ART Budapest: Week 15 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #46
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all
Re: ART Budapest: Week 15

Doubles Quarter-Finals

(4) Sabine Lisicki (GER) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) and Gisela Dulko (ARG)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(4) Lisicki and Kuznetsova

(4) Sabine Lisicki (GER) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) Def. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) and Gisela Dulko (ARG)

3-6, 7-6 (0), 6-4

Sabine and Sveta played immense today. Sabine couldn't stop hitting the ball with perfection as Kuzzy's volley striking at the net were breathtaking. The second set tiebreak really made the difference as the German and Russian fought to turn the match around. Flavia and Gisela just had no resistance or answer in the final set!

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #47

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Doubles Quarter-Finals

Justine Henin (BEL) and Aravane Rezai (FRA) vs. (2) Patty Schnyder (SUI) and Nadia Petrova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Henin and Rezai

Justine Henin (BEL) and Aravane Rezai (FRA) Def. (2) Patty Schnyder (SUI) and Nadia Petrova (RUS)

6-4, 4-6, 6-4

Henin and Rezai shocked the No.2 seeds from the get go as Schnyder and Petrova struggled to find any inspiartion in the opener. The second set found them bounce back, but coming into the final set it was clear that Schnyder and Petrova were struggling as Rezai and Henin became stronger and more confident in their play. Henin was amazing at the net today.

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Oct 19th, 2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #48

Quarter-Finals

Maria Sharapova (RUS) vs. Gisela Dulko (ARG)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Sharapova

Maria Sharapova (RUS) Def. Gisela Dulko (ARG)

6-4, 5-7, 7-5

Maria Sharapova put on another fantastic match here in Budapest managing to find some of her best tennis in the final set. Her groundstrokes were pretty impressive which made up for a number of shakey service games that Dulko managed to break, but Maria stayed strong managing to serve that match out at 6-5 with one of her most impressive service games in the match.

Serena Williams

Old Oct 17th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #49

Quarter-Finals

Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. (2) Ana Ivanovic (SRB)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Jankovic

Jelena Jankovic (SRB) Def. (2) Ana Ivanovic (SRB)

7-6 (0), 4-6, 6-3

Both Serbs most definately put on a clash of the Titans, but it was Jankovic who came out as the top Serb today with the first set tiebreak really determining who the winner would be. Jankovic's defence was inspiring, and though Ana's forehand produced a number of unbelievable winners, it was Jankovic's defence that made all the difference making Ana make one more move on the ball which came to be the No.2 seeds downfall! BFF's Jankovic and Sharapova will face each other in the Semi-Finals for a place in the Budapest Final.

Serena Williams

Old Oct 17th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #50

Congratulations to all winners for advancing through to the Semi-Finals! Nice work

All Semi-Finals will be tomorrow! Good luck

Serena Williams
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #51
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #52

Semi-Finals and Finals coming up today for Budpest! Good luck y'all

Serena Williams
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #53

Semi-Finals

(1) Nadia Petrova (RUS) vs. Dinara Safina (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(1) Petrova

(1) Nadia Petrova (RUS) Def. Dinara Safina (RUS)

6-3, 6-4

Nadia Petrova has been determined all week to prove her ranking here as well as notch closer to Anna Chakvetadze for the world no.1 spot. Nadia has had a solid year and today was no surprise as she eased through the returning Dinara Safina with consistant after consistant winner, that seemed to make Dinara nervy from the get go as she flaked in the second set as Petrova gained more and more confidence and consistancy within her play. Nadia could do no wrong today

Serena Williams
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #54

Semi-Finals

Maria Sharapova (RUS) vs. Jelena Jankovic (SRB)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Sharapova

Maria Sharapova (RUS) Def. Jelena Jankovic (SRB)

6-4, 7-5

It was a tough battle for both BFF's out on court today, but it was Maria Sharapova who came out as the victor today making it through to another Final, her second since Sydney. There is no question that since Wimbledon Maria has got over her lingering shoulder injury returning to the tour all fired up, ready and passionate about her tennis. She is playing like a new woman at the moment and when Maria was on it like she was today, then there is no stopping the resiliant Russian. Jankovic played some great tennis, but Sharapova's winning factor in the match was the winners that she was able to put away against Jelena who found it hard compared to her doubles partner to put opportunities of winners presented to her hard to put away. All Russian Final will commence in Budapest, as well as an all Chinese Final in Copenhagen!

