Central Europe Leg (Linz & Luxembourg) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #16
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Central Europe Leg (Linz & Luxembourg)

Win the title, Julia.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #17
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumilover. View Post
I picked her to win the title in the FITD but its more out of false hope than anything
i actually think she does have a shot though. i mean kvitova is awful atm, andrea probably will pull out, she can surely beat jankovic on hard indoor courts. I think the only ones getting in the way are lisicki ( who most of us would be fine with winning), nastya pavs, or flavia.

i just hope she can qualify for bali
Petra is a very good indoor player if not better than Julia so I wouldn't regard that much her actual form on these fast indoor HC surfaces...

I also hope Julia will qualify for Bali but I really don't think it'll be in Linz but in Luxembourg - the field this year is just very very competitive in Linz.

I only expect Julia to make the QF or SF or something for me that'd be doing well.

Julia had her chance in Bad Gastein to win an international event and get to Bali, I'm really not fund of these last minute qualifications... she has a Premier event so I hope the organizers will not be to biased to see that if she can't qualify directly, that she's the one who deserves the most in the top 20, especially when for example Ivanovic hasn't won nothing (last year's winner or not).
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #18
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, Pennetta replaced Petkovic in the draw, so Julia will play Rybarikova or a Q/LL if she beats Sevastova, possible QF against Jankovic!
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #19
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Ok, Pennetta replaced Petkovic in the draw, so Julia will play Rybarikova or a Q/LL if she beats Sevastova, possible QF against Jankovic!
this time she has a lucky draw.if she is in a good mood,who knows?maybe our gorgoeus julia win her third wta title.
LinusVanPelt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #20
country flag Ayumilover.

Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Petra is a very good indoor player if not better than Julia so I wouldn't regard that much her actual form on these fast indoor HC surfaces...

I also hope Julia will qualify for Bali but I really don't think it'll be in Linz but in Luxembourg - the field this year is just very very competitive in Linz.

I only expect Julia to make the QF or SF or something for me that'd be doing well.

Julia had her chance in Bad Gastein to win an international event and get to Bali, I'm really not fund of these last minute qualifications... she has a Premier event so I hope the organizers will not be to biased to see that if she can't qualify directly, that she's the one who deserves the most in the top 20, especially when for example Ivanovic hasn't won nothing (last year's winner or not).
Petra probably is the better indoor player but Julia can still catch up becuase it's pretty close. Plus, Petra has been in bad for after winning Wimbledon so i don't think she's a threat to Julia. Last year remember, Julia beat her at this same tournament 6-1,6-2 i think it was.

I haven't checked the Luxembourg list but i always feel its tougher. Hopefully yeah she'll win one of them. I know she deserves a wild card but i doubt she'll get it. Ana IMO deserves it more plus she's way more famous. With Pennetta taking Petkovic's spot, I think the draw is much more open for Julia now and Flavia tends to struggle when she gets deeper into a draw.
Ayumilover. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #21
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Play well, Julia.
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #22
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Quote:
[...] I haven't checked the Luxembourg list but i always feel its tougher.
As it looks like that no Top 20 player will request a [WC] and Angelique Kerber will be awarded with one instead, Julia should be # 7 seed. Field will be lead by Victoria Azarenka. She and Maria Kirilenko and Gisela Dulko/Flavia Pennetta are battling for YEC (Doubles).

Julia Görges (# 42)/Anna Lena Grönefeld (# 54) won their opening match against 16 76(4) [119] win (three MPs down) against Nina Bratchikova (# 78)/Darija Jurak (# 81). Both Germans will meet Italians Alberta Brianti (# 74)/Sara Errani (# 24) in QF.

Last edited by Tennis Observer : Oct 10th, 2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: update
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #23
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra probably is the better indoor player but Julia can still catch up becuase it's pretty close.
In all honesty, I'm afraid to say it's not even close between the 2 as far as it is concerned in indoor HCs... Petra's record is overwhelmingly better than Julia and if Petra plays half to the best she's able to play in these specific conditions, she'll win the tournament.

Quote:
Plus, Petra has been in bad for after winning Wimbledon so i don't think she's a threat to Julia. Last year remember, Julia beat her at this same tournament 6-1,6-2 i think it was.
Yes but all these are pretty much relative...

Anyways Petra wasn't the same player a year back though it doesn't take off nothing from Julia's wonderful performance, arguably her best match for 2010 and to me one of her best matches up to date.

I'm sorry if I seem very pessimistic... Anyways Julia will have Jelena to defeat first to have any kind of projections whatsoever on the matches after that...

Let's just hope already she gets through her early opponents, which is certainly not a given with Julia.

Quote:
I haven't checked the Luxembourg list but i always feel its tougher. Hopefully yeah she'll win one of them. I know she deserves a wild card but i doubt she'll get it. Ana IMO deserves it more plus she's way more famous. With Pennetta taking Petkovic's spot, I think the draw is much more open for Julia now and Flavia tends to struggle when she gets deeper into a draw.
Yes the draw is a little bit more ok now... anyways as I said we'll see how all that develops, I just want good appearances and we'll see for the titles in the given moment.
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #24
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Julia will be on Eurosport tomorrow, after Garrigues/ Pavlyuchenkova (NB 1pm) and Paszek/Cirstea (NB 2pm).
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #25
country flag 18majors

Go Julia, beat Sevastova.
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #26
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Julia only on ESP2

Something is really wrong with WTA if they give Pav instead of Julia a safe TV slot. I mean, who wants to watch fatty Pav instead of Julia? (sorry Vika)
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #27
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

^^ That is because she is not wearng a sexier outfit
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #28
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light

thanks to eurosport 2 i can watch the game.she is playing standart.. the thing is she will beat her opponent today. but she's a weak player. julia can beat under 30.seed players but she cant beat the rest. her game doesnt work on player who are above the avarage. sad but true.
LinusVanPelt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #29
country flag Vikapower

Oh boy guys I said it, Julia is really not going that far in this tournament - I hope she proves me wrong but really just a pathetic performance overall... She wins the first set and just doesn't seem to able to keep any kind of focus then after... so much wild hitting at times for that matter many times...

Come on Julia you can really do better, please !

Last edited by Vikapower : Oct 11th, 2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #30
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

She REALLY needs a break I guess...
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote