has let me down.
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #13
country flag Ian Aberdon

Thank you Cillyultra. I just knew there was something, given the lack of news leading up to Linz. Probably won't shut up her haters, but I knew she couldn't possibly have made a full recovery so soon. Rest up Sabs.
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #14
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

I'm blaming Beijing on all of this. No good has ever come out of that tournament.

Last edited by everythingtaboo : Oct 12th, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
everythingtaboo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #15
country flag Ian Aberdon

Well maybe the "lucky to be alive" bit has been mistranslated from German into English. Maybe not. Certainly I have no doubts she was pretty ill for several days & she was very worried. Being unable to tweet or FB from China notwithstanding, I just had a feeling that the lack of news about Sabine before she turned up in Linz meant that what she had was rather nasty & not something you could recover from quickly...certainly not enough to play a competitive match of tennis.

Food poisoning is a nasty business, whatever form it takes & in whichever country it happens in. The stomach cramps & sickness may go, but the aftermath is a lack of appetite & a lack of energy, especially if you're still confined to bed & uanble to train, & I have no reason to doubt her on this.

Then you're changing time zones flying from Asia to Europe whilst still not 100% fit, no matter how sensational you may look at the pre-Linz party (& she did).

One week between China & Austria, having gone through a nasty bout of food poisoning, was way too soon, in my opinion.

Perhaps she should have pulled out, but she didn't want to let anyone down. She gave it a go, that's all anyone can ask.

I'm prepared to cut her some slack here...which is why I didn't pick her to win in the prediction thread. I just didn't think she would have got over it so soon. And I've been proved right.

She did well to go as far as she did in the match.