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Oct 19th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #55

Doubles Semi-Finals

(1) Maria Sharapova (RUS) and Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. Dinara Safina (RUS) and Elena Vesnina (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(1) Sharapova and Jankovic

(1) Maria Sharapova (RUS) and Jelena Jankovic (SRB) Def. Dinara Safina (RUS) and Elena Vesnina (RUS)

6-4, 6-3

After a fantastic singles match both BFF's put the match behind them and got to work and business out on court against the returning duo of Safina and Vesnina. Jankovic and Sharapova were so impressive and are on a winning streak of 7 matches not losing to any Doubles team since before Wimbledon. With a Grand Slam already to both their names, making it through to a second consecutive Final, are both ladies on their way to becoming No.1 in the world. There is no doubt that the current No.1 Anna Chakvetadze has and is having a phenomanal year in both singles and Doubles and it will take a lot more wins to dethrone her. But there is no doubt that if Masha and JJ win another title her back to back, then they are on their way in entering the top 2, if the dominance continues!

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Oct 19th, 2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #56

Doubles Semi-Finals

(4) Sabine Lisicki (GER) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. Justine Henin (BEL) and Aravane Rezai (FRA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Henin and Rezai

Justine Henin (BEL) and Aravane Rezai (FRA) Def. (4) Sabine Lisicki (GER) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)

6-3, 2-6, 7-5

Well no one would have thought it especially Rezai and Henin who had decided to enter the doubles tournament as a last resort and as Henin had quoted earlier in the week, 'a little bit of fun'. With no pressure on these ladies this week they have become quite the doubles team in Budapest. Aravane's aggressive play from the baseline has proved wonders for Henin who has been smashing struggling opponents returns at the net for some easy wins and some incredible winners. They were put to the limit today from one of the tours top stars Sabine Lisicki and Svetlana Kuznetsova, who at times looked like they had the match in their grasp, but Rezai and Henin kept coming back for more and managed to make a well deserved win that pits them in the Final against Wimbledon Champs and No.1 seeds Maria Sharapova and Jelena Jankovic!

Serena Williams
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #57

Congratulations to Singles Finalists Maria Sharapova and Nadia Petrova. This should be an amazing Final

Congratulations to Masha/Jankovic for a second consecutive back to back Final, and to Justine Henin and Aravane Rezai making their first Final together! This should be another mouth watering Final

The Finals will be up shortly!

Serena Williams
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #58

The Live Finals will be tonight at 9:30PM (GMT)

Tune in then and see you all then

Serena Williams
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #59

Finals coming up

Serena Williams
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #60

The Final

(1) Nadia Petrova (RUS) vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND CHAMPIONSHIP
Sharapova

Maria Sharapova (RUS) Def. (1) Nadia Petrova (RUS)

5-7, 6-4, 6-4

Maria Sharapova ended her fantastic week on a high with her second title on the ART Tour since Sydney! Sharapova put her critics to bed after a wonderful performance in the second and final set. Nadia played with so much fire, energy and confidence in the opening set making Sharapova run for every ball while breaking her early in the match. She kept all of her service games and looked in good form going into the second set. But Sharapova took more chances in the first game of the second set, as Nadia became more uncomfortable and started to fray in the long rallies the Russians were throwing at each other. Nadia left the second set mentally half way through as Maria gained more and more momentum! The Final set saw both Russians play some of their best tennis with some intense shot making and some breath taking rallies that left the Budapest crowd on the edge of their seats, however Sharapova finally stepped into another gear finally making a number of special winners that Nadia could not touch! The emotion from Sharapova after taking the title really showed to everyone in the tennis world how much tennis means to her as well as her reassurgance back to form. Is Maria finally ready for the big time?

Serena Williams